Phantom 3 Adv No Image, Camera settings are greyed. No errors
2612 11 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andymetcalfe93
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced which has been in storage for a while. Used to work perfectly, however I turned it on for the first time in a couple of years this week and I am having problems getting the video feed working.

In the app I can just see a black screen. There is no video feed. There is no lens cap. The camera menu on the right of the app is greyed out so I cannot change any camera settings. Ironically, after the "Aircraft warming up" message has disappeared, I get "Ready to GO (Vision)".

Full battery on the aircraft, controller and my Android phone (Samsumg S21)
When I boot the aircraft, the gimbal does the dance
The light on the controller is green and I can control the motors
I can power on the motors and control them just fineI can control the gimbal angle
Android app version 3.1.76 (I have tried to download older versions, however they do not seem to start. My screen goes black for a second and then I get shown my home screen)
Firmware version 1.11.20
Remote controller version 1.9.2
I have tried both with an SD card and without. I have also tried formatting the SD card (as FAT). Interesting the menu shows 0MB available on the SD card when it is plugged in.
Status LEDs are flashing green on the aircraft arms
I have disconnected and reconnected the gimbal/camera cables but no change

I have attached screenshots

I have got a new phone since using it previously when it had worked, but have tried one other Android device and it still has no video (and on the other device it says "No image transmition signal"

On the Image Transmission Settings menu (which shows the video channel strength bar chart), all of the bars are dancing around pretty randomly. I have tried selecting Auto and Manual here but nothing changes. I have a video of this but can't upload it.

Are there any system logs which I can check for more detailed information?
I have just noticed that on the DJI Go home screen it thinks it's a Phantom 3 Professional, which it isn't.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.04.39 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.04.39.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.04.39 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.04.49.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.28.26.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 20.28.22.jpeg
Andy

2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, andymetcalfe93. Thank you for reaching out and providing this detailed description of the issue. We are sorry you are going through this. If possible, please try resetting the Camera Settings in the DJI Go app. If this issue persists, check whether the firmware version is correct (v1.11.20) and update if not the latest. In case the issue remains, please test it out on another mobile device. Please keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-7
Use props
andymetcalfe93
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply, I believe I covered all those details in my original post:

I can't reset camera settings in the app because the camera section is greyed out

The firmware version is 1.11.20

I have tried another device and there is still no video feed, however on that device I get the error No image transmission signal
2022-11-7
Use props
andymetcalfe93
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 20:59
Hi, andymetcalfe93. Thank you for reaching out and providing this detailed description of the issue. We are sorry you are going through this. If possible, please try resetting the Camera Settings in the DJI Go app. If this issue persists, check whether the firmware version is correct (v1.11.20) and update if not the latest. In case the issue remains, please test it out on another mobile device. Please keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.

Any other ideas of what I can check?
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

andymetcalfe93 Posted at 11-16 15:41
Any other ideas of what I can check?

Hi there, andymetcalfe93. Apologies for the delayed response, and we're sorry to read that the issue persists. Since you have tried the troubleshooting steps, we need to report it to our related team for further investigation. We sent you a PM to gather the necessary data. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-19
Use props
Baldag
New

Sweden

I'm having the exact same problem as this poster. My P3P has been on the shelf for about 1-2 years and now I get this problem. What is wrong?
Everything about the drone works except for no Camera feed, all camera menus are greyed out and SD-Card says 0mb. Have tried 9 different sd-cards, all having worked when I last used the drone.
Gimbal works and moves according to Tilt of aircraft and when commanded thru the APP.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_SnwNzj8a5xlD
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-19 01:34
Hi there, andymetcalfe93. Apologies for the delayed response, and we're sorry to read that the issue persists. Since you have tried the troubleshooting steps, we need to report it to our related team for further investigation. We sent you a PM to gather the necessary data. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.
2023-4-18
Use props
andymetcalfe93
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unfortunately I haven't solved this, the next step was sending it off for repair and I think the costs will add up
2023-5-11
Use props
Merckx
New

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-19 01:34

e qual e resposta amigo ='( pois estou com msm problema !!
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Merckx Posted at 9-23 16:21
e qual e resposta amigo ='( pois estou com msm problema !!

Hello there. We advised andymetcalfe93 to submit a repair request. However, as electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for understanding.
2023-9-25
Use props
My Creation
New

United Kingdom

Baldag Posted at 3-20 10:42
I'm having the exact same problem as this poster. My P3P has been on the shelf for about 1-2 years and now I get this problem. What is wrong?
Everything about the drone works except for no Camera feed, all camera menus are greyed out and SD-Card says 0mb. Have tried 9 different sd-cards, all having worked when I last used the drone.
Gimbal works and moves according to Tilt of aircraft and when commanded thru the APP.

Same issue with my P3S, after 4 years, ni video, meniu area is grey...any ideea?
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

My Creation Posted at 10-9 05:34
Same issue with my P3S, after 4 years, ni video, meniu area is grey...any ideea?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As mentioned by DJI Tony above, we're sorry but we no longer provide services for the DJI Phantom 3 Series as it already reaches its End of Life. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules