2442 8 2022-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are there any plans to bring back POI mode for missions requiring orbits etc.
Seems odd that the latest and greatest airships can't do POI missions to perform inspections requiring orbits, both the M3E/T and M30/T would appear to be logical replacements for older platforms that can do this perfectly fine.

Thoughts?
2022-11-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 836&pid=2899486
2022-11-10
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Native POI mode would be better... :/
2022-11-12
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

Definitely NEEDS it!!!
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

It shouldn't require a 3rd party app to implement basic level features.
2022-12-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has a penchant for removing established and cherished functionality from its "new and improved" hardware and software. I suppose there may be a strategy behind it but providing the customer the tools they want and need definitely is not it.
2022-12-17
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So how do we feel about this now?
2023-5-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-1 11:10
So how do we feel about this now?

I'm glad we finally have something but it's not a point of interest mode. It's an "orbit a preset coordinate location". One of DJI's YouTube channels had the audacity to label it as a "smart orbit" feature. What about it is smarter than DJI Fly's implementation of it? My OG Mavic Air 2 can orbit a moving target without missing a beat. My newer flagship M3E has to fly to the centerpoint first and then backup to the flight path area. Oh and the way you have to set/adjust the speed of the orbit is terrible too.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-1 12:29
I'm glad we finally have something but it's not a point of interest mode. It's an "orbit a preset coordinate location". One of DJI's YouTube channels had the audacity to label it as a "smart orbit" feature. What about it is smarter than DJI Fly's implementation of it? My OG Mavic Air 2 can orbit a moving target without missing a beat. My newer flagship M3E has to fly to the centerpoint first and then backup to the flight path area. Oh and the way you have to set/adjust the speed of the orbit is terrible too.

I tried using it a couple of times and it was so damn unintuitive ... I haven't tried again since. Have not needed it, but also have avoided any reason to need it... now if it was available and functioned, I could put it to use for some jobs.
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules