Best settings for vibrant 4k/30 videos
802 2 2022-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alan Brand
lvl.1
Australia

I have now had my Mini 2 for a couple of weeks and noticed videos on the Auto setting appear less bright and vibrant than I had hoped and expected given the high quality of much of the material available online for this drone. I have therefore been doing some experimentation with WB, frame rates and ISO in the Camera Pro settings. Convention and most online advice seems to dictate adopting the 180 degree shutter rule where fpsx2=shutter speed so that at 30fps, shutter speed would be set at 1/60s. However on a normal sunny day, this shutter speed seems very low leading to overexposure. So I'm wondering what settings others have found works well for them - or is the general consensus to forget Pro Mode, choose Auto,  let the camera do its thing and correct things later in post processing? I'd prefer not to have to do this though. Would therefore appreciate advice from those much more experienced and knowledgeable than I am on such matters! Thanks, Alan.
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alan. Thank you for reaching out. I can understand how that would be difficult. We hope that other DJI Pilots here will be able to share their customized settings and the software they're using for editing their videos. You may share some video samples on this thread so that we and other Pilots can check them for you and provide some insights. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2022-11-11
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I'm probably in the minority but I'm always quite pleased with the results I get from my Mini 2.

I originally was filming in 4K/30 but editing 4K videos can be a nightmare (especially as I don't have a computer with a dedicated graphics card) but also 4K videos take up an extravagant amount of storage. I now film using 2.7K/60 which makes editing and storage much more pleasant.

Most people I've talked with concerning video quality of the Mini 2 lean towards purchasing ND filters above any other option for improved quality of the videos/photos.

Just my two cents worth....
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules