Time and Date setting needed - Pocket 2 losing time set up with MiMo
741 4 2022-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranta62
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I have had my Pocket 2 now for about 2 years. I use it alongside a Mirrorless 4K Camera. Lumix S5 in fact.
I'm using it mainly for filming our travels to different countries  and the lack of reliable Time and Date on the Pocket 2 is a pain in post editing alongside footage from the SLR.
We arrived in USA from UK earlier this year and as soon as we got there I sync'd the Local US Time/Date with MiMo from my iPhone (Local Time & Date fine on mobile). I checked the file created afterwards on Pocket 2 (Time/Date Local time) and it was OK.
Packed stuff away and next morning started shooting footage on both cameras as required. Pocket 2 mainly used for travelling along in vehicle.

I then discovered the Pocket 2 had resorted back to UK time without me knowing. Why ???. Is this a bug?. Why would it go back to UK time?.

This has made it a pain in the neck to use footage in post edit to ensure everything is in the right order/sequence with my 4K SLR footage.

Somewhere on this Forum (can't find it now) someone asked for a manual Time and Date setup in Pocket 2.

Has anyone else had this Time & Date sync issue?. If it is a bug - at least fix it please
Manual Time/Date entry would also be a sensible thing to have if MIMO sync is not working.
Incidently, I did try re-syncing in USA with the mobile again that evening after spotting the problem - and it still switched back to UK time the next day
Have DJI forgotten the Pocket 2 already?. If you are advertising it - support it !!

2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. If you bring the unit to another country or region, it is recommended that you adjust the time for the mobile phone. After that, connect the device to the DJI Mimo and refresh the time then restart the device and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did the battery run dead?
2022-11-10
Use props
Ranta62
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for responses, but I think you need to read my post carefully again.
I specifically say that I used DJI Mimo on my iPhone to sync time. The Mobile phone had already sync'd to the Mobile network in the USA so it was displaying local time and location would be USA.
Therefore there is no reason why once the Pocket 2 is sync'd with the Mobile the Pocket 2 should revert back to UK time.
As regards battery level - the battery was at least above 80%, so no, the time going out of sync was not due to the battery losing charge.

I do not understand why DJI have not incorporated a manual Time and Date setting in this device. I can appreciate that Firmware updates need DJI Mimo , but apart from that I have not used it, unless needing to try and sync date and time. My workflow is not requiring DJI Mimo otherwise as I mainly use my SLR 4K camera - BUT - the Pocket 2 is great for stabilising footage and also for casual use around locations.

As I also explained above, after syncing the Pocket 2 time to USA time, I did two test shots and checked teh file time/Date details which were correct. It was teh following day that it reverted back to UK GMT time.
There is no explanation to this if my phone is still correctly sync'd to USA local time from the Mobile network.

2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_PiQCrxTEVRzX
New

Spain

Dji must to update a decent firmware for this product that is not for free.
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules