Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Transmission getting terrible range on a drone with A3 Pro.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all, I have two DJI Transmission units that have worked flawlessly on the ground for the last week. However, both units have absolutely horrible reception when attached to a drone. I have a custom heavy lift running the DJI A3 Pro. I'm running the Movi off of a 900mhz Crossfire system to avoid interference, and the only other thing I have attached is an RT Motion mk3.1 FIZ unit. With the Omni antennas, I cannot get passed 500ft without breakup. With the High gain antennas, I can get out to 1,000ft, but when the aircraft turns around I lose all signal on the DJI Transmission and it flips in and out of signal until the drone is landed. What is the supposed to be the best practice for getting maximum range on a drone on this system? Both my Vaxis and Connex units perform much better in the air, but much worse on the ground.

I have tried both Control and Broadcast mode, and I've scanned every channel in 20mhz and 40mhz as well as set it to auto. Nothing helps.
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, TheMightyThor, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the firmware version for the DJI Transmission, as well as its serial number? I would love to double-check the issue.

Please ensure that DJI Video Transmitter Firmware has been updated to v01.05.0200, and try to use auto transmission mode and control mode to check in open areas. If the issue persists, kindly provide a video of this case and the operations for us to check it further.

We look forward to your reply.
2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules