Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cruise ship up close video in HLG (unedited)
1073 19 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share a video I shot the other day here in Brooklyn, New York of a Carribean cruise ship passing by. This video has not been edited yet, figured to share it with everyone, it is in HLG , hopefully you would find it pleasant

Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice footage!
2022-11-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Nice capture.
2022-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.
2022-11-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you guys, it's not edited yet, but I got very lucky to capture the cruise ship passing by in the bay, thank you so much for kind words

Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

For an unedited video that is some lovely footage.  
2022-11-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 04:39
For an unedited video that is some lovely footage.

Thank you so much DowntownRDB
2022-11-9
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For me very, very nice to look at!  
Is there or was there anything to consider if you forward the video directly to YouTube...?  
Did you have to set anything in YouTube so that it takes over the HLG video and displays it properly...?
2022-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 11-9 06:56
Thank you so much DowntownRDB

My pleasure Mzp.  Have a wonderful day and enjoy whats left of the week.
2022-11-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

very nice video, please repost the edited version when you fix it up with epic music and all....
2022-11-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 16:19
very nice video, please repost the edited version when you fix it up with epic music and all....

Thank you bud, I will for sure
2022-11-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 11-9 08:26
For me very, very nice to look at!  
Is there or was there anything to consider if you forward the video directly to YouTube...?  
Did you have to set anything in YouTube so that it takes over the HLG video and displays it properly...?

Thank you Franky, much appreciate the kind words!!!
I actually prefer YouTube because even though it does a great deal of compression, the video still preserves most of its quality (imho) and it is very easy to share with anyone on any platform weather it's WhatsApp, Text Message (SMS), Telegram, Facebook , basically anything on any platform smart phone or PC / Mac / Chrome Book would be able to display it. YouTube is great for interpreting HLG natively, unlike Facebook (don't think it does HDR (imho, based on my testing, but I might be wrong), very noticeable compression artifacts, maybe more suitable for sharing on smart phones as resolution is small on those, unlike maybe some newer phones, but then again the screen real estate is very small)  . However, there is one caveat with YouTube, it requires some patience. Basically to post to it, just need a free google account, creating a channel (very easy) and uploading your video in HLG as it. YouTube would then start working on compressing your video. This process requires some patience. For a short video like 10 mins, maybe 2 hours to get to Standard Definition, then another 2 hours to get to 4k definition (at this point the video is decent to view, but it would be in rec.709 color space, not HLG HDR). To get HLG HDR , that for me at least takes at least one day, sometimes 2 days. So basically I upload HLG to YouTube and then wait 1-2 days for it to show in HLG HDR. To check if your video is already in HDR, you would see HDR mark in the bottom right corner as oppose to SD or HD, also you can check this by right clicking on the video being played or paused and checking "Stats for nerds", that would show you the color space and transfer function, for HLG it should say HLG rec.2020. Sorry for lengthy response, hope this helps Franky.

Take care, Mike.
2022-11-9
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... very well explained, Mike!  
I can now do something with these explanations, I'll try it out, just didn't know how to do it until now...
So, once again, thank you very much!!!

2022-11-9
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice, thanks for sharing.
2022-11-10
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 11-9 22:47
... very well explained, Mike!  
I can now do something with these explanations, I'll try it out, just didn't know how to do it until now...
So, once again, thank you very much!!!

You are very welcome Franky, glad I was able to help there !!!  

Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-10
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 11-10 03:45
Nice, thanks for sharing.

Thank you Grimtheviking, appreciate the kind words

Best , Mike.
2022-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job Mike nice use of the spectacular light.
2022-11-10
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 08:21
Great job Mike nice use of the spectacular light.

Thank you Hallmark, much appreciate the kind words

Take care, Mike.
2022-11-11
Use props
Eddo
New

United States

Nice video. Good luck with editing the flickering though, did you have it set to Auto exposure? It keeps changing throughout the flight.
2022-11-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Eddo Posted at 11-27 11:55
Nice video. Good luck with editing the flickering though, did you have it set to Auto exposure? It keeps changing throughout the flight.

Thanks Eddo. I had the shutter speed locked, everything else was on auto. The flickering is easily removed with NeatVideo or built in plugin in Davinci Resolve. My flickering was caused by changes in aperture, which I should have locked, but I forgot. Changes on auto ISO I don't mind, they don't seem to cause flickering. Thank you for noticing and bringing it up.

Take care, Mike.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules