Older drones soon to be unusable
933 4 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4f8b3473
lvl.2
United States

I bought a Phantom 2 Vision+ back when they were released. Some time later, a firmware update bricked the camera and it was replaced with a Phantom 3 SE.

Just under a year from now, the FAA's remote ID law takes effect, and my drone becomes a $1200 paperweight.

Seeing as how DJI pushed for this law, I'm thinking people like myself are owed some refunds.
2022-11-8
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Is the Phantom 3 SE still worth $1200?
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
You do not need to take any action until September 16, 2023. On and after that date.If you continue to use the drone, you will have to comply with the rule in either of the two ways described below.
Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module giving the drone's identification, location, and take-off information. A broadcast module is a device that can be attached to a drone, or a feature (such as a software upgrade) integrated with the drone. Persons operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.
Operate (without Remote ID equipment) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs) sponsored by community-based organizations or schools. FRIAs are the only locations unmanned aircraft (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements.

For more details, you can also check this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7548&extra=page%3D1

If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.

2022-11-9
Use props
fans4f8b3473
lvl.2
United States

Estelle Lau Posted at 11-9 00:13
Is the Phantom 3 SE still worth $1200?

IIRC, the Phantom 3 SE was $600. The Phantom 2 Vision+ that DJI replaced with it after breaking the camera themselves was $1200, so I effectively paid double for it.

I probably should've said something then, but it would've accomplished just as much.
2022-11-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dream on
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now