62 Things EVERY DJI Mavic 3 Classic Buyer Should Know!
1521 22 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

62 Things EVERY DJI Mavic 3 Classic Buyer Should Know!

2022-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, 62 things even ;)
2022-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-5 03:32
Wow, 62 things even ;)

Yes I saw that and thought of you.
2022-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 04:24
Yes I saw that and thought of you.

I wonder why
2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that was quite a detailed review.  Thanks for sharing DA.  
2022-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 06:14
Wow, that was quite a detailed review.  Thanks for sharing DA.

Id been looking at it thinking about selling the M2P and getting one,  I was on the fence and then I saw the cost of the batteries and said no dont do it to my self.
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 00:03
Id been looking at it thinking about selling the M2P and getting one,  I was on the fence and then I saw the cost of the batteries and said no dont do it to my self.

Hang on to the M2P as it's still a great drone.  Seems like with each new drone released the associated parts continue to climb price wise, especially the price of batteries.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 06:38
Hang on to the M2P as it's still a great drone.  Seems like with each new drone released the associated parts continue to climb price wise, especially the price of batteries.

Yep.  Just put three batteries on charge.  Weather permitting we’re doing a mini road trip to 4 or 5 locations tomorow so I’ll have the mini3, m2p and a couple of DSLRs one normal and one IR converted.   I don’t expect to use the IR camera as it needs full sun but you never know.  

If I’m not on the forum much tomorrow I’ll be driving.

Oops.  Nearly.  I was going to post the route but it dawned on me it shows the places I’m going so I won’t be able to play the guess where game.  

2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 07:12
Yep.  Just put three batteries on charge.  Weather permitting we’re doing a mini road trip to 4 or 5 locations tomorow so I’ll have the mini3, m2p and a couple of DSLRs one normal and one IR converted.   I don’t expect to use the IR camera as it needs full sun but you never know.  

If I’m not on the forum much tomorrow I’ll be driving.

Hope the weather cooperates with your trip.  I'm going to head over to do a dive on a local lake.  Supposedly there is another expensive rod and reel that went over the side of a fisherman's boat yesterday.  My neighbor was with his son at the lake and told me where he was when he  saw the guy in the other boat lose it.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find it for him. If not will be fun to just get another dive in and make some more bubbles.
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 07:40
Hope the weather cooperates with your trip.  I'm going to head over to do a dive on a local lake.  Supposedly there is another expensive rod and reel that went over the side of a fisherman's boat yesterday.  My neighbor was with his son at the lake and told me where he was when he  saw the guy in the other boat lose it.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find it for him. If not will be fun to just get another dive in and make some more bubbles.

Spoiler it didnt,    The forecast we as dry but windy all day. about an hour after arriving it rained and kept on raining until we gave up and headed home.
2022-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 23:29
Spoiler it didnt,    The forecast we as dry but windy all day. about an hour after arriving it rained and kept on raining until we gave up and headed home.

Dang, sorry to hear that DA.  

I struck out at the lake dive also as I didn't find the recently lost rod and reel.  Just an old rusted anchor and not much else.  The water was very murky but I had my underwater metal detector so I should have been able to find it.  
2022-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 03:38
Dang, sorry to hear that DA.  

I struck out at the lake dive also as I didn't find the recently lost rod and reel.  Just an old rusted anchor and not much else.  The water was very murky but I had my underwater metal detector so I should have been able to find it.

Maybe the fish swam off with it.

Having a great morning so far,   today is service day for the other car,  forecast was dry which is good as its under a cover,  so at 6am Im fighting this soaking cover in heavy rain to get the car ready to go out.    I know have a soaking cover in the workshop,   a car that will come home dirty and will need to be washed and dried before the cover can go back on.   and probably a wet floor to sort out after all of that.
2022-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-8 23:46

Having a great morning so far,   today is service day for the other car,  forecast was dry which is good as its under a cover,  so at 6am Im fighting this soaking cover in heavy rain to get the car ready to go out.    I know have a soaking cover in the workshop,   a car that will come home dirty and will need to be washed and dried before the cover can go back on.   and probably a wet floor to sort out after all of that.

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy day with a car needing lots of help.
2022-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 03:42

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy day with a car needing lots of help.

Luckily after dropping it off and doing the various chores I did get to visit some beach huts at high tide nd we got the car back early so there was time to wash and polish it before getting the cover back on.

2022-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 23:28
Luckily after dropping it off and doing the various chores I did get to visit some beach huts at high tide nd we got the car back early so there was time to wash and polish it before getting the cover back on.

[view_image]

Nice shot.  Those are some unique beach huts.  
2022-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-10 04:52
Nice shot.  Those are some unique beach huts.

Yes.  They are one of the popular photography locations around these parts.  
2022-11-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-10 05:02
Yes.  They are one of the popular photography locations around these parts.

Easy to see why they are popular.  
2022-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-10 05:04
Easy to see why they are popular.

They get turned into "Fine Art" a lot. Hopefully me included.  
2022-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 01:33
They get turned into "Fine Art" a lot. Hopefully me included.

2022-11-12
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Only 62 things.  
2023-1-18
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once you go explorer mode Zoom on a mavic 3 you can't go back to Mavic Classic.  I made the mistake and thought no, I don't need that insane zoom, but then tried the mavic 3.  Once I experienced explorer mode and the better gimbal cover, I am convinced the Mavic 3 (not classic) is the only way to go for me.  It's about $500 more though, and you won't see this on the shelf price tag, but DJI Care is $100 more for the Mavic 3 than the Mavic 3 Classic and care plan is not transferrable between the two models if you buy a classic and return it like I did for the Mavic 3, so you'll need another $250+ for the DJI Care Plan.
2023-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronethemoment Posted at 1-18 13:38
Once you go explorer mode Zoom on a mavic 3 you can't go back to Mavic Classic.  I made the mistake and thought no, I don't need that insane zoom, but then tried the mavic 3.  Once I experienced explorer mode and the better gimbal cover, I am convinced the Mavic 3 (not classic) is the only way to go for me.  It's about $500 more though, and you won't see this on the shelf price tag, but DJI Care is $100 more for the Mavic 3 than the Mavic 3 Classic and care plan is not transferrable between the two models if you buy a classic and return it like I did for the Mavic 3, so you'll need another $250+ for the DJI Care Plan.

Its just so disappointing here that it has to be in a 100m wide bubble away from people here.
2023-1-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can only think of a few things so I had better watch this video!
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules