Unlocked Authorisation geo zone
838 9 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dou6ie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8984337 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, looking for info on what happened on a flight in a authorisation zone with my mini 3 pro.
I unlocked a authorisation geo zone so I could fly around my local football stadium when empty.
I have attached a photo of the blue circle showing the unlocked authorisation zone I applied for and accepted around the football stadium.
I then imported the authorisation onto my mini 3 pro.
Once I completed my flight as I was flying back to the home point that I've highlighted in red the drone stopped and I was unable to fly forward to where it took off.
The only way I Could get the drone to land was to fly sideways further away in order to land.
On looking at the map I noticed that the home point was next to another authorisation area.
I'm thinking that the atc authorisation zone was what was stopping me fly back to the home point.
If this is correct should I have selected the two authorisation zones to unlock?

Authorisation zone

Authorisation zone
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We strongly recommend contacting our team at flysafe@dji.com for them to provide you with further information to isolate this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-6
Use props
Dou6ie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 20:36
HI there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We strongly recommend contacting our team at  for them to provide you with further information to isolate this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Good afternoon DJI Paladin, thanks for your reply and I have now sent the question to flysafe.
2022-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Yes, you should have unlocked both zones. You can fly out of an unlocked zone but not back in.
2022-11-7
Use props
Dou6ie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-7 09:48
Yes, you should have unlocked both zones. You can fly out of an unlocked zone but not back in.

Hi Mobilehomer, just got a reply back from flysafe and as you say I should have unlocked both authorisation zones.
That also makes sense that my home point was probably in the zone not unlocked which let me take off but as you say I was unable to return to the home point as I was in a locked zone.

Could you answer the following  scenarios please?

If I have unlocked the circle of an authorised zone and my home point is outside the circle can I fly in but will not be able to fly back to my home point which was outside the unlocked circle zone?

If my home point is in the unlocked circle zone and I fly out will I be able to fly back to my home point in the unlocked circle zone?

Thanks in advance

2022-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Dou6ie Posted at 11-7 11:16
Hi Mobilehomer, just got a reply back from flysafe and as you say I should have unlocked both authorisation zones.
That also makes sense that my home point was probably in the zone not unlocked which let me take off but as you say I was unable to return to the home point as I was in a locked zone.

If it's unlocked, it's unlocked for whatever time frame you requested.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dou6ie Posted at 11-7 11:16

Hi, Dou6ie. For clarification, you can fly into the circle-unlocked zone, but not out of it. So if your take-off point is outside the circle, you will not be able to fly back to the same location. For the second question, you should be able to fly back to your home point as long as it's inside the unlocked zone. Hope this helps! Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
Dou6ie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 23:05
Hi, Dou6ie. For clarification, you can fly into the circle-unlocked zone, but not out of it. So if your take-off point is outside the circle, you will not be able to fly back to the same location. For the second question, you should be able to fly back to your home point as long as it's inside the unlocked zone. Hope this helps! Thank you for your continued support.

Thanks Dji Tony for your reply and this is what I was looking for as I was just not 100% sure how the geo zones worked .
Dou6ie
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dou6ie Posted at 11-7 23:26
Thanks Dji Tony for your reply and this is what I was looking for as I was just not 100% sure how the geo zones worked .
Dou6ie

You're very welcome, Dou6ie. Please do not hesitate to post here at DJI Forum if you need further assistance. Thank you and have a nice day!
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dou6ie Posted at 11-7 09:10
Good afternoon DJI Paladin, thanks for your reply and I have now sent the question to flysafe.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules