Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello

I have just ordered a set of Carbon propellers T-motor 14 X 4.8 and a set of Quik adaptor for the Inspire 1 and T - motor propellers

The adaptors are this ones :
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/index.php

I just bought the adaptors as I would not have the propellers they offer. I ordered the original T-motor propellers from another shop

When I have got them and tried them I will tell you what I think

2015-8-13
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

what do you want to put it on?!  its impossible to put it on the inspire
2015-8-13
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-13 16:42
what do you want to put it on?!  its impossible to put it on the inspire

OOPS

Then you know something I don't

Skjermbilde 2015-08-13 kl. 13.09.22.png t

2015-8-13
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-13 19:07
OOPS

seriously, props will touch one another as well as hit the arms
2015-8-13
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-13 19:07
OOPS

or its not 14 inch
2015-8-13
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Its the 14 X 4.8 T - motor propeller - that is recommended for Inspire 1
Here is the adapter instalation

2015-8-13
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.3

Spain

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-13 19:18
Here is the adapter instal ...

My concern would be that the quick release locking mechanism may have the qualities as the original problems encountered with the original Inspire in that during flight and either coming to an abrupt halt or encountering differing wind conditions propeller may unscrew itself...
2015-8-13
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-13 19:42
My concern would be that the quick release locking mechanism may have the qualities as the origina ...

Hello

I have not seen those myself yet - and therefore I can not comment so much, but if you look closely to the video it seems that there is a glitch where you align the two adapter parts before you screw. If so it should not be easy to unscrew them during flight. But I can see your consern
2015-8-13
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

I will also tell about an adaptor released today - Lynh Phan has developed it so it should be quality.
It was released after I ordered mine so I will have to check mine before I eventually buy one from Lynh.
Do not know the price on Lynh Phan adapters - but some say they cost 200 dollar for a set - that is pricy if true.

Link to this adapters :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DJIInspire1Owners/
2015-8-13
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-13 19:18
Here is the adapter instal ...

ok, just shoot a video when it arrives, i'd like to see inspire flying with 14 inch props
2015-8-13
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Gee, I don't know, the quick release system looks a little sketchy!  Would like to see a video of them working though!
2015-8-13
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-14 09:58
ok, just shoot a video when it arrives, i'd like to see inspire flying with 14 inch props

You will see it if the adapters are good - the size of the propellers are not a problem. This is from a well known Pilote :
the 13-inch T-Motor CF props for speed, agility, performance or just flying for fun. The 14 inch T-Motor CF props for aerial photography and cinematography.
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Alastair Posted at 2015-8-14 11:21
Gee, I don't know, the quick release system looks a little sketchy!  Would like to see a video of th ...

Yes we will see when they arrive - I will of course not fly them if they do not look good and feels safe
2015-8-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-13 19:42
My concern would be that the quick release locking mechanism may have the qualities as the origina ...

this was never really a real problem with the original props, it was user error.  People just werent tightening them on correctly because the motors spin freely so easy.  You have to hold the motor while you tighten the prop.  Ive been using the original props for over 8 months with no prop locks and zero issues.
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-14 16:18
this was never really a real problem with the original props, it was user error.  People just were ...

You are absolutely right
2015-8-14
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I use those props with lynh v1 adapters. They are great
2015-8-14
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.3

Spain

Err, think it was! Clearly not just a self tightening issue otherwise DJI wouldn't have lowered the original gains and introduced the prop locks. DJI don't spend money unless they absolutely have to......
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-14 16:54
Err, think it was! Clearly not just a self tightening issue otherwise DJI wouldn't have lowered th ...

It was so much talk about it that DJI had to do something. It might have been some errors with some of the propellers - I can not tell. But personally I know people that have 600 flights with self tightening propellers and no prop locks. Myself have just about 50 with those propellers - now I am using the QR system and have had no problems at all.
Well this thread is about adaptors - let us see what they will bring.
Where are you in Spain ?
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

jmboto Posted at 2015-8-14 16:45
I use those props with lynh v1 adapters. They are great

I suppose that is with the old Lynh adapters - he have made new ones now with QR system . If those I have ordered is no good I will buy from him - ( but the price seems to be in the higher end  )
2015-8-14
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Yes. The plates.
2015-8-14
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.3

Spain

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-14 17:09
It was so much talk about it that DJI had to do something. It might have been some errors with some ...

Cantabria, beautiful mountains but will back in Manchester UK in next week, much prefer Spain as an area to fly. Where are you?
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-14 18:46
Cantabria, beautiful mountains but will back in Manchester UK in next week, much prefer Spain as a ...

Hello

Sorry you have to go back
I am living near Malaga ( but I am from Norway )
2015-8-14
Use props
pandppurchase
lvl.3

Spain

Shame we are not nearer in Spain, we could have shared the air!
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

pandppurchase@g Posted at 2015-8-14 22:12
Shame we are not nearer in Spain, we could have shared the air!

Yes we could - but 800 km is a bit - good trip back to UK and happy flying
2015-8-14
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Update on the Adaptors an T-motor propellers
Flied 4 full batteries with the new adapters and T - motor propellers this afternoon. First of all the propellers is easily attached - it only takes a couple of minutes to mount them. As I have two silver and two black adapters it is not possible to get CW and CCW propellers wrong. I have not done any scientific test as I am not able to or not interested in doing that - so this is my subjective feeling of the props/adapters. They are more silent than the original Inspire setup - larger difference than I had expected. They are much more responsive - and was really nice to fly. I would estimate that I got 1 minute more flight time than with original setup with a TB 47 battery. I will continue to use this adapters as I se them high quality and for me safe to use - some have said that " they are unsafe" some have said that any reasonable person would see the design flaw with this. I have been around for a while and to be considered as unreasonable is ok - and I can live with that. I have no interests in this or any other product - I fly for fun and as a hobby - and I do not need to earn any money. So I will just tell about these adaptors so you know there is alternatives.
2015-8-25
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

IS there a link to an actual product page on these? Am pretty interested. The only part on the Inspire 1 that I'm ever concerned about is the QR prop lock. The design and materials are a bit suspect so I've been waiting for some aftermarket parts.
2015-8-25
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-26 10:47
IS there a link to an actual product page on these? Am pretty interested. The only part on the Inspi ...

Just do a search for Infinity Hobby - they are selling it
2015-8-25
Use props
dcooper2025
lvl.1

United States

So, looking at these a bit closer, I have some real concerns for I1 owners.  

1) Unproven all new quick-release design: is it safe? Minimal mounting surface area: center post doesn't even pass through the center prop post hole. The threading plate is also a design I've never seen before with a propeller mount.

2) Inconvenient: A bolted motor plate prevents use of auto-tightening or other props unless unbolted.

3) No Loctite in installation guide or in recommendations - can result in screws coming out in flight. Do they care about their customers?

4)  No T-Motor-provided propeller guides or images I can find show any installation with JUST screws on top of prop. They all show hubs or plates on top of prop to secure it.

5) Quality: They can't spell "motor". (See install guide image below. How good is their quality process? What are the chances they fly every set to check for problems?  Lynh Phan's guys actually flight test EACH set they ship on the Inspire and send youb the video of your adpaters being flight tested.

6) Inferior materials used: They are using 6061 aluminum vs 6066 in Lynh Phan's design:

• 6061: density = 0.0975 lb/in³, fatigue strength = 14000 psi
  • 6066: density = 0.0983 lb/in³, fatigue strength = 16000 psi

6066 aluminum has superior fatigue strength and the ratio of fatigue strength to density is more favorable for 6066 at T6 temper.

7) Customer Service: What kind of customer service will you get? They are based in Taiwan and very little company history or contact information available on their website. With Lynh Phan's adapters there is a dedicated support group with fellow customers and a direct line to the manufacturer and lead engineer.

8) Everything Lynh Phan has described about additional resonance etc from this design. He went through THREE major design iterations in eight months to settle on this current V3 design. The engineering is sound and well thought out. We don't know anything about the history of these adapters above. But they sure look like a first try with an inferior design and inferior materials.

9) Weight: Lynh's Carbon Fiber adapters are 28g, including the 14-inch props, adapter plates and all mounting hardware. These are 33.5g. The extra weight at this critical point attached on the motor shaft will add stress to the motors and slower response.
Buyers beware.  

DISCLOSURE: Opinions expressed here are my own and I don't represent Lynh, I just know about his T-Motor Carbon Fiber prop adapters and mine are on their way.

2015-8-26
Use props
dcooper2025
lvl.1

United States

BTW, here the FAQ on Lynh's CF prop adapters:

Precision Carbon Fiber Prop Attachment Plate FAQ

Inspire Precision CF Hub FAQ v3.pdf

289.78 KB, Down times: 44

Precision CF Hub FAQ

2015-8-26
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

dcooper2025 Posted at 2015-8-27 01:54
So, looking at these a bit closer, I have some real concerns for I1 owners.  

1) Unproven all new q ...

Keep on - and it is ok to be skeptical - so was I .

Now I am not - I do not know how much you and Lynh Pahan have flown this adapters but I have flown them for just 8 flights by now - and I am very satiesfied with them.
I will keep on using them as they for me seems very secure.

I will also tell that I was banned from Inspire Owners Group by Lynh Phan for providing information on this adapters.
2015-8-26
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

My friend Sergio Kapusta produced this video of me flying with the adapters from Infinity Hobby and T-motor propellers.
The adaptors from Infinity Hobby cost me 69 dollar delivered on my door in Spain - Lynh Phan adaptors will cost me 200 dollar pluss shipping pluss tax ( estimate 270 dollar ). And I have never seen those adapters from Lynh Phan and can not comment on them any futher - but pricy - yes.

http://kapustas.com/QR_Adapters_for_Inspire1.mp4
2015-8-26
Use props
dcooper2025
lvl.1

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-27 06:35
Keep on - and it is ok to be skeptical - so was I .

Now I am not - I do not know how much you and  ...

I think the reason you were banned was you were propagating information to Inspire owners that was questionable about SAFETY.  You failed to disclose you had modified the Infinity design with your own after my pointing out that T-Motor doesn't recommend attaching props by screws ONLY and you decided that you would go ahead and add a plate to the top of yours.

That is at best unproven and potentially unsafe and dangerous.  You have no idea what failure that might lead to down the road.  Infinity didn't test that scenario, neither did T-Motor.  

If that homemade design works for you great.  But please be considerate of others who want nothing to do with an unproven/untested prop application and might mistake your report as being "fully tested" .

I assume you aren't going to replace their Inspires and compensate them for damages if your design goes wrong on a future flight?  

DJI themselves issued a dire warning about 3rd party QR hubs that "seemed" to be fine for many users.  It's a dangerous game.   Inspire owners should educate themselves on the history and background of ANY solution that involves replacing factory-supplied props.

2015-8-27
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

dcooper2025 Posted at 2015-8-28 00:44
I think the reason you were banned was you were propagating information to Inspire owners that was ...

You are right I was banned because Lynh Panh think I was propagating what he means is dangerous - that is at least the official reason - but as you know it is possible to think of other reasons - let it be with that. I have no interests in sabotaging Lynh Phans selling of his adapters nor do I have  interests in promoting the cheaper alternative from Infinity Hobby. I have told about this adapters because I thought and think they are good - and so fare they have been good at least for me ( just 16 flights with them ).

It is ok that you think I got the idea from your writing to put the top plate from the T - motor propeller with the adapters - I did not got the idea from you. And yes I do not know exactly what that will bring down the route - I I have never claimed that I do.

When you write you are assuming that I am not going to pay for others eventually accidents with the adapters - are you trying to scare me ? or what is you intention with that sentence ? Do you think I am stupid ? I know that I have the right to tell about what I experience with a product I use on my Inspire.

When you speak about the DJI warning .... and that this is a dangerous game - I totally agree.

I will continue to tell people what I do with my Inspire to get the most out of it - and believe me I will also tell if something goes wrong down the road. Not you and not Lynh Phan can stop me doing that.

Fly safe

2015-8-27
Use props
cheetah2k
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-24
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Lynh Panhs stuff is just rediculous overpriced thats all of course he has to throw out everyone coming up with alternatives.

I also could not find the company which is selling Lynh Panhs stuff. "for now write me an email to order...." whats that? No legal information on the whole product information but over USD 200,- for 4 alloy plates? Whats with warranty? What if for any reason they create an accident? I did not find any shop selling his parts. Is his business even legal?

The 30 USD parts from Infinity hobby are advertised for Inspire - if they break in flight you know whom to sue. What is the safety concerns here? Its just simple!

I have ordered this ones:

http://powerparts-uav.de/produkt ... oder-holzpropellern

for the obviois reason they are explicitely sold for the Inspire 1 and the seller just is in good reach in case of any problems.
2015-9-25
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-26 03:05
Lynh Panhs stuff is just rediculous overpriced thats all of course he has to throw out everyone comi ...

Hello

I have now about 70 flights with my adapters and I am really pleased with them. They are rock solid. i hope you will be happy with yours. do you have to unscrew the screws to get the propellers off ?
2015-9-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-26 00:26
Hello

I have now about 70 flights with my adapters and I am really pleased with them. They are ro ...

Yes - but I hope I can leave them on all time bad weather prevented me from testing this week. Also there are two different motors used for the Inspire. You may notice the ones I bought have 14mm between the holes while the ones sold by Infinity Hobby have 12mm for 4 hole motors. There is no 3rd party QR system for my motors.
2015-9-25
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-26 06:44
Yes - but I hope I can leave them on all time bad weather prevented me from testing this week. Also ...

Hmmm

Thank you for your update

I did not knew it was different motors on the Inspires
2015-9-26
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Update

I have now about 200 flights with this adapters and they have been prefect for me.
BUT
Today I was having a conversation with a user of the adapters and he have had a bad crash due to one propeller loosening when flying.

I know nothing about the story behind this but I think you all should know.

For me I will keep on flying with this adaptors - mine have never been loosening nor does they have any signs of wear.
2015-10-10
Use props
hhackbarth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

cheetah2k Posted at 2015-9-25 06:17
I was banned by Lynh Panh because I was questioning the additional rotational mass of the latest L ...

I had the same experience. You seem to get banned from that "Inspire 1 owners" facebook group after posting positive experience and a link to the infinity-hobby quick release prop adapters. As soon as you post something like that, there will be someone trying to make readers scared about the infinity-hobby adapters calling them unsafe and "garbage" and only short time after you are out of this group without notice. There seem to be a lot of $$$...

If you use the infinity-hobby adapters, you should use the top plate coming with the propellers (e.g. those from T-Motor) and not drill the top screws directly through the carbon props.
2016-4-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules