990 6 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I launched in a city with permission fly up and away about 50m took the photo and it would not fly back, I checked and there isn’t any restrictions ie flight path and I’ve flown her before without any issues.  I had to fly it away from me the only direction it would go and land it 700m away in a park and run to get it.  
2022-11-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your recorded flight data might help solve your mystery incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file

2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, AIRWORKS. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Can you confirm if you unlocked a circle-unlocking zone? If yes, please be reminded that the drone can fly into the circle, but not out of the circle. Possibly, your takeoff point was outside the circle that's why it was not able to fly back to you. If this is not the case, it would be best to contact our FlySafe team for more information about the unlocked area. You may email them at flysafe@dji.com. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flying into the sun if it was low enough in the sky could have upset the sensors thinking there's an object, easiest way around that is to put it in sports mode as that turns off the OA.

But as said above, your flightlog will tell us what happened, follow the info Labroides provided and he will take it from there
2022-11-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you use the RTH button as this does not work if you are too close to the take of point.

Always fry to fly back not use RTH
2022-11-7
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 03:08
Hi there, AIRWORKS. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Can you confirm if you unlocked a circle-unlocking zone? If yes, please be reminded that the drone can fly into the circle, but not out of the circle. Possibly, your takeoff point was outside the circle that's why it was not able to fly back to you. If this is not the case, it would be best to contact our FlySafe team for more information about the unlocked area. You may email them at . Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi Dji Tony, Thank you for letting me know, Yes i was using a unlock area and your right i did take off outside this after moving to a different location, I didn't realise this created a boundary and that makes sense as i was able to fly back to where the circle was.  
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AIRWORKS. Posted at 11-7 13:20
Hi Dji Tony, Thank you for letting me know, Yes i was using a unlock area and your right i did take off outside this after moving to a different location, I didn't realise this created a boundary and that makes sense as i was able to fly back to where the circle was.

Good day, AIRWORKS. Thank you for the confirmation and we're glad that this has been sorted out. In case you need further assistance, do not hesitate to post here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules