Problems with using it upside down.
1973 2 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

Hi! Yesterday I received my new RS3 Pro Combo and immediately ran into several problems. It seems fortunately, it can be fixed with the help of a new firmware.
1. If I turn the gimbal handle up and then turn it on, the camera will go straight to my groin. This happens only on gimbals of your brand, all other manufacturers program gimbals so that they look forward, and this is absolutely logical. I can guess why you did it, and for normal use, when the camera is at the bottom and the handle is at the top, you need to pull the trigger three times and activate the "selfie mode" so that the camera opens from the groin and moves forward. I am sure that in most cases people will use this mode, and it can be made basic when the gimbal turns on or wakes up after sleeping in an inverted use case. As a last resort, if you do not have the opportunity to do so, then at least make it so that when using the selfie mode, after waking up from sleep, he returns to the "selfie" position again, and does not seek to roll into the base position (the camera is aimed at the groin) and that's why it's important... If I connected my monitor and power to the camera and shoot in selfie mode, then after coming out of sleep mode, gimbal tends to rotate the camera 180 degrees and tear off the power and HDMI connectors. I found that the design of the locks allows you to lock the gimbal in the "selfie" position, after waking up you just need to unlock the locks and return it back to selfie mode. This is a very important nuance that I ask your engineers to pay attention to, because this annoying feature forced me to sell my RS2 after a month of use. He hasn't returned to selfie mode either, and I'm just tired of fighting the fact that he tends to break the connectors in my camera.

2. Where did the function of the 180-degree inverted screen go? There are productions in which most of the use takes place in inverted mode, when the camera is at the bottom, the handle is at the top (or another mount). I really need a menu item to flip the screen 180 degrees.

Unfortunately, if you can't help me, then I won't be able to use this RS3 Pro either, and I'll have to get rid of it. I also want to note that the gimbals of other brands in the lower use case, the camera turns forward, as this corresponds to logic.

2022-11-13
Use props
djiuser_KY24pYHyQuAF
lvl.2

Germany

I will one up this as i just got rs 4 and it wont tay upside down at all, keeps reseting to normal position and freaking off trying to correct itself wtf DJI ? its a 550€ gimbal i cant even use upside down that is not acceptable
4-18 01:12
Use props
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

djiuser_KY24pYHyQuAF Posted at 4-18 01:12
I will one up this as i just got rs 4 and it wont tay upside down at all, keeps reseting to normal position and freaking off trying to correct itself wtf DJI ? its a 550€ gimbal i cant even use upside down that is not acceptable

I believe that such a large and unwieldy company simply won't notice your message and won't do anything.
4-18 16:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules