Naza & Vista + S-bus ???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Thought I'd post this question here in the ole Phantom forum. I'm wanting to connect a Naza Lite to a DJI vista using the S bus connection, and then using my DJI transmitter. Anyone else try this? Wiring suggestions? I'm thinking a servo wire from X2 on the Naza, signal wire to the S bus pad on the vista, but then where the other two ??? Also courious how the DJI transmitter will act, "if" I get them talking to one another. Suggestions wanted...
2022-11-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You can try like this : On X2 plug a servo connector, use the white or orange cable to link the S-Bus, and the Black to link the signal GND. Then link the other GND and BATT to the PMU.
2022-11-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

After it remains TX and RX. have to be plugged on the EXP port. If i remember good the wiring is From left to right while watching the naza port 5V RX TX GND. Theoriticaly should work. Just pay attention where is the 5V before plugin TX and RX to confirm that i dont gave you false info.
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Wow! Thanks for the quick replys. I'm still churning it around in my old (73) head. I do hate that smell of fried electronics, not to mention the burn mark it leaves in your wallet! Ha!
Soooo "IF" "On X2 plug a servo connector, use the white or orange cable to link the S-Bus, and the Black to link the signal GND" I'm only using 2 wires on the naza ???
Vista pads top to bottom
Red power +
Black power -  these 2 will power the vista
Yellow  UART RX
White UART TX
Black Signal GND
Yellow S Bus (DJI)

So if I plug a tabbed servo cable into the X2 of the Naza, I have from top to bottom, GND, POS, and SIGNAL on the bottom third wire. So the bottom "SIG" would go to the S-Bus pad on the vista. I'm guessing the GND, (top wire) would be for the SIG GND on the vista. Now what about the UARTS ? not needed ??? And what is the + pos terminal on the X2 of the naza ???
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

OK, checking out the EXP port...... cob webs starting to clear.......
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Closer..... from research....
4-pin NAZA (EXP) connector (from top): Red, orange, yellow brown (V+, High, Low, GND).

gps is not canbus where its labelled low and high are actually rx and tx

naza_gps_pinout.jpg
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

2022-11-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Do not link +wire from EXP and X2 since Vista is already powerize. Important is to link the ground.
You can also add a capacitor between + and - of battery if it is the battery for motor.
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Thanks, that's great. I'll wire it up tomorrow and we'll see. I have a bunch of old builds with Naza, APM, Naze, on and on ...... Got into this DJI digital stuff and I'm hooked.... Now giving life to old builds.

BTW I have a Naza Lite running with a Crossfire receiver, only using 3 wires to the X2 port.

2022-11-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

cootertwo Posted at 11-6 17:02
Thanks, that's great. I'll wire it up tomorrow and we'll see. I have a bunch of old builds with Naza, APM, Naze, on and on ...... Got into this DJI digital stuff and I'm hooked.... Now giving life to old builds.

BTW I have a Naza Lite running with a Crossfire receiver, only using 3 wires to the X2 port.

Yes it uses the S-BUS port on X2. Most probably the power supply is given by the red wire. But if the crossfire has his own power supply you can cut the red one.
2022-11-6
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Still haven't tinkered anymore, YET. But soon. Wondering if I connect the S-bus and it's ground on the Vista, to the signal and ground of the Naza X2. Power each one separately for test, and see if I get any signal connection to the DJI transmitter.
2022-11-12
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

OK. Wired it all up, Vista S-Bus and it's ground to signal and ground pin of Naza X2 . Powered Vista directly from 4s pack, powered Naza with PMU on X3 port. Linked DJI transmitter, goggles, Air unit. Connects to Naza Lite assistant, and all controls AND switches are working. Just needs a little calibration, but it works fine! Thanks for the help LV_Forestry
2022-11-12
Use props
westmv
lvl.2

United States

cootertwo Posted at 2022-11-6 10:27
Wow! Thanks for the quick replys. I'm still churning it around in my old (73) head. I do hate that smell of fried electronics, not to mention the burn mark it leaves in your wallet! Ha!
Soooo "IF" "On X2 plug a servo connector, use the white or orange cable to link the S-Bus, and the Black to link the signal GND" I'm only using 2 wires on the naza ???
Vista pads top to bottom
Hi Cooper

Would you mind sharing how you connected your Naza/pmu to the dji airunit, either an image showing pin selection or drawing, many thanks.
2023-2-13
Use props
fansb67e0be5
New

India

cootertwo Posted at 2022-11-12 10:09
OK. Wired it all up, Vista S-Bus and it's ground to signal and ground pin of Naza X2 . Powered Vista directly from 4s pack, powered Naza with PMU on X3 port. Linked DJI transmitter, goggles, Air unit. Connects to Naza Lite assistant, and all controls AND switches are working. Just needs a little calibration, but it works fine! Thanks for the help LV_Forestry

Hii , can you please share some pictures or diagram of your connections
3-24 00:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules