Avata Flight Logs - How Long Before They Are Available?
4326 9 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

So I started using Airdata and that is an awesome app for sure. However, I linked my Avata (not the goggles 2) and the last flight it synced was 10-15-22. I have flown at least 20 times since then.
So I have a few questions if someone can help please:

How long does it take for that data to be available to sync?
Am I missing something by only connecting the Avata?
Do I need to connect my Goggles 2 instead of the Avata?

Should I connect it to my computer instead of the app on my phone?

Just to include more information... I connected my Avata to the app on my android phone. It says it's all synced now but like I stated above it's showing the last flight as 10-15-22. In fact, I noticed that the only flights that are synced are the flights around my home. It's missing all the flight's done in other places. It should also be noted that I never connect to the DJI app before, during, or after a flight, is that something I need to be doing to get those flights to sync with Airdata?

I'm specifically trying to get the data from a flight about 4 days ago when the Avata took off on its own and crashed inside a building. I think it was too dark and the downward sensors could not see the floor because it had 18 sats connected (please, before anyone says don't fly in dark places, it was not so dark that I could not see, but I think it was too dark for the sensors to see the railroad tracks but they were 20 feet off the ground as well and the ceiling was 65 feet and it flew all the way to the ceiling and hit at high speed then crashed down on concrete 65 feet below). I would like to see that data to be sure it was not my fault for over-correcting on the sticks but it's not syncing with Airdata. Oh, by the way, my Avata made it with just a few scratches but the battery was completely crushed on the back corner lol. I'm fairly sure if I had been in manual mode it would not have crashed.

Thanks to anyone that can help in this matter.

Here is the video if anyone wants to see the crash lol.

2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the incident. Please note that we do not recommend using a 3rd party application when using DJI products as we cannot guarantee the stability and reliability of the said app when in use with your drones. We hope that you can get suggestions from other DJI Pilots about this. If the drone is getting an error or is not flyable anymore after this incident, please create a repair case on this link: https://service.dji.com/repair/index. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-7
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 12:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the incident. Please note that we do not recommend using a 3rd party application when using DJI products as we cannot guarantee the stability and reliability of the said app when in use with your drones. We hope that you can get suggestions from other DJI Pilots about this. If the drone is getting an error or is not flyable anymore after this incident, please create a repair case on this link: https://service.dji.com/repair/index. Thank you for your understanding and support.

The drone seems to be flying fine now. That app is just to read the flight data, it's only connected when the drone is not in use.

The problem is even the DJI App is not syncing with new data. The last data it has is 10-18-22. Could my drone be messed up and not recording flight logs?
2022-11-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-7 13:44
The drone seems to be flying fine now. That app is just to read the flight data, it's only connected when the drone is not in use.

The problem is even the DJI App is not syncing with new data. The last data it has is 10-18-22. Could my drone be messed up and not recording flight logs?

I use Airdata also. I use it with my FPV, Avata, and Mavic pro. I connect to the goggles and run the fly app only. I refresh the flight logs update then run the airdata app and that's all. I've done it all on the same day.
2022-11-7
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

SgtRay Posted at 11-7 14:11
I use Airdata also. I use it with my FPV, Avata, and Mavic pro. I connect to the goggles and run the fly app only. I refresh the flight logs update then run the airdata app and that's all. I've done it all on the same day.

Well, that may work, however, when I plug the goggles in or the avata in and try to use only the DJI app, it is not showing any new flights after 10/18/22 as well. I wonder if my crash damaged something and caused a loss of data and for it to no longer record flight data.
2022-11-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

SgtRay Posted at 11-7 14:11
I use Airdata also. I use it with my FPV, Avata, and Mavic pro. I connect to the goggles and run the fly app only. I refresh the flight logs update then run the airdata app and that's all. I've done it all on the same day.

Sure it was not his fault .. and the gentleman walking with him agrees as well  
2022-11-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-7 19:13
Well, that may work, however, when I plug the goggles in or the avata in and try to use only the DJI app, it is not showing any new flights after 10/18/22 as well. I wonder if my crash damaged something and caused a loss of data and for it to no longer record flight data.

Hook the app to the goggles then go to the data screen and hut the refresh (upper right). Then wait for it to start (upper left).
Then open the airdata app and hit sync.
That it step by step what I did on my last vid yesterday.
2022-11-7
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192661 ft
Switzerland

The downward sensors have also Infrared, it will sense also if it’s dark.
Your height to the ground is a bit erratic just before crashing …
I flew once over patches of fog and it senses the fog and was indicating erratic height varying quickly between 0.1 and 2m even if I was 5m over ground.
My Avata had a little drift and strange flight behavior flying to close to the fog …
2022-11-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

Waden Posted at 11-8 00:19
The downward sensors have also Infrared, it will sense also if it’s dark.
Your height to the ground is a bit erratic just before crashing …
I flew once over patches of fog and it senses the fog and was indicating erratic height varying quickly between 0.1 and 2m even if I was 5m over ground.

I thought about that infrared as well, so maybe mine is not working or maybe it was because it was railroad tracks with space between them and it confused the avata because it was going from 3 feet to 20 feet back to 3 feet so fast as it was seeing the board then no board and so on.
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FPVTrendz Posted at 11-7 13:44
The drone seems to be flying fine now. That app is just to read the flight data, it's only connected when the drone is not in use.

Hi, FPVTrendz. Thank you for the update. Good to know that you were able to fly again. Were you using the DJI Goggles when you fly it after 10-18-22? If you do, you may try the steps below to synchronize flight records:

1) Power on the goggles and connect the goggles to the mobile device.

2) Launch DJI Fly on your mobile device, and tap “Profile” and   “More”.

3) When “Auto-Sync Flight Records” is not enabled, a prompt will appear stating whether to enable this function after entering this page. Please tap “Enable” to finish the synchronization of flight records. You can check the synchronization progress at the upper left corner “Synchronizing flight records from goggles to your local device. X% complete” prompt will be shown, and synchronization is complete after “Synchronizing flight records from goggles successful” is shown.

If you have enabled “Auto-sync Flight Records”, enter the “Flight Data Center” interface as shown below and a “Synchronizing flight records from goggles to your local device. X% complete” prompt is shown at the upper left corner.

4) It is recommended that “Auto-sync Flight Record” is turned on so that flight records can be checked on any device. Please tap “Profile > Settings > Sync Flight Data > Auto-Sync Flight Record” and enable it.

Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules