Bad fogging on the Goggles2, and Q about LED panel on left side.
2532 7 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

From reading around it seems fogging is a big deal with these goggles, for me its especially bad.  I will start seeing fog build up in minutes. I've tried to keep them looser on my head, anti fog wipes, etc... not really working.    there is a fan but it seems to be far more interested in turning on for the electronics way after everything fogged up than before.
Also, what is the array of what looks like LEDs on the left side of the goggles opposite to the touch pad on the right side?  I've not see them do anything and no settings around them.
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, JoeJK3D. Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that drastic changes in temperature and humidity will cause the screens or the lens cone to fog up, which is normal. Avoid using the DJI Goggles 2 in environments where temperature and humidity tend to alter significantly. If the screen or the lens cone has fogged up, place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Keep the Goggles 2 out of hot and humid environments. Regarding the LED in question, it is the LED Dot-Matrix Display. It is similar to a channel display. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 22:56
Hi there, JoeJK3D. Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that drastic changes in temperature and humidity will cause the screens or the lens cone to fog up, which is normal. Avoid using the DJI Goggles 2 in environments where temperature and humidity tend to alter significantly. If the screen or the lens cone has fogged up, place the goggles in an indoor setting at room temperature and wait until the fog disappears. Keep the Goggles 2 out of hot and humid environments. Regarding the LED in question, it is the LED Dot-Matrix Display. It is similar to a channel display. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Does the dot matrix actually display anything during normal operation?

Also I found once the goggles heat up and the fan is running at full speed, the fogging isnt an issue.  Can the there be an option to have the goggles fire up the fan at full speed all the time?
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeJK3D Posted at 11-27 08:54

Also I found once the goggles heat up and the fan is running at full speed, the fogging isnt an issue.  Can the there be an option to have the goggles fire up the fan at full speed all the time?

Thanks for your response. Yes, it would display the current channel of the goggles. Please refer below:

Regarding the functions of the internal fan, we need to have it confirmed by our related department. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a nice day!
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

JoeJK3D Posted at 11-27 08:54

Also I found once the goggles heat up and the fan is running at full speed, the fogging isnt an issue.  Can the there be an option to have the goggles fire up the fan at full speed all the time?

Fans running all the time (or faster) would be nice
2022-11-28
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

I've just been turning on the goggles early and let them get hot so the fan runs and then its all better...   but thats not a solution, its a good way to burn down the battery for no reason.
2022-12-1
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 23:38
Thanks for your response. Yes, it would display the current channel of the goggles. Please refer below:
[view_image]
Regarding the functions of the internal fan, we need to have it confirmed by our related department. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Umm, those buttons dont exist on the Goggles 2... at least as far as I can tell.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeJK3D Posted at 12-1 12:37
Umm, those buttons dont exist on the Goggles 2... at least as far as I can tell.

Hi, Joel KD. Apologies for the confusion caused. Yes, the Channel Adjustment Button included is only present on the DJI FPV Goggles V2, and not on the DJI Goggles 2. And by the way, regarding the function of the fan, please note that it will start to dissipate heat when the temperature reaches greater than 30°C and the starting speed is at 35%. Currently, there is no option to manually adjust the fan or to set it at full speed at all times. We will have your request forwarded to the related team for consideration. Please stay tuned on our DJI Official website (www.dji.com) for relevant updates. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules