Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2859921 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

Hello

i have my mavic 3 cine doing auto focus by it self  while im flying  and if get closer to a subject or while moving the drone it will do the auto focus and this lead the cam to do same like our phones when we adjust the focus  PLEASE CHECK THE LINK

2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, fanse7cef96d. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers together with the video of the flight. We will update you as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

It is probably because there isn’t much variety of colors and objects. Does this issue happen anywhere else?
2022-11-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You've got the drone set to autofocus, so it will hunt for items to focus on when there isn't much contrast.

Press the autofocus button to the left of the record button and leave it in manual focus, once you're happy it's correctly focused.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 21:35
Hi, fanse7cef96d. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. We have forwarded your concern to our engineers together with the video of the flight. We will update you as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi, fanse7cef96d. According to our engineers, the Autofocus will be triggered automatically when the object distance in the scene changes, or if the camera determines that it is out of focus. This is normal because a scene change will result in Autofocus to ensure clarity. As CloudVisual mentioned in the comment above, you may try Manual Focus mode if this is not ideal for you. If the same behavior happens while in Manual Focus mode, please let us know. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

wa.jesse07 Posted at 11-6 22:25
It is probably because there isn’t much variety of colors and objects. Does this issue happen anywhere else?

yeah i tried it at home when i got back doing the same
2022-11-7
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

CloudVisual Posted at 11-7 03:03
You've got the drone set to autofocus, so it will hunt for items to focus on when there isn't much contrast.

Press the autofocus button to the left of the record button and leave it in manual focus, once you're happy it's correctly focused.

this is what i did when I couldn't keep shooting
but i don't remember i faced such a thing with any drone from Dji i used b4 .  and when i reached home i tried only moving the cam when the drone on the ground it kept on doing the auto focus when i  tilt up or down
2022-11-7
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 21:35

thanks ....waiting
2022-11-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse7cef96d Posted at 11-7 04:20
this is what i did when I couldn't keep shooting
but i don't remember i faced such a thing with any drone from Dji i used b4 .  and when i reached home i tried only moving the cam when the drone on the ground it kept on doing the auto focus when i  tilt up or down

I can assure you that this isn't a bug or an issue, the camera is set to auto focus and it's doing the job it is supposed to. I've flown every single DJI drone out there, they will hunt for a focus if they think it's out.

If you're filming in a desert, the camera is having a hard time working out if the focus is correct because there's nothing for it to compare for focus checking.

You really shouldn't shoot with autofocus on if you fly drones in a professional capacity. Set the focus via auto mode and then switch to manual to stop it from changing.
2022-11-7
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

CloudVisual Posted at 11-7 05:01
I can assure you that this isn't a bug or an issue, the camera is set to auto focus and it's doing the job it is supposed to. I've flown every single DJI drone out there, they will hunt for a focus if they think it's out.

If you're filming in a desert, the camera is having a hard time working out if the focus is correct because there's nothing for it to compare for focus checking.

thanks a lot , i will do a test in the city and check
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We have received feedback and please refer to post #6 to read the details. Thank you for your continued support!
2022-11-7
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

I can confirm there is a big issue with autofocus with the last update.

i shoot drone footage for french TV shows and since i updated i noticed immediately that the autofocus is now wrong, it focus again during shots when it is not necessary and it ruin the shot as it is very visible. Please set back the autofocus settings as it was on the previous update, it is almost unusable when shooting near objects/people
2022-11-8
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

Fabriziooo Posted at 11-8 02:50
I can confirm there is a big issue with autofocus with the last update.

i shoot drone footage for french TV shows and since i updated i noticed immediately that the autofocus is now wrong, it focus again during shots when it is not necessary and it ruin the shot as it is very visible. Please set back the autofocus settings as it was on the previous update, it is almost unusable when shooting near objects/people

i hope the rest tries their drone after the update coz I'm sure there is a problem ... this is not my first time to shoot in the desert and this is the first time happens with me. coz the auto focus problem was also with doing orbit and that when the distance btw the drone and subject fixed
2022-11-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fanse7cef96d Posted at 11-8 04:30
i hope the rest tries their drone after the update coz I'm sure there is a problem ... this is not my first time to shoot in the desert and this is the first time happens with me. coz the auto focus problem was also with doing orbit and that when the distance btw the drone and subject fixed

Agreed, must be something wrong with the camera if it's struggling to focus on the car(s). It's not a plain dessert with little or no contrast.
2022-11-8
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Like i explained, even when shooting at a continous distance from the subject, the drone focus again during the shot every 10 sec or even less, and it is totally visible in the shot... i don't know why a change has been applied to this as it was working very well, maybe it's a bug but it needs to be fixed !
2022-11-9
Use props
pbrowntv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

I definitely experienced over-active autofocus last night on my first flight since updating the firmware. I'd prefer a setting where AF locks but doesn't change when video is recording. It's up to the pilot/photog to decide where the focus should lock ahead of making a shot. I eventually switched to MF, but had a few shots unexpectedly ruined by AF changing before I figured out what was going on. Never seen that before this firmware.
2022-11-14
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

pbrowntv Posted at 11-14 15:44
I definitely experienced over-active autofocus last night on my first flight since updating the firmware. I'd prefer a setting where AF locks but doesn't change when video is recording. It's up to the pilot/photog to decide where the focus should lock ahead of making a shot. I eventually switched to MF, but had a few shots unexpectedly ruined by AF changing before I figured out what was going on. Never seen that before this firmware.

same here ... but it seems noth every body have the same issue ...never had it b4 but after the update it starts to happen
2022-11-14
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 03:18
Hi, fanse7cef96d. According to our engineers, the Autofocus will be triggered automatically when the object distance in the scene changes, or if the camera determines that it is out of focus. This is normal because a scene change will result in Autofocus to ensure clarity. As CloudVisual mentioned in the comment above, you may try Manual Focus mode if this is not ideal for you. If the same behavior happens while in Manual Focus mode, please let us know. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

pleae check this video still have the same problem

2022-11-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse7cef96d Posted at 11-26 23:43

Do. Not. Use. Autofocus. Whilst. Filming.

You are causing your own issues here. Simply set your focus before filming and then set it to manual.

I'm amazed that you've got yourself a gig like the World Cup and you're shooting in autofocus mode. I'm sure you need to prove your worth to get accreditation there and anyone who knows anything about filmmaking will film in manual focus.

Please next post a video about how annoyed you are that auto video mode keeps changing the exposure.
2022-11-27
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I have to agree with the other posts and suggest that because of the distance to the subjects (the truck in the first video and the genie/crowd in the second) you might have to switch to manual focus when the subject is that close. I do agree with you that the autofocus is a bit too "twitchy" and is being way too sensitive in normal operation. Both of those videos were using conditions not ideal for autofocus which requires good light and contrast to operate reliably. If the latest firmware did change something in the autofocus "logic" that would explain the differences you are experiencing but I feel that in those particular conditions the autofocus will always struggle
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse7cef96d Posted at 11-26 23:43

Hi there. Thanks for the update. To further address your concern, we sent you a PM to gather some necessary details needed for the re-evaluation. Kindly respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-27
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

CloudVisual Posted at 11-27 02:54
Do. Not. Use. Autofocus. Whilst. Filming.

You are causing your own issues here. Simply set your focus before filming and then set it to manual.

Well... how do you film a scene with a far landscape, and suddenly a person who appears in the foreground during the shot  in that case without autofocus ?

The issue is not using it, it was perfect before last update and it was hard to notice it on the rush. Now, it is broken as it try to focus even when it is not necessary, i can confirm you as i shoot with this drone every week for french TV, last update broke the autofocus.
2022-11-28
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fabriziooo Posted at 11-28 02:55
Well... how do you film a scene with a far landscape, and suddenly a person who appears in the foreground during the shot  in that case without autofocus ?

The issue is not using it, it was perfect before last update and it was hard to notice it on the rush. Now, it is broken as it try to focus even when it is not necessary, i can confirm you as i shoot with this drone every week for french TV, last update broke the autofocus.

Unless someone is stood 2m in front of the drone, then infinity focus with a fairly closed aperture will probably have everything in focus.

If you've got that kind of shot to do and need to change focus, it should be done on the manual controls to avoid the autofocus back and forth hunt. Also, if it's a seriously important shoot, you'd use a focus wheel, but the M3 doesn't have this ability to connect one.
2022-11-28
Use props
fanse7cef96d
lvl.3
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 22:08
Hi there. Thanks for the update. To further address your concern, we sent you a PM to gather some necessary details needed for the re-evaluation. Kindly respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your continued support.

please check this link for the log
2022-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse7cef96d Posted at 11-29 01:18
please check this link for the log

Thanks for taking the time to send the logs. It has been received, and we will have it forwarded. We will write back as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-11-29
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

Fabriziooo Posted at 2022-11-28 02:55

The issue is not using it, it was perfect before last update and it was hard to notice it on the rush. Now, it is broken as it try to focus even when it is not necessary, i can confirm you as i shoot with this drone every week for french TV, last update broke the autofocus.

Agreed. Something significant changed in the autofocus behavior with that last major update. I used autofocus since day one with the M3 Cine and it was flawless. Just tap to focus and it stayed that way regardless of shot composition and foreground objects. I updated to the latest firmware and now this is no longer the case. I realize that switching into manual focus may fix this problem but it was not a problem to begin with before that last update.
2023-5-25
Use props
cumhur buumlyuumlktaş
New
Flight distance : 3088973 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Fabriziooo Posted at 2022-11-28 02:55

Size katılıyorum bende aynı sorunu yaşıyorum
Bende mavic 3 cine ve mavic 3 cine pro var
Mavic 3 cine pro Güncellemeden ötürü 3x zoom ile çekim yaptığımda görüntüler hiç net değil flu
Bu sebepten ötürü x3 zoom kullanamıyorum
Güncelleme yaptığım için çok pişmanım
1-31 14:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules