10963 28 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMcDaid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3090846 ft
United States

Hey guys,

I've been digging in the Googles for this but can't find anything explaining why I'm occasionally and randomly getting a "Remote ID Error" message in the upper left corner of my DJI RC controller while in flight. My FW is the latest (V01.00.0400), and everything else is working perfectly. I never got this message prior to V01.00.0400.

Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks!
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not seeing that error message on my Mini 3 Pro.  Weather permitting I'll take a flight later today and be on the look out to see if it comes up.  
2022-11-7
Use props
Newsdude
lvl.1
United States

Anybody know what this is yet? It didn't happen for me in air. As I was starting up today and getting ready for a flight I got the "Remote ID error" warning. It went away, so I'm guessing its akin to the GPS warning it gives when there aren't enough satellites locked in. But it'd certainly be more useful if the controller told me something less frightening -- maybe "Remote ID in progress" or "Remote ID warning" if what's in fact happening is that it's still launching that system. "Remote ID Error" sounds a lot more ominous.
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Yes I have this too. Weird. Interested to know as well.
2022-11-10
Use props
SMcDaid
lvl.3
United States

Newsdude, that is exactly how I feel. That "Remote ID Error" sounds a bit ominous, and the first time it happened, I was above a river, so I was stressing it was going to somehow put me in the drink! They obviously programmed the error message into the new firmware, so there has to be a reason and an explanation. My guess is that because it doesn't interrupt anything, it is an early glitch from the first version of the Remote ID code and doesn't mean much. But I see it pretty much every time I fly.
2022-11-10
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

I received the Remote ID Error on my Mavic 3 prior to taking off, and now I'm unable to fly my drone at all. Already missed one job because of it, and I have one tomorrow and things aren't looking good.Edited to clarify it's a Mavic 3.
2022-11-16
Use props
SMcDaid
lvl.3
United States

fansf2e52ec4 Posted at 11-16 20:45
I received the Remote ID Error prior to taking off, and now I'm unable to fly my drone at all. Already missed one job [view_image]because of it, and I have one tomorrow and things aren't looking good.

Wow, that's not cool at all! Remote ID isn't even going to be enforced until September, 2023! DJI needs to explain and rectify this now! You are the first I've seen with the error including disabling the drone but it makes sense that that could be the result. It is clearly malfunctioning on all our our drones who are getting the error but disabling your drone is totally unacceptable, especially because you use it to make a living!
2022-11-16
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

Thank you SMcDaid. It's very frustrating. I deleted some language lamenting DJI as the issue appears to have been with my tablet settings (which is odd since I didn't change any settings after having successfully flown the drone with it recently. More details below).

EDIT:  after the responses by DJI staff below telling me to enable the GPS on the device, I searched for how to enable GPS on my Android Tablet, and to my surprise found that location services (and therefore GPS) were not enabled. I had not made any changes to the tablet's settings. However, I installed a required tablet update prior to installing the DJI firmware. Perhaps it was this update that disabled the location services. The Remote ID error led me to think it was an issue with the update itself. I will report back if I have any further issues, but at the moment it looks like the issue has been resolved.

2022-11-16
Use props
SMcDaid
lvl.3
United States

Great to hear you solved it because I was sure I was going to experience the same thing!

The question now is, why is DJI not responding to this thread to explain what the "Remote ID Error" means?
2022-11-17
Use props
djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just had the same remote ID error on my air 2S. The fix is the same, turn location services on your phone or tablet on. Silly me for thinking that this would have been accomplished from any of the 17+ satellites to which it was connected. Anyway, simple fix and superb drone.
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X Posted at 11-21 16:33
I just had the same remote ID error on my air 2S. The fix is the same, turn location services on your phone or tablet on. Silly me for thinking that this would have been accomplished from any of the 17+ satellites to which it was connected. Anyway, simple fix and superb drone.
I take the snark back. Remote ID applies in part to the controller not just the drone so for it to work, the phone/tablet needs to have location services on so the location of the controller can be determined.
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X Posted at 11-21 16:58
I take the snark back. Remote ID applies to the controller not the drone so for it to work, the phone/tablet needs to have location services on so the location of the controller can be determined.

That said, instead of showing a vague error message, why not display the message “turn on location services/GPS” when the controller detects this problem?
2022-11-21
Use props
Walt Air 2s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277037 ft
United States

djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X Posted at 11-21 17:09
That said, instead of showing a vague error message, why not display the message “turn on location services/GPS” when the controller detects this problem?

Update your dji fly app the latest dji firmware update didn't tell us to do that so the new stuff is trying to connect with the old stuff if you have a problem go on you tube they are quicker than the forum sometimes
2022-11-22
Use props
Walt Air 2s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277037 ft
United States

fansf2e52ec4 Posted at 11-16 20:45
I received the Remote ID Error on my Mavic 3 prior to taking off, and now I'm unable to fly my drone at all. Already missed one job [view_image]because of it, and I have one tomorrow and things aren't looking good.Edited to clarify it's a Mavic 3.

update fly app
2022-11-22
Use props
SMcDaid
lvl.3
United States

The solution those of you are pointing at, updating the fly app or turning on GPS or location services, doesn't apply to me because I'm using the DJI RC, not a phone. DJI could simply log in here and clarify this issue. I have it almost every time I fly, and it is more than annoying; it causes stress because I have no idea if it is going to disable the drone. Is anyone else getting the "Remote ID Error" message on their DJI RC?
2022-12-6
Use props
fans22fbde7c
New
Flight distance : 997 ft
United States

SMcDaid Posted at 12-6 20:35
The solution those of you are pointing at, updating the fly app or turning on GPS or location services, doesn't apply to me because I'm using the DJI RC, not a phone. DJI could simply log in here and clarify this issue. I have it almost every time I fly, and it is more than annoying; it causes stress because I have no idea if it is going to disable the drone. Is anyone else getting the "Remote ID Error" message on their DJI RC?

Hi, I am having the same issue with the same drone and controller. I don't know what to do now.
2022-12-18
Use props
MickeyMooMoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2878268 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I'm getting this then after a while the remote disconnects from the drone. This is worrying. DJI should disable this feature until it become mandatory. DJI are actively working with the authorities, airports etc to identify OP ID's and download flight information about your drone.
2022-12-22
Use props
MaineMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701296 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 3 Classic with the RC remote, and I am getting this also.  The controller signal and GPS are both fine, so I hope DJI recognizes and corrects the problem.  We need to focus on safe and smooth flying without alarming distractions like this!
2023-1-7
Use props
Tsmee
New

United States

MaineMan Posted at 1-7 11:21
I have a Mavic 3 Classic with the RC remote, and I am getting this also.  The controller signal and GPS are both fine, so I hope DJI recognizes and corrects the problem.  We need to focus on safe and smooth flying without alarming distractions like this!

I have the same issue with Mavic 3 + DJI RC - random "Remote ID error" messages in the middle of the flight. There was no connection dropping, but it is very worrying and frustrating.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_4N0DMfiKVyeb
lvl.1

United States

Flew my new Mini 3 Pro yesterday with the DJI RC and had the same warning/error over and over during the flight. Hey DJI, how do we fix this? It also told me that I needed to adjust the antenna during flight, not sure how to do this on the new controller that doesn't have any external antennas?
2023-2-3
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_4N0DMfiKVyeb Posted at 2-3 07:48
Flew my new Mini 3 Pro yesterday with the DJI RC and had the same warning/error over and over during the flight. Hey DJI, how do we fix this? It also told me that I needed to adjust the antenna during flight, not sure how to do this on the new controller that doesn't have any external antennas? [view_image]

As a newbie to the Mini 3 Pro myself, could you let me know where you found those detailed error messages?

I have a new Mini 3 Pro and I am now receiving this Remote ID Error message it seems on every flight.  I'm current on all firmware and I'm using the RC controller.  Adding my name to the list.  Thanks.
2023-3-17
Use props
ricardo.cohenymail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2514085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im having the same issues here. Getting remote id error messages during the flight and having the drone disconnect . It’s scary as it’s activating RTH constantly . Any solution ?
iPhone 14 with gps activated all around .
Thanks
2023-5-15
Use props
Racer83L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1431014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also getting this error with the DJI RC and Mini 3 pro.  Im running the standard batteries so 249 grams.   I thought the min didnt need remote id due to its weight.   why is this a thing at all??
2023-5-18
Use props
dalarsen58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1030046 ft
United States

I am using the Goggles 2 and Motion controller 2 with my Mini 3 Pro (just got them), getting the same "Remote ID" error on the screen. Was unable to take off. I had to plug my phone with the Fly app to take off and fly, but then error shows up again later in flight (phone goes to stand by - lock screen mode perhaps?)   Very annoying. I would think that the GPS on the drone is sufficient for the upcoming regulations.
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_XdWGK505MFd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44295 ft
United States

I have been flying all day and have encountered this issue several times and the smart controller separates from the drone and no connection when is says “remote ID error”. In all cases it did seem to reconnect but I thought I was going to lose the drone. I am fortunate to have bought the coverage for this expensive drone. I had the same issue  it on a shoot as well yesterday. This is a huge problem for us who depend on a drone for our job and I am sure drones will be getting lost.
2023-6-10
Use props
djiuser_wTubdnav7zX5
lvl.1

United States

SMcDaid Posted at 2022-11-10 19:05
Newsdude, that is exactly how I feel. That "Remote ID Error" sounds a bit ominous, and the first time it happened, I was above a river, so I was stressing it was going to somehow put me in the drink! They obviously programmed the error message into the new firmware, so there has to be a reason and an explanation. My guess is that because it doesn't interrupt anything, it is an early glitch from the first version of the Remote ID code and doesn't mean much. But I see it pretty much every time I fly.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_wTubdnav7zX5
lvl.1

United States

Hi have a mini 3 pro and I first takeoff it says remote id error and when it takeoff it says remote id normal
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wTubdnav7zX5 Posted at 11-5 07:38
Hi have a mini 3 pro and I first takeoff it says remote id error and when it takeoff it says remote id normal

Hi there. Please make sure the aircraft firmware version is the latest version. Ensure that the DJI Fly app version has been updated to the latest from the official website https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Also, ensure the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "location permission of the DJI Fly are enabled. Have a nice day.
2023-12-5
Use props
isruniversal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413353 ft
United States

I wonder if DJI coding is not allowing drones to take off in controlled class B/D airspace. Tried the mini 2 in controlled airspace and it wouldn't connect. Tested it out of controlled airspace connected without a problem.
1-1 16:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules