Ronin RS3 Sensitivity Setting
2446 3 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6381fdf7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Ronin S has a ‘sensitivity’ setting. I found this hugely important as it allowed me to make much more precise movements with the gimbal. Not having this ‘sensitivity’ setting means that the follow speed always goes from zero to whatever the follow speed is set to at the same rate. This can make gimbal moves a bit jerky as the follow movement kicks in at the fixed sensitivity rate (which is too fast for my taste). The only way I find to slightly counter this is to reduce my follow speed, but by doing so limits the top end speed of my gimbal movement – so for example if I want to make a move that starts very slowly and then in the same shot start panning very quickly then I can’t do so. If there were a ‘sensitivity’ setting I could do this easily by setting the follow speed higher and the sensitivity lower, so as I start the move I just make small movements with the gimbal and the low sensitivity means the follow speed at this point is low, then I can make bigger movements with the gimbal and will attain the full range of the follow speed I’ve set.

Not having a ‘sensitivity’ setting really seems to be dumbing down the gimbal – removing one setting for people to concern themselves with – but it’s a huge loss.

I have appealed to DJI in the past to reintroduce the sensitivity setting, but I’ve been told “Because of the characteristic of RS2 and the difference between RS2 and Ronin-S, there is no sensitivity setting for RS2 for now. This sensitivity setting has been integrated into the following speed algorithm. It is more user-friendly” – Unfortunately though, this simply isn’t the case, but it does point to my assumption that the only reason it was removed was to make it simpler.

Others have also queried why ‘sensitivity’ has been removed and were told “The acceleration/sensitivity function is designed for the gimbal to respond to sudden acceleration. We added Sports Mode, which can accustom to this scenario” – again this doesn’t really cover it, since my main use for the sensitivity setting was to LOWER the sensitivity/acceleration (not increase it ala sports mode).

Can DJI please reconsider adding the ‘sensitivity’ setting back for the Ronin gimbals? As it is, I think I’m going to have to go back to using the Ronin S since it’s performance (thanks to have manual sensitivity adjustments) vastly outperforms the newer models – which is a shame since there are aspect of the newer models I really like (being more lightweight and locking motors). Is this something DJI can look into?

2022-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-11-8
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-8 23:53
Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!

Thanks for the hint, will post there.
2022-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans6381fdf7 Posted at 11-12 13:26
Thanks for the hint, will post there.

You're welcome!
2022-11-13