SCREEN IS BLANK
4877 18 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaswizz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89209 ft
United States

Hi everyone, Brand new RC Pro out of the box just now.  Activated the battery, and went to turn it on.  Screen lit up and got all the way to the WIFI page and screen went black and cannot get anything to pop back up on the screen.  Battery is fully charged.  Able to turn the remote on, Just a black screen.  
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Jaswizz. Thank you for notifying us about this concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We understand that this is a brand new DJI RC Pro, but for this issue, we highly recommend doing a "Firmware Refresh" on the controller.
Here are the steps for refreshing the firmware:
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) at: (https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads ... sumer-drones-series).
2. Power on DJI RC Pro and connect it to the computer with the USB cable. 3. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After the DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
3. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
After the RC Pro is refreshed/updated, please restart it and check if the issue remains. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-7
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 19:42
Hi, Jaswizz. Thank you for notifying us about this concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We understand that this is a brand new DJI RC Pro, but for this issue, we highly recommend doing a "Firmware Refresh" on the controller.
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) at: (https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series).

I tried exactly what you said.  Power the RC on and plug it in, DJI Assistant 2 (consumer) does not show it being plugged in.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jaswizz Posted at 11-7 19:55
I tried exactly what you said.  Power the RC on and plug it in, DJI Assistant 2 (consumer) does not show it being plugged in.

Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue remains, Jaswizz. We suggest using other cables or try switching to a different computer. If you are using Mac, kindly try using Windows if available. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-7
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 22:45
Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue remains, Jaswizz. We suggest using other cables or try switching to a different computer. If you are using Mac, kindly try using Windows if available. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I tried it on my both my Mac and PC with different cables. My normal RC that came with the Mavic 3 connects just fine. The RC Pro does not.
2022-11-8
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jaswizz Posted at 11-8 00:29
I tried it on my both my Mac and PC with different cables. My normal RC that came with the Mavic 3 connects just fine. The RC Pro does not.

Was the battery flat ? try and put a charge through it from a power bank, just to wake it up.
2022-11-8
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

Delta Nine Posted at 11-8 12:08
Was the battery flat ? try and put a charge through it from a power bank, just to wake it up.

The battery was not flat. Plugged it in to the charger and activated just like the instructions say.  It has a full charge now and still a black screen.
2022-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a point, with regards to post 2, I would be inclined to try booting the Assistant 2 BEFORE you switch the controller on and connect it to the computer.
I know it's an entirely different product but when connecting a Mavic Mini or a Mini 2 to the assistant 2, the assitant 2 MUST be up and running before the drone is switched on.....Why? ....From drone switch-on the connection to the assistant 2 MUST be made within a certain time window otherwise the drone boots to its 'normal flight mode' rather than a mode that can communicate with the assistant 2.
It might be worth trying that with the controller
2022-11-8
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-8 15:02
Just a point, with regards to post 2, I would be inclined to try booting the Assistant 2 BEFORE you switch the controller on and connect it to the computer.
I know it's an entirely different product but when connecting a Mavic Mini or a Mini 2 to the assistant 2, the assitant 2 MUST be up and running before the drone is switched on.....Why? ....From drone switch-on the connection to the assistant 2 MUST be made within a certain time window otherwise the drone boots to its 'normal flight mode' rather than a mode that can communicate with the assistant 2.
It might be worth trying that with the controller

Just gave that a shot and didn’t work. Great idea though.
2022-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ho hum, that's a pity
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jaswizz Posted at 11-8 00:29
I tried it on my both my Mac and PC with different cables. My normal RC that came with the Mavic 3 connects just fine. The RC Pro does not.

Hello, Jaswizz. We are sorry to read that the issue remains. Please attempt to reset the RC Pro by doing a long press on the power button for 15 seconds. If the same issue persists, we're afraid that you may consider sending the product back for further testing. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply. As of the possibility of sending it in for further testing, I’m assuming I’ll get a brand new replacement free of charge. Knowing that it’s straight out of  the box and performing like that?
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_MZ389NYJBAbk
New

Ukraine

The same situation. Did you find a solution to this problem?
2023-3-22
Use props
Jaswizz
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_MZ389NYJBAbk Posted at 3-22 10:17
The same situation. Did you find a solution to this problem?

I ended up having to send it in. They replaced with a brand new controller. Took about 2 weeks.
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_MZ389NYJBAbk
New

Ukraine

Jaswizz Posted at 3-22 10:28
I ended up having to send it in. They replaced with a brand new controller. Took about 2 weeks.

Thank you.
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_kStrHMXqkCk4
New

India

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-7 19:42
Hi, Jaswizz. Thank you for notifying us about this concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We understand that this is a brand new DJI RC Pro, but for this issue, we highly recommend doing a "Firmware Refresh" on the controller.
1. On your computer, download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) at: (https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series).

I am facing the same issue(RC 2 is not display issue),
I will the the same
1-8 18:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_kStrHMXqkCk4 Posted at 1-8 18:10
I am facing the same issue(RC 2 is not display issue),
I will the the same

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If the issue persists, the remote needs to be repaired. However, If you are currently in India, according to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.
1-9 02:55
Use props
djiuser_YoPDRmn84KdA
New

Vietnam

Hello, i have an issue with my remote controller 2 with display for mini 4 pro, i bought brand new, i have flown with new mini 4 pro only 15min, now i can not use my controller, i turn it on and it immidiately turn off, i can not go to menu to make reset, can u help me with that, thank u
3-29 19:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YoPDRmn84KdA Posted at 3-29 19:13
Hello, i have an issue with my remote controller 2 with display for mini 4 pro, i bought brand new, i have flown with new mini 4 pro only 15min, now i can not use my controller, i turn it on and it immidiately turn off, i can not go to menu to make reset, can u help me with that, thank u

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check the behavior of the RC? In addition, did the issue occur multiple times when you turned on the RC? Please make sure that the RC has enough battery, and recharge the RC to check if the issue persists. Keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-29 20:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules