Mavic Mini drone and Rc are not pairing after firmware update
1974 11 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shikhar84
lvl.1
India

Hi All, I need help. My R refuses to connect to the Mavic Mini drone afte the latest firmware update.I have updated & refreshed  both R and drone with DJI assistant 2 but still they wont pair. I havent even flown the drone. I am desparate for a solution. Please please help.

Below is the video link of my pairing process

https://youtu.be/-082FAiPLXE

I am really really frustrated beyond words
2022-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That I can see you do not actually start the pairing process on the drone, the battery LED lights should flash sequentially when it is in pairing mode, just as they do on the controller.

That I see, at 1:06, there are two LEDs 'permanently' lit.

If I am correct you need to hold the drone's power button down for longer than you did.
2022-11-8
Use props
Shikhar84
lvl.1
India

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-8 10:31
That I can see you do not actually start the pairing process on the drone, the battery LED lights should flash sequentially when it is in pairing mode, just as they do on the controller.

That I see, at 1:06, there are two LEDs 'permanently' lit.

I pressed the button on the drone for 4 secs untill the beep. it was in pairing mode
2022-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shikhar84 Posted at 11-8 20:53
I pressed the button on the drone for 4 secs untill the beep. it was in pairing mode

Did the drone's battery LEDs flash sequentially, in the same way as the controller's LEDs flashed?
2022-11-9
Use props
Shikhar84
lvl.1
India

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-9 02:30
Did the drone's battery LEDs flash sequentially, in the same way as the controller's LEDs flashed?

Yes. I have tried it multiple times. I am doing it correctly
2022-11-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try removing the mSD card from the drone.
I have, from memory, seen a corrupt or perhaps an inappropriately named file on a card prevent linking. If it links check the card for such files or empty the card to storage, if I remember correctly I had a gap in the name of a jpg.
If that doesn't work try, if possible, your controller on another drone and another controller with your drone.
Using the appropriate assistant 2 try refreshing the firmware.
Try calibrating the controller.
2022-11-9
Use props
Shikhar84
lvl.1
India

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-9 21:43
Try removing the mSD card from the drone.
I have, from memory, seen a corrupt or perhaps an inappropriately named file on a card prevent linking. If it links check the card for such files or empty the card to storage, if I remember correctly I had a gap in the name of a jpg.
If that doesn't work try, if possible, your controller on another drone and another controller with your drone.

I have tried removing the card. refreshed the firmware from Assistant 2. Though didnt empty the card. But if i remove the card and then try pairing,will it matter? I'll have to finad someone with a Mavic mini to see if pairing with another drone or RC will work
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Since you already perform all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue but still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_VGtMmsis7Oe3
lvl.1
Uganda

Hi, latest firmware for Mavic Mini stopped all three of my Mavic Minis from connecting to their controllers. I take the sd card out of the drones, they will connect but you will no longer be able to  use your drone with an SD card. As after it connects if you put in an sd card back in the drone the connection is lost again after a few seconds. No way to downgrade as far as I can work out, have tried with dji assistant,  but does not have a previous firmware option to go back too (from v01.00.600). Unless DJI does another firmware to fix this, all mavic mini drones are low resolution practice drones from now on. Hope you were not using your drone for a business like me.
2-19 01:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VGtMmsis7Oe3 Posted at 2-19 01:28
Hi, latest firmware for Mavic Mini stopped all three of my Mavic Minis from connecting to their controllers. I take the sd card out of the drones, they will connect but you will no longer be able to  use your drone with an SD card. As after it connects if you put in an sd card back in the drone the connection is lost again after a few seconds. No way to downgrade as far as I can work out, have tried with dji assistant,  but does not have a previous firmware option to go back too (from v01.00.600). Unless DJI does another firmware to fix this, all mavic mini drones are low resolution practice drones from now on. Hope you were not using your drone for a business like me.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below? Feel free to skip some if was already done.
1. Ensure that the correct app is downloaded which is the DJI Fly app. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
Remote controller: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link.
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If the issue persists, please check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app (connect Wifi or hotspot when using RC with built-in screen). Check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. Here is where to download the software: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2-20 02:22
Use props
djiuser_VGtMmsis7Oe3
lvl.1
Uganda

Tried all the above, still all my drones dont connect with their controllers.
3-7 23:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_VGtMmsis7Oe3 Posted at 3-7 23:32
Tried all the above, still all my drones dont connect with their controllers.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific drones you own have the issue connecting with the controller? Have you tried to connect both aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 software to update/refresh the firmware then link again to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
3-8 03:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules