Flashlight on drone
2183 14 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

Do any drones have a flashlight feature? This would be useful during inspections, or even just for flash photography if the drone was close but the lighting is poor. It seems like it could be a useful feature that wouldn't add much weight. A phone flash is very small yet very bright, one for a drone could be just as small or even smaller.
2022-11-8
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

You can find many flashlights for drones as aftermarket parts. They're small and light and provide a very bright flash. Just running a search on Google will provide to you a long list.
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for reaching out. We regret to inform you that as of this moment, there's no flashlight function on DJI drones. It takes time to develop and test every new function. Please rest assured that we will send your voice to the related department. If you have more expectations for products and functions, you can leave a message in DJI Forum and communicate with us. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.foxfury.com/shop-by-industry/drones/
2022-11-8
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 14:14
https://www.foxfury.com/shop-by-industry/drones/

These are large and bulky, and expensive. I was thinking of something that is small and camera mounted, wherever you point the camera, the light will be there. Also  would run off the drone battery, I understand that this will negatively affect the battery, but it doesn't have to always be "on". I imagine a control on the remote to turn it on/off, or put in flash mode, so it's only going to be on as a quick flash when you take a photo, or while videoing. I've got it all figured out, dji should hire me.
2022-11-8
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

FabioV Posted at 11-8 04:55
You can find many flashlights for drones as aftermarket parts. They're small and light and provide a very bright flash. Just running a search on Google will provide to you a long list.

Thanks Fabio, but what I'm REALLY looking for, is a light that is integrated into the drone and the drones software. So it functions with the drone and is controlled with the handset.
2022-11-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-9 15:11
Thanks Fabio, but what I'm REALLY looking for, is a light that is integrated into the drone and the drones software. So it functions with the drone and is controlled with the handset.

You need to get an Enterprise Edition for that.
2022-11-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer, I don't see the flashlight feature incorporated... or perhaps your suggesting THE Enterprise, along with Kirk, Spock and Bones? In which case I'm all in! (I'm a little short on cash though!)
2022-11-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-9 16:27
Mobilehomer, I don't see the flashlight feature incorporated... or perhaps your suggesting THE Enterprise, along with Kirk, Spock and Bones? In which case I'm all in! (I'm a little short on cash though!)

Yes, for the Mavic 2 Enterprise editions, there are lights, speakers and super precise GPS receivers.
2022-11-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

I'm working on my license, if I start making reasonable income from my drones, I will consider a mapping drone and some other features. But you know how it goes in any business, the tools need to pay for themselves.
2022-11-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-9 16:37
Yes, for the Mavic 2 Enterprise editions, there are lights, speakers and super precise GPS receivers.

That last comment was directed @ you, Mobilehomer!
2022-11-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-9 19:13
That last comment was directed @ you, Mobilehomer!

I was just pointing out the option for a light that works from the controller.
2022-11-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-9 19:15
I was just pointing out the option for a light that works from the controller.
I'm interested, it's pricey for me, so it would need to be something that earns its place, that is why I'd be looking for a few other features that I would hope set me apart from every other drone pilot. I pointed you out back there because I didn't "reply", so I wanted to make sure you were notified!
2022-11-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-10 00:07
I'm interested, it's pricey for me, so it would need to be something that earns its place, that is why I'd be looking for a few other features that I would hope set me apart from every other drone pilot. I pointed you out back there because I didn't "reply", so I wanted to make sure you were notified!

Gotcha. Give the different Enterprise editions a good look.
2022-11-10
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-10 06:48
Gotcha. Give the different Enterprise editions a good look.

Will do, thanks for the tip!
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules