4123 58 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

Good update ! I will fly tomorrow for another car tv show, does the Autofocus has been fixed ?
2022-12-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabriziooo Posted at 2022-11-17 03:06
What are you talking about... i am not talking about algorithm or active track, just pure manual control, and as many noticed when the drone came out, there is a turn assist that was not on previous drones, and it should be an option, not permanent.

And even if you like it, why don't you want others have the ability to disable it ? this is what i don't understand. I saw many people complaining about it when the drone came out

Computer lesson: Algorithms are the basics of computer control. Anything you do with the remote just makes requests to the drone, not a command. If it was all manual, you would have absolutely no control of the drone.
2023-1-24
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

of course, i studied computer programming for 3 years so not really a lesson, however there is a big difference in user experience between a well done algorithm that give the feeling of doing exactly what you want, and an automated move that is added to what you do with your fingers and ruin your shot.

I am not a consumer just taking off his drone 1 or 2 day a month, move 100m away and making it come back, landing and be happy with that.
i fly almost every week for my work, and i shoot TV shots, every wrong feature like turn assist is a pain in the as*
2023-1-25
Use props
JonnyRay
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Fabriziooo Posted at 2022-11-20 11:55
Of course i know it, a 20mp sensor shooting full frame at 4K, there must be pixel binning.

On Mavic 3, yes the image quality is very good on 4K as well as 5.1k, that’s not the point. I really miss this 35mm equivalent without quality loss. On Mavic 3 you can try to simulate it by using digital zoom, but the issue is the exact opposite as what you said about Mavic 2: i avoid this digital zoom on M3 as it has a bad pixel binning effect.. so i only use 1.0x mode, even if I prefer the 35mm equivalent with that cinematic effect. if only there was a mode keeping exactly 3840x2160 in the center of the sensor, without post processing, pixel binning or anything…

Thank you for this info. I've been trying to figure out if there is a loss in quality shooting in 5.1k at 2x zoom for a 4k video. I guess there is. Shooting at 1x zoom and cropping into 3840x2160 in post would be the best option for lossless zoom I guess?
2023-2-13
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plus one with this. Absolute killer, please DJI make it fly like the M2!

-A setting to disable Turn Assist. When turning left or right using Yaw movement, the drone add Roll movement like a turn assist. this is a constraint as it is doing that, we don't have full control of it, and almost everytime, it restrict what you want to do. This is a very important feature i would like. Please DJI, this is a professional drone, let us disable assists.
2023-2-18
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been saying this since the Mavic 3 came out and I got my hands on one. It is MOST frustrating that they ask for this kind of money for this drone and make it fly like a childs toy.

PLEASE DJI, FIX IT. Give the PROS back control of their craft.
2023-2-21
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Yes it need to be a setting that can be enabled or disabled.

Also, i flown today at the cliffs of Etretat in France, there was a little fog. Flying 80m of height,  i was shooting and going down at the same time, the drone thought the fog was the ground and that it was landing, so it displayed "landing in progress"... Very dangerous above the sea and famous cliffs like in Etretat. Downwards Vision sensors should also be a setting that can be disabled, just like on Mavic 2 Pro (Vision positioning system). Please DJI, give us back the settings we had on the previous and cheaper drone, the Mavic 2. Also, sometimes when flying over water, it think the ground is moving when in fact it is waves, so the drone start to fly away trying to compensate what it see below... It also done something like that to me today, very dangerous behaviour.

I know DJI doesn't incluse these settings anymore as they try to limite crashes from beginner, but in real life, beginner won't go so far in settings to disable something like that, but us, professional pilots in TV/Movie industry, we need it on professional shoots. When something like what i describe happens in front of a tv director, it's clearly a shame...
2023-2-21
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just bumping this up on the forum as it's a very import issue. Pleas DJI you need to go back to the M2 and make the M3 do the same.
2023-2-24
Use props
dronemagics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179767 ft
Hungary

Today I was out on the field testing the zoom of Mavic 3 and mini3 Pro against Mavic 2 Pro. Since I use M2P  in HQ mode like 95% of the time, I wanted to check the newer models in that topic.
In short: they are crap. I simply do not understand why digital zooms are even exist, they are so bad.
By the way I copied this from the M2P manual:  
" For the Mavic 2 Pro, Full FOV downsamples from the 5.5K sensor to 4K resolution while HQ crops in the center for finer image quality but less FOV. Full FOV view is 75° and HQ view is 55°.  "

So it seems the MAvic2Pro sensor has 5,5K resolution and cropping into the sensor in HQ mode gives us the losless 4K resolution reulting around 40mm focal length ( 35mm eqv) .
So my question is: how come an almost 5 year old drone has this ability, yet the newer ones don't ? Why don't we have a "crop in " mode in Mavic 3 ? If it already has an 5.1K res mode at 24mm ? Why don't they put a cropped 4K at around 30mm ?  

Also I when matching today the mini3P, Mavic2P and Mavic 3 footages, I found the latter looking oversharpened, since I dialed back "sharpness" on the M2P and mini3P, but couldn't find "sharpness" setting in DJI App for MAvic3... how come ??
2023-3-3
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Finally someone that got the point.

HQ mode is really needed, Mavic 2 proved that it was a really good feature as everyone used it...
2023-3-3
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once again, bumping this back up to the top of the forum.

TURN ASSIST NEEDS DISABLING.

See here for a clear explanation of the stupid settings we now have on these drones: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =278891&pid=2902437

2023-4-14
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fabriziooo Posted at 2022-11-13 02:39
It seems your video show the Mavic 2 Pro using Active track to follow the boat... we are not talking about the same thing i guess.

On Mavic 2 Pro, when you pilot it in manual, no Activetrack or anything, there is no "Turn assist". you can do this, with the right skills :

Just pushing this issue up the forum, ever hopeful DJI will fix this issue.
2023-5-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Webevision Posted at 5-11 01:58
Just pushing this issue up the forum, ever hopeful DJI will fix this issue.

I am glad to see the bump.  When the Mavic 3's came out, I had a very hard time describing why I did not care for the flight characteristics as much as M2P/M2Z series.  This is a setting that would be very loved by a portion of users.

Interesting that in Mavic 3E, they have the feature, so we know it may be done.  : )
2023-6-15
Use props
willval
lvl.1

Ireland

Yes, agree with the autofocus
2023-6-16
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

TonyPHX Posted at 6-15 21:27
I am glad to see the bump.  When the Mavic 3's came out, I had a very hard time describing why I did not care for the flight characteristics as much as M2P/M2Z series.  This is a setting that would be very loved by a portion of users.

Interesting that in Mavic 3E, they have the feature, so we know it may be done.  : )

What, you say that Mavic 3 E has an option to disable assited turns ?
2023-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fabriziooo Posted at 6-16 13:43
What, you say that Mavic 3 E has an option to disable assited turns ?

Yes.  And I would normally now attach a screen shot, but I'm heading out of town and sitting at airport and won't be seeing my Mavic 3E gear until end of next week.  If nobody else shows the setting, I'll post next Friday.
2023-6-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And of course I forgot to post.  So, @ Fabriziooo, here is is from the M3E and Pilot 2 UI.
2023-6-29
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

WTF, why did they do that ! They develop and apply a new feature to a Mavic 3, exact same basis, but they only add it for ONE iteration of this model... crazy
2023-6-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fabriziooo Posted at 6-30 07:43
WTF, why did they do that ! They develop and apply a new feature to a Mavic 3, exact same basis, but they only add it for ONE iteration of this model... crazy

I do not know man.  It is almost as if different teams entirely build each commercial offer.  Very disjointed.
2023-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules