Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jittering Footage
888 11 2022-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
catch-22-productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7395 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All
So I have literally just received my Osmo Action 3 a few days ago. First time out and got some really jittery footage. Its like every step I take the image shakes making eveything blurred. Every bit of footage is the same You don't notice it on playback on phone or camera, only when I play them back on mac or in final cut

Settings:
4k/16:9 Resoulution
30FPS
Horizontal Balancing

Auto Expo: 100-800
WB: 5500k
Colour: D-Cinelike
Video Compression: HEVC
Anti-Flicker: Auto

Firmware Versio 01.01.05.49
Camera Firmware: 10.00.06.29

2022-11-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

first question we will ask  what is the scenery like, do show a video link so we can say you need to be in better lighting.

the camera has priority low light that basically will help some  but will need to see if you are in full Sun no trees above
2022-11-12
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

Limit your ISO 100-800 will limit your shutter speed and especially if you are filming in a not so bright environment you'll get jitter. What conditions you were using the camera when you got the jitter?
2022-11-12
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In lower light you want to go into the image settings from 'sliders' icon and turn off the EIS.
What's annoying you can't really tell you should have done it until editing later.
In Pro mode you won't see it but if you change it in un-pro I think the setting stays the same in pro.
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We're sorry to read about the issue you experienced. Can you please upload the said footage in Google drive or Youtube and send the link here to us for us to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-12
Use props
catch-22-productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7395 ft
United Kingdom

Jittery Footage
https://youtu.be/4fg1zdjjqog
2022-11-13
Use props
DaveInMoto
lvl.2
Italy

maybe you where in poor light condition and limit the iso at 800 was wrong. i think your shutter speed (on auto for sure) was 1/30 and was too low for the stabilization to work properly.
Retry again but let the iso higher if you want to limit them try 100-3200 or 100-6400.
2022-11-13
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

I have the same issue on occasion. However, there's no shade. It's under open sky. Granted, it's cloudy, but still. Look at the top towards the sky and tree branches. Full auto mode with RockSteady.

2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

As I ride a bike I can get less jitter, but as  i walk I will get more jitter, this is where light is needed  and the more light with EIS will help, and low light priority, or a gimbal and turn off Rocksteady DJI does not offer  less EIS at all. they do  want all of us to experience a better shot wit the maximum  settings allowed
2022-11-13
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I seen this in a lot of OA3 videos on youtube in both good and bad light conditions. I called it first "stuttering" but jittering is probably the right word to describe it.
And I have also seen footage from OA3 compared to OA1 and other brands, and OA3 is the only unit that get this jittering.

On all my tests I did with my unit it was never a problem that I know about, but I always shoot in 60 fps so Rocksteady will manage to work properly (if that's the case that cause it).
2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Something t he gopro does a lot better in th Hero 10 being BAD. and the Action 33 is now just as bad

Jitter, due to  EIS
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules