Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

finally it happens on my avata

Summary
1. time line - 0:04 ... happens, Avata flipped itself while I am doing a normal left yaw turn
- 0:05 saved my Avata, but down from 47m to 17m height in one second

2. Another height/sensor problem

one more problem, right before the flipping, the height sensor seems having problem too at around 0:03, that it drifted from 47m to 34m in less than half second. Gravitational acceleration is 9.8m/s, so there is no possible way to have more than 10m down in less than 1 second.

Conclusion:
to be honest its not hard to save it, just a roll and pull up will do, i dont see any special "skill" here
but the difficulty is needing time, since the drone stops responding for a moment.
If I was flying lower than 30m, the drone would be in the water...

Recommendations:
1. you need around 30m to save your drone
2. when it happens, cut your throttle (otherwise, it will speed up to the ground), give roll (left/right also ok) input to flip it back to normal horizon, pull up immediately
3. good luck

What's wrong with Avata?
Besides, DJI can i do warrenty for a replacement now or should i wait for firmware updates?
I am more than happy to send you black box data, flight log, original video etc in order to help your development team to figure it out...
Lastly, I love Avata, and it would be a perfect drone if we can resolve this last puzzle.

2022-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2022-11-14
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Arkchan
Just question so I can learn and avoid the issue.
Did you just jaw left at high speed and no roll left?
What do you think if we roll and jaw at slower speed, will we avoid this problem?

Thanks
2022-11-15
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

hungdang Posted at 11-15 01:39
Hi Arkchan
Just question so I can learn and avoid the issue.
Did you just jaw left at high speed and no roll left?

I extracted the flight log for your reference:

as you see that i give both little yaw input and roll input, but i cut the throttle to turn around, then it flipped itself:

There are few things that might help:
1. dont cut the throttle when you turn like the normal cinewhoop;
2. turning in slower speed should also help.

Not sure if this problem can be avoided 100%,
I might not risk to fly it anymore until they release the update or do a replace for me,
I think i am going back to fly DJI FPV as it can fly normally and yaw without problem no matter how fast i fly them.
Good luck if you still want to risk it.

2022-11-15
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

optimism.  just wait until it happen on a time you need to be graceful but end. up on your back
2022-11-22
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 11-22 09:12
optimism.  just wait until it happen on a time you need to be graceful but end. up on your back

ya, so i think i am not gonna fly Avata anymore...
Gonna switch to other drones like my old DJI FPV,
still hoping they can fix the firmware asap...
2022-11-22
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

arkchan Posted at 11-22 11:23
ya, so i think i am not gonna fly Avata anymore...
Gonna switch to other drones like my old DJI FPV,
still hoping they can fix the firmware asap...
People will start to forget DJI AVATA because of the flipping issues and they will instead go with GEPRC CINEBOT 30 with the new DJI O3 AIR UNIT. Why settle with a drone such DJI AVATA that will not let you fly the way you wanted when you can do it with the CINEBOT30 with DJI 03 AIR UNIT?
20221123_084004.jpg
2022-11-22
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not to be an ass, but I could see this coming just by your camera angle, the lines on the screen and full speed ahead.  You used Yaw only that is why it is tipped to one angle.  Remember the drone is not flying flat, so when you yaw it is spinning on that axis and at that angle the air is passing over the ducts on one side and loses lift.  There isn't going to be a fix for physics, so don't hold your breath on some miracle firmware fix.  When you are in Normal and Sport mode DJI is automatically inputting roll for you when you yaw, giving you the false sense that this is all I need to do in Manual.  Download Liftoff and practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more.
2022-11-22
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Woobisah Posted at 11-22 16:42
Not to be an ass, but I could see this coming just by your camera angle, the lines on the screen and full speed ahead.  You used Yaw only that is why it is tipped to one angle.  Remember the drone is not flying flat, so when you yaw it is spinning on that axis and at that angle the air is passing over the ducts on one side and loses lift.  There isn't going to be a fix for physics, so don't hold your breath on some miracle firmware fix.  When you are in Normal and Sport mode DJI is automatically inputting roll for you when you yaw, giving you the false sense that this is all I need to do in Manual.  Download Liftoff and practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more.

ya, we cant fix physics, what about the sudden drop of 14M in less then half second from horizontal flying then?
Physics cant even explain that ...

furthre more, i am giving little yaw and roll input , please read my comment and flight logs before judging people who has 40 times more flying distnace than you...

secondly, DJI has confessed there are malfunctional boards, not even an arguement anymore, stop looping to argue with it.

you are giving misleading comments, not to be an ass but just stating facts sorry

2022-11-22
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Elendil Posted at 11-22 16:40
People will start to forget DJI AVATA because of the flipping issues and they will instead go with GEPRC CINEBOT 30 with the new DJI O3 AIR UNIT. While settle with a drone such DJI AVATA that will not let you fly the way you wanted when you can do it with the CINEBOT30 with DJI 03 AIR UNIT?

hope they will not...
but begin to losing hope when time goes by...
2022-11-22
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

@  they will instead go with GEPRC CINEBOT 30 with the new DJI O3 AIR UNIT. While settle with a drone such DJI AVATA...

The price for Cinebot30-O3 approaches Avata's, especially when you add a battery and a charger included in the price of stand-alone Avata.
2022-11-23
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

still hoping they can fix the firmware asap
2022-11-23
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

arkchan Posted at 11-22 23:45
ya, we cant fix physics, what about the sudden drop of 14M in less then half second from horizontal flying then?
Physics cant even explain that ...

Trust im not going to waste my time anymore with people who simply dont know how to fly.  Just let them crash and whine for a firmware update that is never coming.  No hardware recall either. Go back to GPS assisted drones or stay in Normal mode ffs.
2022-11-23
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Hong Kong

celltx Posted at 11-23 02:25
@  they will instead go with GEPRC CINEBOT 30 with the new DJI O3 AIR UNIT. While settle with a drone such DJI AVATA...

The price for Cinebot30-O3 approaches Avata's, especially when you add a battery and a charger included in the price of stand-alone Avata.

i am really looking into it now... seems a more decent real cinewhoop to fly with O3
2022-11-23
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

Woobisah Posted at 11-23 10:17
Trust im not going to waste my time anymore with people who simply dont know how to fly.  Just let them crash and whine for a firmware update that is never coming.  No hardware recall either. Go back to GPS assisted drones or stay in Normal mode ffs.
Well that's good. You have to check your attitude too not to invalidate other peoples' issue with the avata just because you didn't experience it. You're a KAREN in the making. But no worries CINEBOT30 with DJI O3 AIR UNIT will surely be able to cater our real FPV needs, unlike the DJI AVATA which you need to fly carefully because it isnt made for "real FPV" flying as you guys are claiming.
2022-11-23
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woobisah Posted at 11-22 16:42
Not to be an ass, but I could see this coming just by your camera angle, the lines on the screen and full speed ahead.  You used Yaw only that is why it is tipped to one angle.  Remember the drone is not flying flat, so when you yaw it is spinning on that axis and at that angle the air is passing over the ducts on one side and loses lift.  There isn't going to be a fix for physics, so don't hold your breath on some miracle firmware fix.  When you are in Normal and Sport mode DJI is automatically inputting roll for you when you yaw, giving you the false sense that this is all I need to do in Manual.  Download Liftoff and practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more.

I agree with you can't fix physics with firmware, however ridiculous to state "oh you're flying it wrong".  Sure I know this drone ain't gonna come close to performance of my FPV drone; like shooting peas at a battleship lol.  But still there is hope DJI can improve stability of the tumble through firmware by compensating thrust when IMU detects the incoming calamity
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules