virtual flight for windows crashes my pc
748 5 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb24f65f0
lvl.1
United States

finally had dji virtual flight working on both my phone (galaxy s20 fe)and my windows computer . i had been having alot of problems and neither were working .

then last night i tried again ,i powered on the goggles first then my remote ,then i started the sim on my phone and plugged that into the goggles . i then got a update notice and the dji fly app got an update . what the fly app had to do with the sim is beyond me but at that point everything started working .

so i figured i would try the windows virtual flight because thats where i really want to fly ,on my 32inch screen . what do you know it finally recognized my remote the remote icon went green with a check mark in it and i was working "FINALLY"  .

but theres a issue ,the same issue i been having with the dji virtual flight software . i was flying along when i decided to go change the course ,computer froze up .

try to restart and nothing ,try multiple times and again nothing . gave up for the night . this morning computer started up . if i wait like 10-15 minutes after the crash it will start . but the only time i have this issue is when i put this dji software on my computer ,anytime the software is taken off my pc my pc runs and starts fine .

anyone else having similar issues ?

windows 10 pro here . i do get a warning from my pc when i go to install the sim and have to give permission to install it .

2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansb24f65f0. Thank you for reaching out. It's good to know the issue on the DJI Virtual app on your phone has been resolved already. Moving on to the DJI  Flight Simulator, may we ask what is the GPU of your computer? Is it running Win10 32-bit or Win10 64-bit operating system?  We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-5
Use props
fansb24f65f0
lvl.1
United States

win 10 pro 64 bit . i learned something else today too . i been trying to use virtual flight on my pc for some time now and always had a problem getting the sim to load my remote . well i was using the front usb ports on my home pc .just for kicks i tried using the rear usb ports and what do you know ,that works most the time .

but the crashing still occurs . usually when i try to make a change ,like change from one fly spot to another or make some other change ,it will freeze up and do nothing ,or sometimes the whole pc will go black . then i have to wait 10 minutes or so before it will restart ,if i try right away it will power up and immediately power off and not start .

have none these issues when the sim software i not on my machine .

i have a amd processor .

gpu is geforce gtx 660

and why was my screen name changed ? i did not make that name thats there now

2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb24f65f0 Posted at 11-5 10:31
win 10 pro 64 bit . i learned something else today too . i been trying to use virtual flight on my pc for some time now and always had a problem getting the sim to load my remote . well i was using the front usb ports on my home pc .just for kicks i tried using the rear usb ports and what do you know ,that works most the time .

but the crashing still occurs . usually when i try to make a change ,like change from one fly spot to another or make some other change ,it will freeze up and do nothing ,or sometimes the whole pc will go black . then i have to wait 10 minutes or so before it will restart ,if i try right away it will power up and immediately power off and not start .

Hi, fansb24f65f0. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We appreciate the detailed information. This concern is already been forwarded to our designated team and we are waiting for updates. As soon as we get one, we will surely keep you posted. If you would like to change your username, please click your picture on the top right side of the website then go to Settings>Set my username. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-11-8
Use props
fans1b185363
lvl.1
United States

yup i changed it last time and now it changed right back .

i also purchased a new video card . nvidia gtx 1660 with 6gb ddr5 thanking maybe it was my video card crashing or overheating but it still crashes . usually when i go to make a change
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans1b185363 Posted at 11-8 14:15
yup i changed it last time and now it changed right back .

i also purchased a new video card . nvidia gtx 1660 with 6gb ddr5 thanking maybe it was my video card crashing or overheating but it still crashes . usually when i go to make a change

Hi, fans1b185363. Thank you for the added information. We have now received feedback from our relevant team. They are suggesting lowering the computer screen resolution. If the issue persists, please try another PC. Recommended configuration for DJI Virtual Flight for Windows is shown below:
System version:64-bit Windows 7/8/10
CPU: Intel i3-12100
RAM:8GB RAM
Graphics card: GeForce GTX1060
Memory:8 GB and above

Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules