Second Officer
United States

See my next post.
2022-11-12
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

So I tried to post a copy of a chat with DJI where I asked the question "If I order a new DJI Action 3 now will you guarantee I will get a latest build version without the focus issue?" And the forum response is that my post contains inappropriate content.  Perhaps the portion I copied to paste had a phone number in it so will try without that.
2022-11-12
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

skysailor64 Posted at 11-12 14:01
So I tried to post a copy of a chat with DJI where I asked the question "If I order a new DJI Action 3 now will you guarantee I will get a latest build version without the focus issue?" And the forum response is that my post contains inappropriate content.

Here is the reply:
Audrey
Hi there

If I order a new DJI Action 3 now will you guarantee I will get a latest build version without the focus issue?

Audrey
Good day

Audrey
I see your inquiry for sure

Audrey
From now we do not have the accurate information

Audrey
But if you do not any issue further, you could always get back to us and we will try our best to assist you further

OK. I will wait until this issue is resolved then.

Audrey
Thank you for your understanding

Audrey
We are very sorry for the inconvenience might cause you
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

skysailor64 Posted at 11-12 14:01
So I tried to post a copy of a chat with DJI where I asked the question "If I order a new DJI Action 3 now will you guarantee I will get a latest build version without the focus issue?" And the forum response is that my post contains inappropriate content.  Perhaps the portion I copied to paste had a phone number in it so will try without that.

Hi, skysailor64. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your concerns. Engineering tests determined that certain calibration parameters were too large in some devices, which made the focus distance too far. However, we’ve already resolved this issue with the most recent firmware update, so feel free to purchase the product. Please note that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots. We recommend that you keep a far shooting distance when using the product in order to obtain a clearer imaging effect. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-12
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

OK!  So is the consensus of folks on this forum that it's now a good time to buy the OA3 because they have resolved the problem?  If so I might take a chance with the 14 day return window in mind and see what I get.  I have gone off and looked at the GoPrro11 and cheaper units out there but none provide the rich features of the OA3...I just want a good sharp video.
2022-11-12
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

skysailor64 Posted at 11-12 14:49
OK!  So is the consensus of folks on this forum that it's now a good time to buy the OA3 because they have resolved the problem?  If so I might take a chance with the 14 day return window in mind and see what I get.  I have gone off and looked at the GoPrro11 and cheaper units out there but none provide the rich features of the OA3...I just want a good sharp video.

They wrote you two nonsense.  First, they admit the error in focusing, that it fixes the firmware (a mechanical problem, not a software one).  The second is that you need to shoot from a greater distance to focus the image, so then don't mislead and adjust the FOCUS range specification, because they are lying.  If you have time, go for it, maybe you will belong to the group of people who don't mind, but if you do, then return it within 14 days.
2022-11-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

hope you do get a good model not sure if this forum will be  that  answering call you want.

I ordered outside of DJI not DJI and both were excellent working models.  my 2-points

Site is funny 10 or less  characters no go,  say a cuss no go, so yeah retype it and it will go through
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OK!  So is the consensus of folks on this forum that it's now a good time to buy the OA3 because they have resolved the problem?  If so I might take a chance with the 14 day return window in mind and see what I get.  I have gone off and looked at the GoPrro11 and cheaper units out there but none provide the rich features of the OA3...I just want a good sharp video.

If its an action camera you’re looking for now is a good time and I don’t believe you will be disappointed. If its a camera for taking close up photos indoors then this is the wrong camera to buy. Many on this forum complaining simply because they bought the wrong camera for the job they needed it to do. Buy it and enjoy it..
2022-11-12
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-12 14:36
Hi, skysailor64. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your concerns. Engineering tests determined that certain calibration parameters were too large in some devices, which made the focus distance too far. However, we’ve already resolved this issue with the most recent firmware update, so feel free to purchase the product. Please note that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots. We recommend that you keep a far shooting distance when using the product in order to obtain a clearer imaging effect. Thank you for your understanding.

Which firmware update did you mean ? From 14.10.2022 ? Because he didnt fix anything in my camera.... Or you are planing  to release a new one ?
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kamen666 Posted at 11-13 02:27
Which firmware update did you mean ? From 14.10.2022 ? Because he didnt fix anything in my camera.... Or you are planing  to release a new one ?

Hi, Kamen666. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're still having the same issue. The Firmware Version that fixes the issue is v01.01.05.40. When convenient, could you please provide the device’s serial number and the photos or videos you deemed had a soft focus issue via PM? Please  go to a well-lit environment and follow our method below for capturing photos or recording videos, then send the sample to us for determination:

1) ISO: 100-200;
2) EV: 0; Make sure that the ambient brightness is bright enough;
3) FOV: Wide
4) Resolution/Frame Rate: 16:9 & Steady Disabled & 4K25 or 4K30;

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2022-11-13
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-13 21:19
Hi, Kamen666. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're still having the same issue. The Firmware Version that fixes the issue is v01.01.05.40. When convenient, could you please provide the device’s serial number and the photos or videos you deemed had a soft focus issue via PM? Please  go to a well-lit environment and follow our method below for capturing photos or recording videos, then send the sample to us for determination:

1) ISO: 100-200;

Thanks for your reply !
I already did this steps, and send everything via MIMO app, as I asked to do.
My camera was very blurry and out of focus with production date 2022/9.
I already returned it and get my money back...now still wonder to give another try with another adventure combo, or just to buy GP11....
If you need I can send you my serial number, I used 14 days window, and Im pretty sure that they sold my camera to somebody else...
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kamen666 Posted at 11-13 23:08
Thanks for your reply !
I already did this steps, and send everything via MIMO app, as I asked to do.
My camera was very blurry and out of focus with production date 2022/9.

Hi, Kamen666. Thank you for the quick response. Since you are no longer have the Osmo Action 3, no need to send the serial number anymore. We really do apologize for the inconvenience and we really appreciate you thinking of getting another one. Rest assured that our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have and they have optimized the proximity parsing effect in v01.01.05.40 firmware. You can reach us here at DJI Forum again if you need further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 03:51
Hi, Kamen666. Thank you for the quick response. Since you are no longer have the Osmo Action 3, no need to send the serial number anymore. We really do apologize for the inconvenience and we really appreciate you thinking of getting another one. Rest assured that
our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have and they have optimized the proximity parsing effect in v01.01.05.40 firmware. You can reach us here at DJI Forum again if you need further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Why can't you people just admit it is not a software error but rather a hardware error like focus is wrong?

I guess DJI is really strict bossing you mods
2022-11-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

johansenfoto Posted at 11-14 05:27
Why can't you people just admit it is not a software error but rather a hardware error like focus is wrong?

I guess DJI is really strict bossing you mods

Because they can't fix hardware problem with new software....and they just throw dust in our eyes
2022-11-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 03:51
Hi, Kamen666. Thank you for the quick response. Since you are no longer have the Osmo Action 3, no need to send the serial number anymore. We really do apologize for the inconvenience and we really appreciate you thinking of getting another one. Rest assured that
our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have and they have optimized the proximity parsing effect in v01.01.05.40 firmware. You can reach us here at DJI Forum again if you need further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

I am still considering whether to purchase it again......what are the chances of getting a normal working device without focus issues ?
this is the main reason that stops me from buying again !
if you do know any serial numbers or production dates for the good cameras, I'd be happy to share with me so I can look for such a device
2022-11-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

OK!  So is the consensus of folks on this forum that it's now a good time to buy the OA3 because they have resolved the problem?  If so I might take a chance with the 14 day return window in mind and see what I get.  I have gone off and looked at the GoPrro11 and cheaper units out there but none provide the rich features of the OA3...I just want a good sharp video.

If surprisingly, like me and a few other people, you want a sharp image with the camera, play around with it and come back within 14 days... If you hang it on a drone, you'll be fine, but if it's for daily use from activities, family.... wait for OA4, because with OA3 they changed the rhetoric and it is no longer for shorter distances blah blah blah.....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14w1MPfx7M__KIgnGWrz7bgkZD4JWkMZ0/view?usp=share_link
2022-11-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 11-14 06:45
I am still considering whether to purchase it again......what are the chances of getting a normal working device without focus issues ?
if you do know any serial numbers or production dates for the good cameras, I'd be happy to share with me so I can look for such a device

What you could do is ask the supplier if they can check the date on unit before you ordering. So if it's made in October or later you will buy, else not.
2022-11-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

johansenfoto Posted at 11-14 08:28
What you could do is ask the supplier if they can check the date on unit before you ordering. So if it's made in October or later you will buy, else not.

I don't think that's certain either.
In the last few days, the forum started to show devices manufactured in September and without a problem with the focus.
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kamen666. I understand that you just want to have a normal working device without focus issues. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of information. Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots.  If the camera you'll looking for is for close-up shots, then we will not recommend this one. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 00:44
Hi, Kamen666. I understand that you just want to have a normal working device without focus issues. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of information. Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots.  If the camera you'll looking for is for close-up shots, then we will not recommend this one. Thank you for your understanding.

So kindly change the device specification (focus range from 30cm) and don't mislead potential customers.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StevoB Posted at 11-15 02:13
So kindly change the device specification (focus range from 30cm) and don't mislead potential customers.

Hi, StevoB. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 03:39
Hi, StevoB. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I also appreciate your willingness to write it off here on the forum, but someone else from your company, who is in charge of output quality control, should deal with these things on a flat-rate basis, especially for cameras manufactured before 09/22, and not play dead bug and promising people that the firmware will fix it.
2022-11-15
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Hi, Kamen666. I understand that you just want to have a normal working device without focus issues. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of information. Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots.  If the camera you'll looking for is for close-up shots, then we will not recommend this one. Thank you for your understanding.

I understand it... I know what these cameras are for, but my unit was out of focus even in 60-70 cm distance...
I think that they must delete "focus range from 30cm" from camera specs..
Sadly, you dont't have any info, which cameras are good and which ones are with focuse problem...
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

It looks funny, but in the end, this is a slap in the face for you…Look, such people are needed as controllers
DJI show me which firmware can do this, when everything is solid, additionally taped.... hmmm?

Personally, I would go the way like Zarg, mechanically finishing the lens by screwing, but there it is automatically after the warranty, since things have developed, as they have developed and either they will refund me or I will sell it, so I do not interfere with it.

2022-11-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

And here he test it out, later he show with original lens. Huge difference.

2022-11-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Hi, Kamen666. I understand that you just want to have a normal working device without focus issues. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of information. Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens, which is more suitable for distant shots such as outdoor and movement shots.  If the camera you'll looking for is for close-up shots, then we will not recommend this one. Thank you for your understanding.

Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens…”
So does the GoPro series, yet the difference in close focus is huge.

I have sent my camera back for replacement in October. The manufacturing date was 08/2022. I received email about the lens module replacement, even detailing the price. Then I was sent a brand new camera with the same 08/2022 manufacturing date. I have the test shots. Nothing has changed. I wrote to DJI asking why did they sent me back a different camera with the same issue? Never got a reply.
2022-11-15
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

osmonauta Posted at 11-15 05:40
“Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens…”

So what happen with second unit ?
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

osmonauta Posted at 11-15 05:40
“Let me just reiterate that Osmo Action 3 comes with a fixed-focus ultra-wide lens…”

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have checked your email and did not find any new emails with this problem. May we know how your contacted any support before?
And we will open a new ticket to help you solve this problem.

Thank you.
2022-11-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Kamen666 Posted at 11-15 06:24
So what happen with second unit ?

I have it. I am not sure what to do at this point. I didn’t buy the camera to keep sending it back. I have 2 years warranty on it. Would like to maybe wait until DJI would either fix the units or when corrected cameras would start leaving the factory and then I’d ask for a replacement. But nobody knows if this will happen at all. I really don’t care about the 30cm focus distance any more and I’d just let it go, but things are blurry even at 50cm. Then there is the dreaded wait. And as we know from Murphy’s Law, the sun mostly shines when your camera is in transit.
2022-11-15
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

osmonauta Posted at 11-15 07:01
I have it. I am not sure what to do at this point. I didn’t buy the camera to keep sending it back. I have 2 years warranty on it. Would like to maybe wait until DJI would either fix the units or when corrected cameras would start leaving the factory and then I’d ask for a replacement. But nobody knows if this will happen at all. I really don’t care about the 30cm focus distance any more and I’d just let it go, but things are blurry even at 50cm. Then there is the dreaded wait. And as we know from Murphy’s Law, the sun mostly shines when your camera is in transit.

Exactly mine point...
70cm still blurry
2022-11-15
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

I am chomping at the bit to buy one but will not order one until I see here that good units are flowing to consumers. Sad.
Edit:  OK it turns out I lied..sort of.  I just (a few hours after that post) decided that with indications of some people getting perfectly good units, ordered the adventure package and a 1 year refresh.  Roll of the dice..... I will cdrtainly report back and add to the current discussion.  Fingers crosssed for a good unit.
2022-11-15
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

skysailor64 Posted at 11-15 12:34
I am chomping at the bit to buy one but will not order one until I see here that good units are flowing to consumers. Sad.
Edit:  OK it turns out I lied..sort of.  I just (a few hours after that post) decided that with indications of some people getting perfectly good units, ordered the adventure package and a 1 year refresh.  Roll of the dice..... I will cdrtainly report back and add to the current discussion.  Fingers crosssed for a good unit.

I'm right there with you Skysailor, Want to pull the trigger but I also want to make sure I get a good unit.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StevoB Posted at 11-15 03:53
I also appreciate your willingness to write it off here on the forum, but someone else from your company, who is in charge of output quality control, should deal with these things on a flat-rate basis, especially for cameras manufactured before 09/22, and not play dead bug and promising people that the firmware will fix it.

Hello, StevoB. No worries. Rest assured that the information has been forwarded. If you have an Osmo Action 3 and need further assistance with it, don't hesitate to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Our Customer Support will be more than happy to help you to report this incident and open a ticket. Thank you for your support. Have a good day ahead.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 21:02
Hello, StevoB. No worries. Rest assured that the information has been forwarded. If you have an Osmo Action 3 and need further assistance with it, don't hesitate to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Our Customer Support will be more than happy to help you to report this incident and open a ticket. Thank you for your support. Have a good day ahead.

CAS is already from Friday 11.11. I understand that it takes almost 2GB of raw photos to process something The point is that you must have known about the focus problem a long time ago and you are still bullying people with your inline service protocol, as if it were a rare manufacturing defect. All this leaves the customer with the unpleasant feeling that he is thrown overboard and looking for help on his own, waiting for a global patch and when nothing happens and you start to change the determination and recommendations of what OA3 is and is not suitable for..... buy now in the incredible action of GP11.
2022-11-15
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well since it will be the first thing you check on receipt it would not be too difficult to promptly return it
2022-11-15
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

4wd Posted at 11-15 23:59
Well since it will be the first thing you check on receipt it would not be too difficult to promptly return it

It is, but we don't know which serial numbers are without the focus problem.
it's all about luck and winning the lottery
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StevoB Posted at 11-15 23:13
CAS is already from Friday 11.11. I understand that it takes almost 2GB of raw photos to process something  The point is that you must have known about the focus problem a long time ago and you are still bullying people with your inline service protocol, as if it were a rare manufacturing defect. All this leaves the customer with the unpleasant feeling that he is thrown overboard and looking for help on his own, waiting for a global patch and when nothing happens and you start to change the determination and recommendations of what OA3 is and is not suitable for..... buy now in the incredible action of GP11.

Hi, StevoB. We are sorry if you feel this way about this issue. It's never in our intention for our valued customers to experience being bullied or any unpleasant feelings. We already provided the needed details to fix the issue and if the still issue persists, we apologize. Please feel free to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-11-16
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Just order another Combo set... hope this time everything  to be without any problems....
2022-11-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 11-18 03:53
Just order another Combo set... hope this time everything  to be without any problems....

Did you mention to them that you wanted a newer model from October?
2022-11-18
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

johansenfoto Posted at 11-18 04:54
Did you mention to them that you wanted a newer model from October?

due to black friday workload they didn't have a chance to check....
anyway there was 1 last piece left and I can take advantage of a 14-day return period
2022-11-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules