DJI Mini 3 Pro Jello Effect
4567 12 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans56c2f9f0
lvl.1

United States

I noticed recently after upgrading to the latest firmware v01.00.0400 that my DJI Mini 3 Pro has noticeable jelloing in no/low wind. I would share a video from youtube, but the youtube compression drops the resolution to 1080p and makes the jelloing more difficult to see.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to read that you are encountering this difficulty. You may try performing these recommendations to eliminate the issue:
1. Increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app, and then check whether the issue still exists.
3. Refresh/Update the Firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
If the issue remains, kindly confirm if this video you posted is from the cached video from the app, or the original footage from the SD card mounted on the aircraft. Also, please verify if you are using the DJI RC, or the RC-N1 with a mobile phone to further assess the cause of the issue. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you upload anything up to 4K, then YouTube publishes the lower resolution versions almost immediately, then eventually gets around to puttingt it up in high resolution. You just have to wait for it to appear.

BTW, upgrading the firmware will not have any effect on Jello, it is produced by one thing and one thing alone, vibration of the camera. The most common cause are out of balance propellors.

2022-11-7
Use props
k69
lvl.2
Czechia

fans56c2f9f0 see my thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278808
2022-11-8
Use props
ellpee
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, im also experiencing this jello effect. I have already tried updates, calibrations, different video settings with no luck. And due to location the mini 3 is my only option however the footage it captured recently is useless.

I would love to find out how to resolve this issue.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ellpee Posted at 4-6 21:03
Hi, im also experiencing this jello effect. I have already tried updates, calibrations, different video settings with no luck. And due to location the mini 3 is my only option however the footage it captured recently is useless.

I would love to find out how to resolve this issue.

Hi, ellpee. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Kindly post a short video showing the "jello effect" for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-8
Use props
J.Paradis
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-7 21:11
Hello there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to read that you are encountering this difficulty. You may try performing these recommendations to eliminate the issue:
1. Increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app, and then check whether the issue still exists.

Hello Tony - I have the same issue. Do you not find it odd that there are many owners with the same problem? I've added a Youtube link of my video for your review. I noticed that when I bring the drone back and power it down, the gimbal motor continues to run for several seconds. DJI Mini 3 Pro Jello Video Issue https://youtu.be/fcHhwgc71PA
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

J.Paradis Posted at 6-4 15:47
Hello Tony - I have the same issue. Do you not find it odd that there are many owners with the same problem? I've added a Youtube link of my video for your review. I noticed that when I bring the drone back and power it down, the gimbal motor continues to run for several seconds. DJI Mini 3 Pro Jello Video Issue https://youtu.be/fcHhwgc71PA

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing the same concern. We will have this forwarded to our engineers for feedback. We will keep you posted.
2023-6-5
Use props
Metin Kadioglu
New

Turkey

I have using my drone  more than 6 months and it is the first time i have faced this problem yesterday. I have followed all steps you have recommended but no positive result at all. But before it was jelloing continous during flight, now just stable when it hangs on air. But when i push forward or backward, downward, upward jello effect starts back.
2023-8-24
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

you are not the 1st one but it is not common
2023-8-24
Use props
JamesCUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3587313 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed it 3-4 weeks ago, but put it down to stronger than usual winds.  It happened again last weekend and again I put it down to wind, although it wasn't that strong.

However, it happened again two days ago, whereby there was very little wind and the drone was possibly only 50ft in the air.  It only did it as I was climbing from take-off and as soon as I let go of the left stick it stopped.

The first thing I will try is to calibrate everything and swap the props out.  If not, I suspect it ill have to be returned - this one is less than 6 weeks old.
2023-8-24
Use props
ciprian.g
lvl.1

Thailand

i have the same issue with my mini 3 pro(jello footage)
I went to  DJI service in Kuala Lumpur and they checked the drone,they said that the drone is in perfect condition, nothing wrong....
then i went at DJI service in Bangkok and they said that the problem is the gimbal and the camera module.so we agreed to change to whole assembly(camera+gimbal)
i went today to pick it up from the DJI Service and Surprise......the problem is stil there even with a NEW gimbal+camera
2-21 09:03
Use props
ciprian.g
lvl.1

Thailand

i've tried everything...........
2-21 09:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules