Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly Won't Launch
488 7 2022-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schadenfreude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1224 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Fly launches, shows splash screen, then crashes.  Then this dialog:

"Something went wrong with DJI Fly
DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.
Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error."

Phone: Samsung S22.

Have cleared cache, deleted all data.

App not in Android Store anywhere, so can't update.

So...now what?
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Schadenfreude, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. May I know the current DJI Fly app version you have on your phone?
Please try to download the latest version from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and try again. See if the issue is solved then.
2022-11-9
Use props
Schadenfreude
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 19:39
Hi Schadenfreude, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. May I know the current DJI Fly app version you have on your phone?
Please try to download the latest version from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and try again. See if the issue is solved then.

Version 1.6.9.

Can't install from an untrusted source.
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Schadenfreude Posted at 11-10 08:08
Version 1.6.9.

Can't install from an untrusted source.

Hi, Schadenfreude. Thank you for the update. To successfully install the APK file to your mobile device, you must enable permissions for installing from unknown sources. On your mobile device, go to Settings>Apps>Menu icon (three-dot icon on the upper-right)>Special Access>Install unknown apps. Select the unknown app then tap the "Allow from this source" switch. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-12
Use props
Schadenfreude
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 21:39
Hi, Schadenfreude. Thank you for the update. To successfully install the APK file to your mobile device, you must enable permissions for installing from unknown sources. On your mobile device, go to Settings>Apps>Menu icon (three-dot icon on the upper-right)>Special Access>Install unknown apps. Select the unknown app then tap the "Allow from this source" switch. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your continued support.

You misunderstood: I know how to install an APK, but I WILL NOT side-load any applications after having severe, catastrophic security issues doing that before.  

If your applications are not going to be in the app store any longer I need to find an alternative drone provider or alternative software.
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Schadenfreude Posted at 11-13 16:59
You misunderstood: I know how to install an APK, but I WILL NOT side-load any applications after having severe, catastrophic security issues doing that before.  

If your applications are not going to be in the app store any longer I need to find an alternative drone provider or alternative software.

Thank you for clarifying, and my sincerest apologies for misunderstanding your statement. Due to compatibility and technical reasons, DJI apps developed by DJI will not be able to be downloaded from Google Play. As an alternative, we have opened a download channel on DJI’s official website to install DJI apps. We assure you that there is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, and it's guaranteed. Nevertheless, we understand that due to your experience, you would find it hard to trust such platforms, and we respect your sentiments. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-13
Use props
Schadenfreude
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 22:41
Thank you for clarifying, and my sincerest apologies for misunderstanding your statement. Due to compatibility and technical reasons, DJI apps developed by DJI will not be able to be downloaded from Google Play. As an alternative, we have opened a download channel on DJI’s official website to install DJI apps. We assure you that there is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI’s official website are still the same as before, and it's guaranteed. Nevertheless, we understand that due to your experience, you would find it hard to trust such platforms, and we respect your sentiments. Thank you for your continued support.

So when is DJI going to correct the "compatibility and technical reasons" and be in the Android app store like millions of other apps?  
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Schadenfreude Posted at 11-15 11:39
So when is DJI going to correct the "compatibility and technical reasons" and be in the Android app store like millions of other apps?

Hi, Schadenfreude. We apologize, but there is no specified time as to when it would be compatible again. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules