Haven't used the DJI FPV in so long.. batteries 0%.
2417 14 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't used the DJI FPV in so long.. batteries 0%. I'm recharging them now. I thought it would stay at least 20% like the other batteries?
2022-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happened to me on a Mini battery that had been setting up for about 6 months.  Luckily I was able to bring it out of hibernation after a long, slow charge.  Hopefully, you will be able to get your battery revived.  
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the trouble caused. The DJI FPV battery features self-discharge protection. After being fully charged and left unused for 24 hours, it will automatically discharge to about 97% of its capacity. After it is left unused for over 5 days, it will discharge to about 60% of the capacity to protect the battery (and it may emit heat slightly during the discharge process, which is normal). If a battery has been left unused for a long period, it is possible to be over-discharged. Please keep us updated and let us know the result of the recharging. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-7
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I recently had one, with no lights, but it took a charge OK, and flew OK.
2022-11-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

cootertwo Posted at 11-8 10:05
I recently had one, with no lights, but it took a charge OK, and flew OK.

I have one that is now showing no lights, won't take a charge and throws a red light on the charger. It's not very old and I'm going to contact DJI about a replacement.
2022-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The other batteries showed I think 1 solid and 1 blinking when it turned back on.
2022-11-10
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 01:08
The other batteries showed I think 1 solid and 1 blinking when it turned back on.

You should have thrown them on the charger by now. They hopefully are fine
2022-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 11-10 16:07
You should have thrown them on the charger by now. They hopefully are fine

they seem fine, it gets super boring to fly though
2022-11-11
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-8 11:01
I have one that is now showing no lights, won't take a charge and throws a red light on the charger. It's not very old and I'm going to contact DJI about a replacement.

The smart battery circuit places a small drain on the battery. If the cells go below 3.0V the battery is most likely permanently damaged.

You can not leave DJI smart batteries in storage for over 3 months. You will lose the batteries.

I have a regular schedule to recharge all my DJI batteries every 3 months. This is in accordance with the DJI recommendation on their smart batteries.

2022-11-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-20 22:05
The smart battery circuit places a small drain on the battery. If the cells go below 3.0V the battery is most likely permanently damaged.

You can not leave DJI smart batteries in storage for over 3 months. You will lose the batteries.

Oh I'm well aware how to store batteries. I've got over 40 DJI batteries alone in the fleet. This one was a dud, pure and simple.

My Phantom 4 and Mavic 2 batteries were just serviced after being in storage for over 6 months with no issues. None the less, your advice is spot on!
2022-11-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-21 04:38
Oh I'm well aware how to store batteries. I've got over 40 DJI batteries alone in the fleet. This one was a dud, pure and simple.

My Phantom 4 and Mavic 2 batteries were just serviced after being in storage for over 6 months with no issues. None the less, your advice is spot on!

Lol it happens. For me it does right when I need them most! I wrote an obituary for my last one. Lol So sad so very sad...

When number 2, ends
2022-12-3
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Haha, good stuff! I like your style! The eagle landed on Thursday and I'm a proud new father of number 8, the "new" number 8!
2022-12-4
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-4 05:09
Haha, good stuff! I like your style! The eagle landed on Thursday and I'm a proud new father of number 8, the "new" number 8!

Lol, may it live long and change!
2022-12-4
Use props
BruceJ
lvl.1

United States

Is it possible to revive a battery with one blinking green light. It is a Mavic Pro battery?
I have 4 like this.
Better yet a service I can send them to that can get them to charge and wake them up? I have not used them in about a year.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BruceJ Posted at 12-13 01:55
Is it possible to revive a battery with one blinking green light. It is a Mavic Pro battery?
I have 4 like this.
Better yet a service I can send them to that can get them to charge and wake them up? I have not used them in about a year.

Hi, BruceJ. Thank you for reaching out. Please take note of the Battery LED indicators.

When charging:

It takes about 60 minutes to charge a battery with the Mavic 50W charger and 54 minutes with the car charger (78W). We highly recommend leaving the batteries on charge for a while. If there are no signs of progress, you may consider sending the batteries back to us for further checking. You may submit an Online Repair Application, or contact our Customer Support directly at (support.dji.com) to get more details about the process. Please note that warranty service will be applied depending on the warranty status, and the result of the damage assessment. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2022-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules