Dji Avata and Dji Rc Pro Controller Compatibility
7527 20 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomMenace06
New

United States

In the future would it be possible to have the Dji Rc Pro/Smart Controller be able to support control of the Dji Avata? Okay I already know what you are thinking the joysticks on the Smart Controller automatically move back to the center so this idea would be pointless but here is the thing some people want to get the vibe of flying a FPV drone but they don't want to have to learn how to fly freestyle. Which is why having the compatibility with the Smart Controller comes in handy; you see you can have the feeling of flying a Dji air 2s or even a Matrice 30T/M30T with the Camera Stability of The Avata. Yes I completely understand this is an FPV Drone but if you think about it, the buttons and everything else on the Smart Controller would be perfect to have different flight modes, for example instead of Cine you could have your standard Dji Air 2s kind of flight but slow and steady, then for Normal Mode you could have the Normal Dji Avata Freestyle Fpv flight, Finally Sport Mode would be like Cine but Faster. I Pesonally believe this could be a big leap for the Smart Controller's Compatibility and this could definitely Increase the Popularity by quite a bit. I would just like to point out this was just an idea I thought of while using the Dji FPV Flight Simulator on the Smart Controller. And Most Importantly keep up the Good work with the AMAZING Drones from Dji.
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, PhantomMenace06. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your valuable ideas. We have your request recorded and we will have it forwarded to our developers. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
PhantomMenace06
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 19:42
Hi there, PhantomMenace06. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your valuable ideas. We have your request recorded and we will have it forwarded to our developers. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank You for your response.
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PhantomMenace06 Posted at 11-9 17:36
Thank You for your response.

You are most welcome, PhantomMenace06. DJI continues to strive to provide the best user experience. Thank you for your continued support. Happy flying!
2022-11-12
Use props
djiuser_bKLIV09uPGeP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151785 ft
Hong Kong

Wasn't there any convenient way to get the video from Avata directly , like Mavic 3 % Mini 3 pro
2022-11-14
Use props
manolix
New

South Korea

I will immediately buy RC Pro when it support Avata
2023-2-12
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

Rest assured that will not be going to happen. AVATA will not be an fpv drone anymore if you can use an RC-Pro. It is built like that for people who want to get into FPV.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_bKLIV09uPGeP Posted at 2022-11-14 01:46
Wasn't there any convenient way to get the video from Avata directly , like Mavic 3 % Mini 3 pro

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. DJI Avata now supports FPV Live with the use of the DJI RC Pro. With this feature, the drone's live feed can be output to the remote controller's screen. Here's how to enable it:
1. Connect DJI RC Pro to DJI Goggles 2 with the USB-C cable, then enable FPV Live.
2. Connect DJI RC Pro to DJI FPV Goggles V2 with the USB-C cable, and make sure that the firmware is the latest version. Then choose DJI Avata in the goggles and enable FPV Live.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

manolix Posted at 2-12 00:42

Hi, manolix. Thanks for your interest in DJI Products. The DJI RC Pro can be used to output the live feed of the DJI Avata. You may refer to the information we have posted in post #8. In addition, please be advised that currently, it is only limited to outputting the live feed, but not controlling the aircraft with it.
Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. Have a nice day!
2023-2-20
Use props
Nozama
New

Taiwan

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 21:52
Hi, manolix. Thanks for your interest in DJI Products. The DJI RC Pro can be used to output the live feed of the DJI Avata. You may refer to the information we have posted in post #8. In addition, please be advised that currently, it is only limited to outputting the live feed, but not controlling the aircraft with it.
Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. Have a nice day!

I think most people want to use RC Pro to CONTROL Avata and not watching the video feed from it.  For me, I would prefer to use the goggle 2 to fly it, or connect to a proper screen for monitoring.  Yes, the screen on RC Pro is part of the control, but it's the actual control that people are asking for.  If Avata is promoted as "cine" drone, people would think that RC Pro would be useful to apply those advanced fly routine to it and not just the FPV Remote.
2023-2-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nozama Posted at 2-21 15:44
I think most people want to use RC Pro to CONTROL Avata and not watching the video feed from it.  For me, I would prefer to use the goggle 2 to fly it, or connect to a proper screen for monitoring.  Yes, the screen on RC Pro is part of the control, but it's the actual control that people are asking for.  If Avata is promoted as "cine" drone, people would think that RC Pro would be useful to apply those advanced fly routine to it and not just the FPV Remote.

But maybe a few additional buttons are needed for control, which the DJI RC Pro doesn't even have...???

Think about it...   
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nozama Posted at 2-21 15:44
I think most people want to use RC Pro to CONTROL Avata and not watching the video feed from it.  For me, I would prefer to use the goggle 2 to fly it, or connect to a proper screen for monitoring.  Yes, the screen on RC Pro is part of the control, but it's the actual control that people are asking for.  If Avata is promoted as "cine" drone, people would think that RC Pro would be useful to apply those advanced fly routine to it and not just the FPV Remote.

We completely understand. Hence, we will continue to gather such requests and communicate them to the related team. We want our users to be informed of the use of the DJI RC Pro on the DJI Avata at present. We hope that controlling the aircraft through would be possible in the future.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_6CU5dILg4OKu
New

United States

I have a mavic 3 and want the Avata as well, however, while I do want the FPV experience I would also like the versatility to use the RC Pro for multiple drones including the Avata.  

Simply being smaller, I works is the Avata as a smaller camera drone for stills and love the idea it has propeller guards/ bumpers for those tight locations.

Just like the Queen song:  "I Want It All"
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6CU5dILg4OKu Posted at 7-2 06:48
I have a mavic 3 and want the Avata as well, however, while I do want the FPV experience I would also like the versatility to use the RC Pro for multiple drones including the Avata.  

Simply being smaller, I works is the Avata as a smaller camera drone for stills and love the idea it has propeller guards/ bumpers for those tight locations.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI RC Pro is not compatible or it will not work with the DJI Avata. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_krrZNVweEqIP
New
United States

The Avata is being used by police departments to serve search warrants. It is much safer to send in the Avata to look around for someone who might be ready to attack before officers enter.  Comparability with the RC would be better for this application. It is not ideal to carry a remote, goggles, battery hanging from the goggles, and phone connected to the goggles up to the entry. In situations like that it would be nice if the pilot is able to see what’s going on around them also and not be in the goggles.  
2023-8-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_krrZNVweEqIP Posted at 8-26 10:34
The Avata is being used by police departments to serve search warrants. It is much safer to send in the Avata to look around for someone who might be ready to attack before officers enter.  Comparability with the RC would be better for this application. It is not ideal to carry a remote, goggles, battery hanging from the goggles, and phone connected to the goggles up to the entry. In situations like that it would be nice if the pilot is able to see what’s going on around them also and not be in the goggles.

police should choose the drone instead of the drone choosing them.  perhaps the chinese avata is not the answer; what were they using before avata was launched last year?
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_krrZNVweEqIP Posted at 8-26 10:34
The Avata is being used by police departments to serve search warrants. It is much safer to send in the Avata to look around for someone who might be ready to attack before officers enter.  Comparability with the RC would be better for this application. It is not ideal to carry a remote, goggles, battery hanging from the goggles, and phone connected to the goggles up to the entry. In situations like that it would be nice if the pilot is able to see what’s going on around them also and not be in the goggles.

Hi, there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-8
Use props
Baez Graf
New
Italy

Hi, is there anything new about the use of the rc pro controller with the avata ? Is it possible now ? I am using the Motion controller 2, but i don't want to buy the fpv controller if its possible to use the rc pro controller. Because i like to buy a mavic too. Thx for a reply in advance.
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_DjxQZWb6F3qI
lvl.1
United States

manolix Posted at 2023-2-12 00:42

Already have a dji rc controller and would love to be able to use it on the avata i just ordered and will be here tomorrow, id still use my integra goggles but would like to now have to spend another 200 something on a less capable controller than the one i already have for the mavic pro3 and also spent alot of money on, no reason i can see for it not to be compatable.
1-23 19:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_DjxQZWb6F3qI Posted at 1-23 19:05
Already have a dji rc controller and would love to be able to use it on the avata i just ordered and will be here tomorrow, id still use my integra goggles but would like to now have to spend another 200 something on a less capable controller than the one i already have for the mavic pro3 and also spent alot of money on, no reason i can see for it not to be compatable.

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
1-23 21:24
Use props
djiuser_5E7Yu6QKZAaL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200420 ft

Israel

i am looking to order a Avata as well, but the motion controller is not what i was looking for, i want simple sticks to control it.
I already have the DJI RC N1 and DJI RC (mini 3)
I do not want to keep buying new controllers.
2-1 07:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules