Avata, FPV Goggles, Telemetry, Tablet
2695 5 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have both and Avata and FPV and enjoy flying both.  I fly the Avata with my FPV Goggles and Controller.  I generally do not have a visual observer and would like to know if there is any way to see the telemetry data, battery life, altitude, etc. by connecting the goggle to either my iPhone or Android tablet.  Basically put on the goggles.  Do my preflight,then raise the goggles and fly using a tablet or phone display to maintain visual line of sight.  If not it seems the only alternative is to just look in the goggles briefly every 1/2 minute or so to watch battery life, etc.  I do know I can see the camera view but what is important to me is the telemetry.

2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Ranger7777. Thank you for your inquiry. We have methods that would allow you to connect your DJI Avata and DJI FPV to your mobile phone for viewing. Just note that with the DJI FPV Goggles V2, the OSD information will not be displayed on the video transmission screen. The DJI Goggles 2 will show the OSD information but it will need to be toggled on from the goggles Settings>Advanced Camera Settings> Camera View Recording.
Here are the methods you can use:
1. Use the USB-C OTG cable and the USB-C/Lightning cable to connect DJI Goggles 2/FPV Goggles V2 to a mobile device.
2. Use the USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to Lightning cable to connect DJI Goggles 2/FPV Goggles V2 to a mobile device.
Additional information: Please use a USB-C cable that supports a standard protocol or an MFI-certified Lightning cable. Currently, DJI Goggles 2 cannot be used with any non-standard data cables including high-speed 5A current purple core super-fast charging data cable.
Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-9
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony   OK, thanks for the response.  However, it looks like that is a solution for the Avata only.   From what I have found the Goggles 2 is not compatible with the DJI FPV drone.  Is that the case?  If so, rumors are some backward compatibility on the way and will that include the FPV Drone?  If Goggle 2 will be compatible with both I would buy.
2022-11-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I have the same set up as you. As of yet the new goggles will not work on the older drone. There are rumors that they will make it backwards compatible with an update. But as with anything else I'll believe it when I see it.

The telemetry will not work on the older drone in the remote monitor mode. I love both of my drones and I appreciate DJI for developing them. But the people who make the calls really should be shot. Because even a two-year-old would have figured out that, that needed to be an option on both
2022-11-9
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

Sgt Ray

Totally agree!
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer