Clear Avata setup/activation instructions
397 2 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans760abe92
New
Flight distance : 874475 ft
United States

Being that I've had the Goggles v2 for over a year, I bought the Avata by itself, and also bought the FPV Controller 2. I can bind the controller to the Avata, but not the goggles for some reason. Is it because I use the googles with the Air Unit/Caddx Vista on FPV drones?
Also, I see in a few videos that there is a cable connecting the Avata with a mobile phone for activation. Is this a straight-through cable, or do I have to use an OTG device?? The instructions or videos are NOT clear about this, unless I'm missing something.

The setup of the Avata seems to be harder than it has to be... any thoughts???
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, fans760abe92. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please note that using the goggles on your air unit should not have any effect in connecting it to other drones like your new DJI Avata. You may check this link (https://www.dji.com/uk/avata/video) and see how to link your DJI FPV Goggles V2 to your Avata. In case it cannot be paired, you may go to the Settings of the goggles and switch the aircraft mode there. Go to Settings>About>Switch Aircraft Model. For the activation, we have three connection methods you can use. You may connect the goggles to the phone in these ways:
1. OTG cable: Connect the USB-C OTG cable to the USB-C port of the goggles. Use your smartphone cable to connect the phone to the OTG cable.
2. USB-C to USB-C cable: Connect each end to the goggles and the phone.
3. USB-C to Lightning cable: You may use this if you are using an iPhone.
Please refer to this YouTube tutorial to get more details about the DJI Avata setup: {}. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-9
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you updated your goggles v2 to the latest firmware yet?

Good luck
2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules