DJI Mini Pro 3 Question
553 3 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beaurogersphoto
New

United States

Hello everyone,

After not flying my old Mavic at all for a couple years, I decided to order the Mini Pro 3. My question is about the fly more combos. If I get the beefier batteries, would that add more rules for me? I read that it will no longer be under 249 grams with the bigger battery. I like having a bit more freedom so would go with the smaller batteries if that is the case.

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to testing it out during the upcoming holiday weekend.
2022-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go with the extended batteries you will need to register you drone with the FAA.   Registration costs $5 and is valid for three (3) years.  To me the $5 is worth being able to fly with the extended batteries as it gives you so much more flying time.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, beaurogersphoto. Thank you for reaching out. We are excited for you to have the DJI Mini 3 Pro! An Intelligent Flight Battery Plus weighs about 121 g, and the total weight of DJI Mini 3 Pro with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus is about 289.5 g. Since the total takeoff weight is over 249 g, you need to follow the local laws and regulations to get your aircraft registered before the flight. As confirmed by DowntownRDB in the previous post above, you need to register it with FAA.  Please let us know if you have further inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules