Having touble setting "Max Flight Distance" Precisely
888 6 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerseyJim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692270 ft
United States

Recently my grand daughter expressed an interest in flying my Air 2S drone. I felt it safer to head out to a field with no obstructions in it, and set a "Max Flight Distance" diameter of 500 feet or so to fit between the wooded borders.  However, I find it difficult to precisely set the radius to low numbers such as 262 feet. I can't seem to set the distance "slider" control without large jumps in numbers. There seems to be incriments of 50 to 100 feet in radius for each step selectable which cuts down an already small circle by almost 200 feet. Am not sure, but the same numbers seem to be selectable with each step. These are VERY fine movements between step increases and I end up using the 4th or 5th step from minimum. Very hard to duplicate once I set it coarsely larger for my own flying. I thought I saw a video somewhere of someone "Typing" in the precise value. Is this a possibility with the Air2S using DJI Fly?
                     Thanks.
2022-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is almost impossible to set it to a precise number on a slider.  Would be nice if they had a plus or minus button to get to a precise setting.  I haven't heard of anyway to type in a number.  
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, JerseyJim. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. At the moment, there is no option to manually enter your desired values on the app and it can only be adjusted through the slider. We understand that you're not having an ideal experience with the slider. We will help you forward this feedback to our developers to possibly optimize the app. Moreover, we will also take your suggestion of having the choice to type in your preferred Max Distance. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-13
Use props
JerseyJim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692270 ft
United States

Thank you Tony for passing this on for the Air 2S on DJI Fly.  Even if keeping the slider, maybe a way of "fine tuning" small changes once the slider is held on a particular value.  Yes, as mentioned above, a "+/-" fine-tune option would be much easier as well.                                               Also, the adjusted value is located too close to the low end of the slider. Currently a  person's finger obscures the value that he is trying to change (a mm at a time with a wide finger),  & see at the same time. Of course this would not be an issue if typing a direct entry value.  Thanks again.

2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JerseyJim Posted at 11-14 01:33
Thank you Tony for passing this on for the Air 2S on DJI Fly.  Even if keeping the slider, maybe a way of "fine tuning" small changes once the slider is held on a particular value.  Yes, as mentioned above, a "+/-" fine-tune option would be much easier as well.                                               Also, the adjusted value is located too close to the low end of the slider. Currently a  person's finger obscures the value that he is trying to change (a mm at a time with a wide finger),  & see at the same time. Of course this would not be an issue if typing a direct entry value.  Thanks again.

You are most welcome, JerseyJim. Thank you for the added suggestion as well. We can understand how this, and the previous feedback, would be very helpful for DJI drone users. We always strive to provide the best user experience. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2022-11-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There have been complaints about these f'n slider adjustments since the Fly App was launched. Typing in values is a feature of the earlier Apps such as Go & Go4, Fly is a toy compared to those.
I loathe those slider limit setters with a passion, apart from being impossible to set a value accurately it is, I suspect, FAR too easy to accidentally drag one setting whilst setting another.
I once ended  up with an RTH  at a height the was very illegal because of this, I had been up a hill from where I launched so the max height ceiling had been raised and I think I must have accidentally altered the RTH height whilst setting the Max height. I lost connection whilst back down low and the drone RTH'ed. It takes a long time to get down from there.
2022-11-14
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I totally agree. It would be far easier if you could just type in the number as I believe we could do in previous versions of the app - Go 4. Plus and minus would also help for fine tuning.
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules