The Balvenie Distillery
865 12 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

A short drone video and photo montage from our trip and tour at The Balvenie last week, an amazing Distillery with some awesome drams, including the 12YO Doublewood, the 14YO Carribean Cask and 3 Cask Strength specials...

Drone flight was from the car park, and with advance permission obtained.

2022-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Short but nice!
2022-11-5
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks, I am hoping that when they see it they may allow me to return in the future and overfly a bit more - and perhaps to take some video inside, once I get a suitable camera sorted out...
2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing mix of aerial footage and still shots.    That is quite the complex.  Did I miss where you tried a sample of the scotch whiskey?  
2022-11-5
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 07:21
Amazing mix of aerial footage and still shots.    That is quite the complex.  Did I miss where you tried a sample of the scotch whiskey?

Lol, we were too busy sampling them to take photos, although most of mine were bottled and shared with a friend when we got back to the cottage as I was the designated Driver.. Called into GlenAllachie in the afternoon - got another video to do with the footage and pics from there yet...
2022-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 11-5 06:50
Thanks, I am hoping that when they see it they may allow me to return in the future and overfly a bit more - and perhaps to take some video inside, once I get a suitable camera sorted out...

You're welcome.
Yeah, there is usually something to capture 'left'.
2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-5 07:27
Lol, we were too busy sampling them to take photos, although most of mine were bottled and shared with a friend when we got back to the cottage as I was the designated Driver.. Called into GlenAllachie in the afternoon - got another video to do with the footage and pics from there yet...

Ahh, so you took your samples with you.  Good to know.  Looking forward to seeing you next video.  Hope you are having a great weekend.
2022-11-5
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 07:39
Ahh, so you took your samples with you.  Good to know.  Looking forward to seeing you next video.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

Thanks, weekend is ok now, had some issues trying to edit the Balvenie footage, DaVinci kept dying halfway through the render, seems it odesnt like crossover fades with stills and subtitles... took me a while to work out what was going wrong, thankfully all sorted now, but cant edit next video until tomorrow, hubby wants his computer back ;)
2022-11-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Who could fail to be interested in a whisky distillery Great sequences.
Are you intending to travel to Skye, perchance?
Don't miss the Talisker distillery near Carbost, if you do.
We had a memorable experience there.
2022-11-6
Use props
Albion Drones
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-6 00:08
Who could fail to be interested in a whisky distillery Great sequences.
Are you intending to travel to Skye, perchance?
Don't miss the Talisker distillery near Carbost, if you do.

Unfortunately not this trip, we have been to Talisker a couple of times, the last one 2 years ago, Talisker is an excellent whisky... It is one of the things that first took us to Scotland, to explore single malt whisky after hubby was diagnosed with gluten issues, and beer is somewhat problematic for him... So far we have been to almost all of the Distilleries that are open for visitors, they make a great way to spend a holiday, and generally are quite photogenic, so taking the drone back to film them is a great excuse to go back to them all!
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now there's some history there.  And fun to see the old barrels being fitted the traditional way with a computer screen behind them.
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-5 07:47
Thanks, weekend is ok now, had some issues trying to edit the Balvenie footage, DaVinci kept dying halfway through the render, seems it odesnt like crossover fades with stills and subtitles... took me a while to work out what was going wrong, thankfully all sorted now, but cant edit next video until tomorrow, hubby wants his computer back ;)

I understand.  I've had a few issues with DR in the past but I think it was because the laptop's processor I was using at the time just wasn't fast enough.  I've since upgraded to a top of the line laptop and no lagging whatsoever.  
2022-11-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Albion Drones Posted at 11-6 00:28
Unfortunately not this trip, we have been to Talisker a couple of times, the last one 2 years ago, Talisker is an excellent whisky... It is one of the things that first took us to Scotland, to explore single malt whisky after hubby was diagnosed with gluten issues, and beer is somewhat problematic for him... So far we have been to almost all of the Distilleries that are open for visitors, they make a great way to spend a holiday, and generally are quite photogenic, so taking the drone back to film them is a great excuse to go back to them all!

As if an excuse were needed
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules