Different Times on Videos and Other Quirks?
614 8 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SoCal Fly Boy
lvl.2
United States

On my Avata, I have memory cards in both the goggles and the drone. When I compare the details of these videos on my computer, I notice that the time of the two files differ by about 7 hours. The goggle file has a time that's 7 hours later than the drone file. I don't see anywhere to set the time or a time zone. Any ideas about what's going on here?

Plus a couple of other things I noticed. The goggle files is a ".MOV" file and the drone files is a ".MP4". There doesn't seem to be a way to change this format.
Also, the drone mp4 file seems to max out at about 3.5 GB and is under 7 minutes long. It will then start a second video file. The goggle mov file is smaller in size, but will record the whole flight in one file. This messed me up when I had full memory cards and was trying to pair up the goggle and drone files. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, SoCal Fly Boy. Thank you for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. To further assess the situation can you please verify what Goggles are you using with the Avata? Also, please provide the firmware version of the drone and goggles. Kindly go to Settings - About on the goggles to get the firmware versions. We look forward to your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-6
Use props
SoCal Fly Boy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora,
I'm using the Goggles 2, not the V2.
My aircraft firmware version is 01.01.02.000.
RC version is 02.00.02.00.
Goggles version is 01.01.00.00.
The most recent recording of an MOV file in my goggles has a time stamp of 12:28 PM. The same recording of an MP4 file in the drone has a time stamp of 5:28 AM. That's a 7 hour difference.
I don't see anywhere to change the time or time zone. And I don't see anywhere to chose to record in either MOV or MP4 file type.
2022-11-6
Use props
SoCal Fly Boy
lvl.2
United States

I posted the above reply to DJI Gamora 4 days ago and haven't received a reply.
I'm assuming the answer to my problems is that they can't be changed. If that's the way it is, fine. Just have the courtesy to reply.
2022-11-10
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

The goggle vid is a low res. So it fits in one file due to size. The drone vid is much much larger and due to the file limits of FAT they have to be split. If this is a problem you could lower the drone vid qual.
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

The goggle vid is a low res.
2022-11-10
Use props
SoCal Fly Boy
lvl.2
United States

But does anyone know why the time stamp on my drone and goggle videos have a 7 hour difference?
2022-11-10
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

SoCal Fly Boy Posted at 11-10 20:32
But does anyone know why the time stamp on my drone and goggle videos have a 7 hour difference?

It still thinks it's in China
2022-11-10
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Don't know the 7h difference problem.
Strange....

Also disappointed whit .MOV files in Googles 2. Hope next firmware allows us to switch to mp4.
How can we share suggestions whit DJI?
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules