Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ND filters "wide-angle lens attached. Unable to shoot in Pano"
3735 14 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7789a97f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359879 ft
United States

Earlier today I shot just fine changing Skyreat ND filters on my DJI Mini 3 Pro. When I switched from 64 to 128 I started getting the text at the top left saying "wide-angle lens detected". I switched it back to 64 and it didn't trouble me.

I came back during sunset to shoot and now none of the filters will work. They all trigger "wide-angle lens detected" in the top left in white and if I click on panorama I get the error

"wide-angle lens attached. Unable to shoot in Pano"

I'm doing the 180 degree rule and need ND filters to get that 1/60 shutter speed.

Some other forum posts said they were getting some issues after a firmware update but not with my specific issue.

I just tested the ND filters again before making this post. Made sure they were snug and everything. No dice...

These are not wide angle lenses. They are ND filters. And the weight of the varying ND strength doesn't appear to be the issue since even the ND8 stopped working.

Help please DJI. I'm supposed to do professional work daily all month.
2022-11-6
Use props
stevencasteel
lvl.1
United States

I tried multiple times re-calibrating the gimble. When I put on the stock lens, it was fine.
2022-11-6
Use props
PAROINA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

Are you completely powering the drone down before switching the filters and/or lens? The gimbal has to calibrate each time you change the attachment. The drone does a weight measurement at startup so it can properly function.
2022-11-6
Use props
stevencasteel
lvl.1
United States

PAROINA Posted at 11-6 15:52
Are you completely powering the drone down before switching the filters and/or lens? The gimbal has to calibrate each time you change the attachment. The drone does a weight measurement at startup so it can properly function.

App Version 1.8.0 - RC Controller
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0400
RC Firmware: 01.02.0100

Thank you PAROINA, your suggestion worked. But not the first time.

• Turned it on with ND 128 already on it after reading your comment. Didn't work.
  • Turned off and on again. Worked with 128
  • Didn't turn off, switched to 64, didn't work.
  • Turned off and on with 64. Worked.
  • Gently switched to 8 while on. Worked.
  • Gently switched to 128 while on. Didn't work.

Would be nice if the software wasn't so finicky about this or let us override the error. Pretty annoying to have to wait a minute each time to turn off and on then wait for the GPS signals to connect.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, fans7789a97f. Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. We are pleased to know that the suggestions shared by PAROINA worked. Please note that since you are using third-party ND filters, we cannot guarantee the result. If possible, we recommend that you use the official DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
itzeig
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 20:21
Hi, fans7789a97f. Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. We are pleased to know that the suggestions shared by PAROINA worked. Please note that since you are using third-party ND filters, we cannot guarantee the result. If possible, we recommend that you use the official DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

nothing (safe) will work. A faulty detection mechanism during engine start-up is to blame. DJI wants you to apply the filters while the motors are already on. I think dji just wants you to cut your hands on the rotors.
2022-11-6
Use props
PAROINA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I have found that any combination of attachments to the front of the camera over 1.75 grams is the magical number to kick in the 'Wide Angle Lens Attached' message. I have many filters and the DJI Wide Angle Lens. Using a jewelry scale, here are the weights for the curious minded:

DJI Original Lens Cap - .72 grams 720 milligrams
DJI Wide Angle - 2.3 grams 2300 milligrams
DJI ND 16 - .65 grams 650 milligrams
DJI ND 64 - .67 grams 670 milligrams
DJI ND 256 - .67 grams 670 milligrams
Skyreat ND/PL 8 - 1.23 grams 1230 milligrams
Skyreat ND/PL 16 - 1.22 grams 1220 milligrams
Skyreat ND/PL 32 - 1.21 grams  1210 milligrams
Freewell Graduated ND .9 - .95 grams 950 milligrams
Freewell Graduated ND 1.2 - .95 grams 950 milligrams
2022-11-8
Use props
fans65aaeb09
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with ND filters from JSR ( claimed to weight 1.6 g)
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_NA5wPlyVesxq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178366 ft
Belgium

Me to it is very annoying, even if I switch them when powered off it does nothing. Also the footage I shot with the ND4 wasn’t even close to sharp. Does this have to do anything with this?
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_NA5wPlyVesxq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178366 ft
Belgium

Me to it is very annoying, even if I switch them when powered off it does nothing. Also the footage I shot with the ND4 wasn’t even close to sharp. Does this have to do anything with this?
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_EkywUiLIWhvD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 425863 ft
Austria

I also have the issue with the Mini 3 Pro where the wide-angle camera is detected even though I don't have one attached. In my case, it's always displayed, even when I don't have an ND or CPL filter on it. Even the standard DJI Original Lens Cap triggers this notification. Only when I remove the lens cap, the message disappears and it works normally.

I have the latest firmware installed on both the Mini 3 Pro and the RC remote control, and calibrating the gimbal doesn't make any difference. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if there are any potential solutions. Is there a possibility that a new update will be released soon to address this issue, if it's a software-related problem?
2023-7-28
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88045 ft
Israel

hello pilots, some time ago I already raised this issue https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293110 but nothing has changed, what I just didn’t do ... and turned the drone on and off and filmed filter and put it back - it still gives out "wide-angle filter installed" and as a result it is not possible to use some functions that are important to me. I'm sorry and I'm very unhappy with this
2023-7-28
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88045 ft
Israel

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-6 20:21

No, unfortunately it doesn't work for me...
2023-7-28
Use props
AK_90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3152241 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nvm
2023-8-30
Use props
djiuser_EXP5WpCzetnL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198757 ft
Australia

I have the same problem. Is anything being done to rectify this?
1-26 23:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules