Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI please look: request for EASA Remote ID on WiFi NaN
3792 22 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

When I purchased the DJI MINI 3 PRO I had tested the reception of the Remote ID (according to EASA standard) on the Wi-Fi NaN protocol and it worked perfectly.

Now I was developing an application and I wanted to do some tests but I realized that, probably in the latest firmware, it has been disabled.

I know well that for drones weighing less than 250g it is not mandatory, but I ask DJI, is it possible to insert it as an option at the pilot's discretion?

There may be occasions when it can be very useful, such as demonstrations, use together with other operators, rescue situations, etc.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, here is a site that explains how it works:
https://www.opendroneid.org/

2022-11-13
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Wow, it is the first time I have seen someone from the drone community supporting the Remote ID capability.
Yes, I agree that there should be an option to enable it if the pilot wants to.
Not only on the Mini 3, but also on other drones. I remember a while back, while flying my Air 2, I noticed a new Remote ID tab in DJI Fly, but then a few updates later they removed it, maybe that's also because of Remote ID being optional in Europe as of now.
Would be great if there would be an option to enable it if the pilot wants to, because I would also like to test different drone tracking apps to see which work and which don't, and if remote ID is disabled, I can't do that, unfortunately.
2022-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I know some ATControllers would be happy if they are to be informed that you have entered air space with permission and when you have left.
Getting permission to fly in controlled space will be a lot easier and safer for everyone. So having the option with drones under 250g can be helpful.
2022-11-13
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Italy

In fact, my request to activate it is precisely for this reason.
I really agree on using the Remote ID, in particular, in areas where there may be SAPR and manned traffic.
2022-11-14
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Italy

Up, I changed the title hoping DJI will respond.
2022-11-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This may help you. I PMed DJI Tony about currently broadcasting drone models.
Here is his reply, click the link -
Hi, Ken. Thanks for your inquiry! At the moment, the DJI drones with FAA RID-compliant firmware are the DJI Air 2S, Mini 3 Pro, and the Mavic 3 Enterprise. Future updates may support the other DJI drones. To get more details, you may check this link: {https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 277548&extra=page=1}. Let me know if you need further clarification. Have a nice day!
2022-11-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Italy

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-18 07:12
This may help you. I PMed DJI Tony about currently broadcasting drone models.
Here is his reply, click the link -
Hi, Ken. Thanks for your inquiry! At the moment, the DJI drones with FAA RID-compliant firmware are the DJI Air 2S, Mini 3 Pro, and the Mavic 3 Enterprise. Future updates may support the other DJI drones. To get more details, you may check this link: {https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 277548&extra=page=1}. Let me know if you need further clarification. Have a nice day!

Thank you very much. I think DJI has disabled the European Remote ID transmission in the same firmware in which has enabled the Faa RID.
Currently I can confirm that Mini 3 Pro doesn't send the Remote ID. I checked with the app and with Wireshark
2022-11-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 11-18 07:51
Thank you very much. I think DJI has disabled the European Remote ID transmission in the same firmware in which has enabled the Faa RID.
Currently I can confirm that Mini 3 Pro doesn't send the Remote ID. I checked with the app and with Wireshark

I checked a while back also and nothing is showing, thank god, surely this has to break GDPR for the EU? and hopefully for the UK too...

I have no qualms should the data be encrypted and only relevant authorities can view it, it should not be available for Joe Public.
2022-11-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Italy

I would like it could be enabled if necessary.
I don't mind if is free and not encrypted.

2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 11-18 09:05
I would like it could be enabled if necessary.
I don't mind if is free and not encrypted.

Its bad enough we are being stuck with remote ID,this is just asking for more trouble
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 11-18 10:00
Its bad enough we are being stuck with remote ID,this is just asking for more trouble

You are completely missing the point here , there are many benefits to RID particularly for those working commercially and needing SOPs to work in controlled airspace .
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 10:11
You are completely missing the point here , there are many benefits to RID particularly for those working commercially and needing SOPs to work in controlled airspace .

I am not missing the point at all here,it boils down in the end to a complete invasion
of privacy period.That makes two people that are for RID.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 11-18 10:18
I am not missing the point at all here,it boils down in the end to a complete invasion
of privacy period.That makes two people that are for RID.

You haven’t any idea how many people particularly commercial pilots who will welcome this if and when it comes in. BTW so far how many pilots have been robbed raped sexually abused or murdered since the RID has gone live in the US ;+)
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 10:51
You haven’t any idea how many people particularly commercial pilots who will welcome this if and when it comes in. BTW so far how many pilots have been robbed raped sexually abused or murdered since the RID has gone live in the US ;+)

Going back to thread # 1,why should the mini 3 pro have an option to have RID
turned on and off,even with the regular battery to keep it under 249g.
It is under 250g and therefore exempt from RID,or is it not exempt.
I do have a  question for you or anyone on the mini 3 pro as long as I am on this
topic. I am considering getting the mini 3 pro probably with regular size batteries.
I would like to know as the latest firmware for the mini 3 makes the drone remote ID
compliant,I figured it will be broadcasting RID right now. When RID becomes basically law
in sept. 2023 will the mini 3 pro be able to detect which battery is in the drone and disable
the RID signal if the regular size battery is in use.any thought would be appreciated.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 11-18 11:21
turned on and off,even with the regular battery to keep it under 249g.

You need to inform yourself of the rules in Europe if you’re going to comment on them. And I would suggest you take up RID for the US with FAA.
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 11:39
You need to inform yourself of the rules in Europe if you’re going to comment on them. And I would suggest you take up RID for the US with FAA.

I even tried to have a decent conversation with you for a change and I guess that did not work.
And still receive a goofy response.
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 11-18 11:44
I even tried to have a decent conversation with you for a change and I guess that did not work.
And still receive a goofy response.

Your misinformed but continue to comment , all the information is already on this forum as well as many other places.
2022-11-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately dji has already made up their mind when it comes to answering the question, will the under 250g mini 3 pro will exempt from rid in america?  the answer is no.  dji has filed the "yes" paperwork, they have modified the sw, and it appears this will go live per the deadline. i don't work at dji but i also can try to answer the second question:  will the drone detect the size of the battery and determine if rid will broadcast or not?  the answer is no.  im 95% sure.  for one, optional rid broadcasting is nowhere in the rules and regulations so if it were implemented, it would be done so by the manufacturer.  what is in the rules says no rid compliant drone shall have the ability for the pilot to disable.  so going back to your first question, the declaration....that's mostly how i arrived at the 95% answer to your second question.  there's no path in the rules for dji to both declare and disable.  is it possible rid will be unavailable when flying outside the usa?  possibly.
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 11:47
Your misinformed but continue to comment , all the information is already on this forum as well as many other places.

A question for you, what is you major malfunction as it seems no one can deal with you.
Even trying to hold a normal conversation with you is not possible.I know I speak for many other here.
I think its time for you to get checked out as you may need professional help.
Done
2022-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 11-18 11:58
A question for you, what is you major malfunction as it seems no one can deal with you.
Even trying to hold a normal conversation with you is not possible.I know I speak for many other here.
I think its time for you to get checked out as you may need professional help.

Well as you know its this way with you, but you’ve had so many banned accounts you don’t know whether you’re are coming or going. So go troll someone who cares.
2022-11-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-18 11:52
unfortunately dji has already made up their mind when it comes to answering the question, will the under 250g mini 3 pro will exempt from rid in america?  the answer is no.  dji has filed the "yes" paperwork, they have modified the sw, and it appears this will go live per the deadline. i don't work at dji but i also can try to answer the second question:  will the drone detect the size of the battery and determine if rid will broadcast or not?  the answer is no.  im 95% sure.  for one, optional rid broadcasting is nowhere in the rules and regulations so if it were implemented, it would be done so by the manufacturer.  what is in the rules says no rid compliant drone shall have the ability for the pilot to disable.  so going back to your first question, the declaration....that's mostly how i arrived at the 95% answer to your second question.  there's no path in the rules for dji to both declare and disable.  is it possible rid will be unavailable when flying outside the usa?  possibly.

Thanks for the reply,much appreciated.
Have a good day.
2022-11-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Italy

At the moment in Europe (Italy) the RID is disabled on a normal DJI MINI 3 PRO. It is under 250g.

In any case, I asked to give the possibility to turn it on or off, just in this case, when there is no obligation.
This is because in some cases it may be necessary, certainly not to invade privacy, but for example, in the event of events or demonstrations in which it is important to recognize the presence of drones in the air.
Or when they are used for non-hobby purposes.
In short, there is this possibility to track them, why not use it?

Those who are afraid of privacy, do not just turn it on, they end up there.
2022-11-19
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 11-19 23:45
At the moment in Europe (Italy) the RID is disabled on a normal DJI MINI 3 PRO. It is under 250g.

In any case, I asked to give the possibility to turn it on or off, just in this case, when there is no obligation.

Thanks for the reply
Have a good one
2022-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules