Aircraft bound to another account...but everything is brand new
2758 10 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KingFish20
New
United States

I purchased a new DJI Mavic 3 Fly More package with the included remote. I flew the drone a few times and it performed great; however, I wanted to upgrade to the DJI RC with the display.
I purchased a new DJI RC from DJI. When attempting to bind to the new controller, I get an error indicating the aircraft is bound to another account...but its my account. Everything is brand new and setup under my account...it seems odd that I would have to remove the aircraft from my account to bind it to my new remote...am I missing somehting here? All the other threads addressing this are people that bought a drone second hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2022-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Yes, if you have Care Refresh you do have to unbind it from the old controller and then bind it to the new controller.
2022-11-7
Use props
KingFish20
New
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-7 12:53
Yes, if you have Care Refresh you do have to unbind it from the old controller and then bind it to the new controller.

thanks, I understand it has to be unbound from the old controller, but this error is that the aircraft itself is bound to another account..but that account is mine as are both controllers.
2022-11-7
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've had this discussion in the A2S forum since many of us had the older RC-N1 controller, then upgraded to the new RC controller.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278031

As long as you can unbind the older controller with your other account, then you should be able to bind the new controller to your other/same account.
2022-11-7
Use props
KingFish20
New
United States

KingFish20 Posted at 11-7 13:34
thanks, I understand it has to be unbound from the old controller, but this error is that the aircraft itself is bound to another account..but that account is mine as are both controllers.

hey thank you for your comment. I powered up and connected the old controller, removed the Mavic 3 from the account, then powered that controller off. Then powered up and paired the new controller and bound the Mavic 3 to the new one...that did the trick. just seems weird you have to remove it from the account as opposed to just switching between the remotes. Oh well, works now.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, KingFish20. Thank you for your inquiry and we are glad that this has been sorted out. If you would like us to further verify this, you may offer us the serial number of the aircraft and the DJI email account bound to it via PM. Moreover, please be advised that to bind and unbind remote controllers from your account, you must be logged in on the app using the "Bound Account" or else, this would not be an option for you. We'll be happy to offer further assistance!
2022-11-7
Use props
djiuser_B6nOa3NhAVW2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57034 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
This Monday (12-06-23) I had both my Mini 2 and mini 3 pro stolen from my offices.
I had to buy a new mini 3 pro. (Purchased from Argos uk) and the DJI RC was logged into another account with all their flight records on it. Some in the Maldives.
I logged into my account but it’s still saying device is bound to another account. Have I bought a second hand or stolen device?
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_B6nOa3NhAVW2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57034 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
This Monday (12-06-23) I had both my Mini 2 and mini 3 pro stolen from my offices.
I had to buy a new mini 3 pro. (Purchased from Argos uk) and the DJI RC was logged into another account with all their flight records on it. Some in the Maldives.
I logged into my account but it’s still saying device is bound to another account. Have I bought a second hand or stolen device?
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_aDtDjjI3olX1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56929 ft
India

already bound to another account problem
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_aDtDjjI3olX1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56929 ft
India

2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_aDtDjjI3olX1 Posted at 10-14 20:51

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I please know where you bought the drone? Thank you.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules