Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Haven't used the DJI FPV in so long.. batteries 0%.
263 12 11-7 07:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3327126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't used the DJI FPV in so long.. batteries 0%. I'm recharging them now. I thought it would stay at least 20% like the other batteries?
11-7 07:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happened to me on a Mini battery that had been setting up for about 6 months.  Luckily I was able to bring it out of hibernation after a long, slow charge.  Hopefully, you will be able to get your battery revived.  
11-7 14:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the trouble caused. The DJI FPV battery features self-discharge protection. After being fully charged and left unused for 24 hours, it will automatically discharge to about 97% of its capacity. After it is left unused for over 5 days, it will discharge to about 60% of the capacity to protect the battery (and it may emit heat slightly during the discharge process, which is normal). If a battery has been left unused for a long period, it is possible to be over-discharged. Please keep us updated and let us know the result of the recharging. Thank you for your valued support.
11-7 21:39
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I recently had one, with no lights, but it took a charge OK, and flew OK.
11-8 10:05
Use props
KLRSKIR
First Officer
Flight distance : 25942680 ft
  • >>>
United States

cootertwo Posted at 11-8 10:05
I recently had one, with no lights, but it took a charge OK, and flew OK.

I have one that is now showing no lights, won't take a charge and throws a red light on the charger. It's not very old and I'm going to contact DJI about a replacement.
11-8 11:01
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The other batteries showed I think 1 solid and 1 blinking when it turned back on.
11-10 01:08
Use props
SgtRay
First Officer
Flight distance : 12814547 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 01:08
The other batteries showed I think 1 solid and 1 blinking when it turned back on.

You should have thrown them on the charger by now. They hopefully are fine
11-10 16:07
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 11-10 16:07
You should have thrown them on the charger by now. They hopefully are fine

they seem fine, it gets super boring to fly though
11-11 11:29
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 135827 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-8 11:01
I have one that is now showing no lights, won't take a charge and throws a red light on the charger. It's not very old and I'm going to contact DJI about a replacement.

The smart battery circuit places a small drain on the battery. If the cells go below 3.0V the battery is most likely permanently damaged.

You can not leave DJI smart batteries in storage for over 3 months. You will lose the batteries.

I have a regular schedule to recharge all my DJI batteries every 3 months. This is in accordance with the DJI recommendation on their smart batteries.

11-20 22:05
Use props
KLRSKIR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-20 22:05
The smart battery circuit places a small drain on the battery. If the cells go below 3.0V the battery is most likely permanently damaged.

You can not leave DJI smart batteries in storage for over 3 months. You will lose the batteries.

Oh I'm well aware how to store batteries. I've got over 40 DJI batteries alone in the fleet. This one was a dud, pure and simple.

My Phantom 4 and Mavic 2 batteries were just serviced after being in storage for over 6 months with no issues. None the less, your advice is spot on!
11-21 04:38
Use props
SgtRay
First Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-21 04:38
Oh I'm well aware how to store batteries. I've got over 40 DJI batteries alone in the fleet. This one was a dud, pure and simple.

My Phantom 4 and Mavic 2 batteries were just serviced after being in storage for over 6 months with no issues. None the less, your advice is spot on!

Lol it happens. For me it does right when I need them most! I wrote an obituary for my last one. Lol So sad so very sad...

When number 2, ends
12-3 08:59
Use props
KLRSKIR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Haha, good stuff! I like your style! The eagle landed on Thursday and I'm a proud new father of number 8, the "new" number 8!
12-4 05:09
Use props
SgtRay
First Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-4 05:09
Haha, good stuff! I like your style! The eagle landed on Thursday and I'm a proud new father of number 8, the "new" number 8!

Lol, may it live long and change!
12-4 07:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules