Action 3 slow writing speed
783 15 2022-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eMuw8v0pfli2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74160 ft
United States

One day it works another day it won't.. unreliable.. this is with the new update too.
(The SD card i am using is a UHS 3 which should be able to handle the task)

I've formatted the sd card using the dji action 3 and successfully recorded some footage. Went to record again weeks later with some footage still being on the SD card and was met with this. This is beyond a joke, any advice is much appreciated!
20221104_154244.jpg
20221104_155215.jpg
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We highly recommend that you format the SD card from a computer. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted into the exFAT file system. The recommended cluster size is 128KB. Additionally, if formatting does not resolve the issue, we suggest that you try using one of the recommended SD cards.
Recommended models:
SanDisk Extreme 32GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 128GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 64GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 128GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 256GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Samsung Pro Plus 256GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3
You may also check this link for further details: {https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-3/specs}. Please keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this camera does not like that card, I use a sandisk and no issues the Samsung, kiss it goodbye
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_eMuw8v0pfli2
lvl.1
United States

I have a few different cards mentioned above from both the Samsung pro line and the SanDisk extreme line up. I'll test those out and report back when I can.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_eMuw8v0pfli2
lvl.1
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 11-4 15:51
this camera does not like that card, I use a sandisk and no issues the Samsung, kiss it goodbye

Thanks for the feedback. Which model/size is it that you have for yours if you dont mind me asking?
2022-11-4
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Samsung Evo plus 128gb worked well,. it is a new card
transferspeed 130mb/s
IMG_20221105_092055.jpg
2022-11-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Your card doesn't say v30.
I use a Lexar 128GB v30 and it works fine.

Also be sure you buy a real card because there are so many fakes out there sold on amazon/ebay etc.

2022-11-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

one that caused the issue is  from Samsung, not fake, it is the evo select + 64gb formatted correctly
2022-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Some videos to show how easy/hard it is to see difference between fake/real cards

2022-11-5
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 15:18
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We highly recommend that you format the SD card from a computer. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted into the exFAT file system. The recommended cluster size is 128KB. Additionally, if formatting does not resolve the issue, we suggest that you try using one of the recommended SD cards.
Recommended models:
SanDisk Extreme 32GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3

I use a Sandisk Extreme 256 Gb (legit and original) in my OA3 and had no problems with it. After buying the SD Card I tested with the H2testw (freeware) on my laptop, then I formatted directly in my Action 3.
Why is only the SanDisk Extreme 32GB on the list of the recommended sdcard by DJI? My 256 GbB sdcard work perfectly.
20221010_181532.jpg
20221010_215830_001.jpg
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eMuw8v0pfli2 Posted at 11-4 15:59
I have a few different cards mentioned above from both the Samsung pro line and the SanDisk extreme line up. I'll test those out and report back when I can.

Hello there. Thank you for the confirmation. Please continue to keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 02:26
Hello there. Thank you for the confirmation. Please continue to keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.

The Sandisk Extreme 64G works fine, too.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-E ... apter/dp/B07FCMBLV6
2022-11-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

They only write cards that they have tested it with and/or that have support in firmware.
It is the same with all products from DJI (and other manufactures aswell).

I use Lexar for both my Osmo Action cameras (64GB on OA1 and 128GB on OA3) and no problem.
Kingston for Pocket 2 and Sandisk for Mini 2 and Gopro 10.

I like to have different cards for all my products so I know which belong to which
2022-11-7
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

My personal experience with SanDisk has been a nightmare. I tried using the extreme plus (variety of storage sizes). I had problems with every card. I sent them all back to SanDisk since I was still under warranty, even the replacement cards had slow writing speeds. Since switching over to the Samsung Evo Select, I have not had a single issue.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ceyx21 Posted at 11-7 02:21
I use a Sandisk Extreme 256 Gb (legit and original) in my OA3 and had no problems with it. After buying the SD Card I tested with the H2testw (freeware) on my laptop, then I formatted directly in my Action 3.
Why is only the SanDisk Extreme 32GB on the list of the recommended sdcard by DJI? My 256 GbB sdcard work perfectly.

Hi, Ceyx21. Thanks for sharing the SD cards that you're using and we're pleased to read that no issues are encountered with them. As johansenfoto mentioned in the comment above, the posted recommended SD cards that we have are the ones that our engineers have tested. In general, it can support up to 256 GB micro SD cards. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
hockeystuff
lvl.1

United States

I get the same "SD card wrting slow" error message and shut off.  But it is only if the memory card is NOT EMPTY.  I have been using the same memory card without issue for a couple months on the DJI Action 3.  No issues.  Then my son's hockey game went into OT so I had to change the batteries.  I hit record again and that's when I suddenly get the error.  There were no issues recording the first hour of the game.  Only when I stopped the recording, changed the battery and then tried to start recording again.  Yesterday, at a different hockey game, I recorded my daughter's hockey game without issue.  The card was blank when I started that game.  No issues.  An hour later I went to record my son's game and the slow write speed error message began.  I swapped out the memory card for one that was blank, (exact same make and model of card (both were 256GB Evo Selects), and suddenly there's no issues recording.  

For me, I never get the SD card writing slowly error if the card is empty when I start recording.  I always get it if the card is not empty.  I guess I'm never taking this camera on vacation.  Seems like I get 1 clip and that's it. Feels like a firmware update is needed.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules