Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
REQUEST: D-Cinelike in Quickshots, Please!!!
2792 25 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronieHiker509
lvl.1
Flight distance : 974085 ft
United States

DJI, can we PLEASE get the D-cinelike option for Quickshots soon!????
I cannot fathom why this isn't an option!!! It has to be just a simple firmware update. Drone's that are years older were able to do this and I can't overstate how dissapointed I am finding out that this simple option isn't available. I got the Mini 3 pro for the size/portability and the new remote to replace my old Air 2. I did a ton of research and never found this mentioned by any of the reviews. I mainly shoot solo shots hiking and use quickshots about 50% of the time so that I can go hands free and focus on not falling off a cliff. Now the footage I get from the quickshots in the "Normal" color profile are almost impossible to color grade to match to my other shots.

PLEASE DJI! If you did that, and also added cruise control, this drone would be perfect for me and many, many others!

2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, DronieHiker509. Thank you for reaching out and settling this request. This is well-noted and we will forward it to our developers. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.
2022-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be nice yes!
2022-11-6
Use props
CPS
lvl.1
Italy

+1 Please!
2022-11-7
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

+1!
Completely agree. I use Quickshots a lot as well, and I was disappointed that this feature only records in a normal color profile. There's no excuse why a "Pro" drone didn't already include this, because as the original poster said, it's a simple firmware update. DJI, please give us a D-Cinelike option for Quickshots.
2022-11-7
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

+1

Still hoping for D-Cinelike to be available in Mastershots so I can actually use that feature.
2022-11-9
Use props
a.y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74180 ft
Georgia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 19:16
Hello there, DronieHiker509. Thank you for reaching out and settling this request. This is well-noted and we will forward it to our developers. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.

So? That "we will forward it to our developers" i've heard about d-cinelike in quickshots for the first time about 6 months ago. What are developers saying? Or as usual it needs even more time than half a year for dji developers to answer.
2022-12-11
Use props
PerlanSwed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Thailand

+1
Yes please and thanks in advance.
2022-12-11
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

a.y Posted at 12-11 17:28
So? That "we will forward it to our developers" i've heard about d-cinelike in quickshots for the first time about 6 months ago. What are developers saying? Or as usual it needs even more time than half a year for dji developers to answer.

Exactly. Can we please receive an update on this request?
2022-12-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhantomX Posted at 12-12 16:56
Exactly. Can we please receive an update on this request?

That i am afraid will not happen, this is one of the things i do not like about DJI, no road map to suggested features, heck, just a yes or no would be great, just so that we are not left hanging for many, many months, or a year for example with the Mavic 3 and waypoints...

All the forum staff can tell you is that they have forwarded the request, I really doubt that they will not know anything until very near the time of release so that they can read up on said feature so to be able to help us on it, even that might be a push. Even so, they still wouldn't let on until the feature is released.

To me, it makes no sense, but by letting their customers know what is planned or what is been rejected would stop stringing us along. just my opinion is all...
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

a.y Posted at 12-11 17:28

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. When we forward the request to the engineers, they will have to review the request and consider many aspects to confirm if the feature will be added. Customer feedback is important and what we can do is to keep collecting the customers' feedback and let the engineers know. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-13
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1
Yes please and thanks in advance also.
2022-12-13
Use props
a.y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74180 ft
Georgia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 02:43
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. When we forward the request to the engineers, they will have to review the request and consider many aspects to confirm if the feature will be added. Customer feedback is important and what we can do is to keep collecting the customers' feedback and let the engineers know. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued support.

Again: for example, this thread is dated June 2022 (exactly the same question), contains the similar support answer (waiting for status report from the developers) and does not contain the devs answer itself. Is it possible to clarify how much time does it normally take to get the response? (not to implement the feature but just to get the F. response!) Half a year is enough? More?
2022-12-13
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74911 ft
Denmark

+1 from me as well.
2022-12-13
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280994 ft
Venezuela

+1 Please!
2022-12-14
Use props
BenRio
New

United States

+ 1000 for me !

I use both QuickShots (normal color profile), and D-Cinelike video footages which I colorize with LUTs. First the image quality is definitely not the same between a 8-bit and a 10-bit color, and it is sometime hard to get similar colors between the two, even when using emulated DJI LUTs.

Can someone tell us if this feature request has been taken into consideration by DJI ?  A real MUST HAVE to my opinion.
2023-3-20
Use props
fans3fee7c87
lvl.1

United States

DJI, please add D-Cinelike to Quickshots. The 10 bit color on the Mini 3 Pro is great but there is absolutely no reason to not enable D-Cinelike and 10 bit color for Quickshots.
2023-7-3
Use props
DaWhole9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95052 ft
United States

Just realized that this isn't an option!  I just started doing some of the Quickshots and I thought I did something wrong with my exposure.  I didnt realize that it reverted back to H.264 and standard color profile.  Yes, can we please have this option?!?!?  
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DaWhole9 Posted at 7-4 20:10
Just realized that this isn't an option!  I just started doing some of the Quickshots and I thought I did something wrong with my exposure.  I didnt realize that it reverted back to H.264 and standard color profile.  Yes, can we please have this option?!?!?

Hi there. This request was already sent to our developers. Rest assured this feature is already being considered. Hopefully it will be available soon. Please check the dji.com for news to keep you posted. Thank you for the support.
2023-7-10
Use props
_Flo_
New
Flight distance : 12503 ft
Germany

+ 1 Please add this feature
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_HfoQOwHjbAm3
New
Germany

Hi DJI, are there any news on this topic? I've purchased my M3P two weeks ago and ran directly into these issues on the second day which is really disappointing.
It is nowhere mentioned on the website of DJI that D-Cinelike is not supported with Master- and Quickshots.  :-(

Does the newly released Air 3 support Master- and Quickshots in D-Log?
Thanks!
2023-8-23
Use props
CPS
lvl.1
Italy

+ 1 Please add this feature
2023-8-23
Use props
djiuser_xBSrNyZWUl5t
lvl.1
France

Photographer here.

Really need d-cinelike in Quick shots.

Moreover need 60fps during tracking. It stops at 30fps. Why?

Of course i can try to manually drive the drone same way as a quickshot or tracking but wont be as smooth + i have to concentrate on shot not on driving....

More than one year this post exists still not implemented.....
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_dWCfXxEEdTIK
lvl.1

Hungary

+100000 for D-cinelike in Mastershots and Quickshots! And also please make available 25fps, half of the world uses that, and only 30fps is available in Quickshots and Mastershotst!!! It's really upsetting, because no specification mentioned this limitation. Pls fix these!
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xBSrNyZWUl5t Posted at 9-2 22:14
Photographer here.

Really need d-cinelike in Quick shots.

Hello there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Though this request has been forwarded to our designated team, we can't assume that it's already going to get approved. It needs to undergo evaluation first and it will be announced officially once approved. I will keep forwarding your requests to our team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_dWCfXxEEdTIK Posted at 9-4 15:01
+100000 for D-cinelike in Mastershots and Quickshots! And also please make available 25fps, half of the world uses that, and only 30fps is available in Quickshots and Mastershotst!!! It's really upsetting, because no specification mentioned this limitation. Pls fix these!

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules