Drone jobs
735 23 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

Is there a place on this site specifically set up for discussion of drone jobs? Pro work, that is paying, jobs you've done, jobs you're contracted to do, types of work you're considering? A pge that would potentially help other pros either find or consider doing in their own area. Maybe one pilot has found a good niche that others never thought to explore. That sort of stuff.
2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No, there is not.
You do get questions about paid jobs here every now and then, but not very often.
And I'm not sure if a lot of pro (paid) flyers are on this forum regularly.
They tend to jump in when they have a problem with their DJI product
2022-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read this article a while back but it might and it might answer a few of your questions.
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for the inquiry. We regret to inform you of that we don't have that kind of page here in DJI Forum. DJI Forum is mainly made so that all of us can communicate with other DJI Users around the World. To help them with their concerns, share some insights, works, and recommendations.   Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 03:00
No, there is not.
You do get questions about paid jobs here every now and then, but not very often.
And I'm not sure if a lot of pro (paid) flyers are on this forum regularly.

That's a fair observation. Still, "if you build it they will come". It's not that important, but I do wonder if there was a Pro Page, if it wouldn't see a goodly amount of traffic.
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-14 03:19
I read this article a while back but it might and it might answer a few of your questions.

Thanks Downtown, not exactly what I was looking for, but some ideas nonetheless.
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 03:37
Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for the inquiry. We regret to inform you of that we don't have that kind of page here in DJI Forum. DJI Forum is mainly made so that all of us can communicate with other DJI Users around the World. To help them with their concerns, share some insights, works, and recommendations.   Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

I'm not sure that having a Pro Page would negate that mission.
2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:08
That's a fair observation. Still, "if you build it they will come". It's not that important, but I do wonder if there was a Pro Page, if it wouldn't see a goodly amount of traffic.

I would not know, but I think that pro's have better things to do than share their ways of working. But I could be very wrong.
2022-11-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The drone business is saturated to the point of ridiculousness.

Customers expect way too much for way too little.  
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 04:11
I would not know, but I think that pro's have better things to do than share their ways of working. But I could be very wrong.
There is that. I'm a carpenter/contractor, on Facebook there are a a lot of pages for guys in the industry, and there are a lot of guys on those pages. We talk about our jobs, our customers the price of materials, what we charge in our different areas, what a job is worth, how to properly go about doing a particular task.... So it's not outside the realm of possibility.
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-14 04:16
The drone business is saturated to the point of ridiculousness.

Customers expect way too much for way too little.

Yup, drones are cheap, really, so everybody with a drone is a "professional". Same in construction, everyone who owns a hammer is a carpenter. It literally takes years, but at some point you can begin to rise above the rest, building a reputation on quality work and your own integrity. I'm not sure how that shakes out in the drone industry.
2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:21
There is that. I'm a carpenter/contractor, on Facebook there are a a lot of pages for guys in the industry, and there are a lot of guys on those pages. We talk about our jobs, our customers the price of materials, what we charge in our different areas, what a job is worth, how to properly go about doing a particular task.... So it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Yup. Maybe you are right about that.
I'm just an enthusiast.
2022-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:09
Thanks Downtown, not exactly what I was looking for, but some ideas nonetheless.

Sorry, wish I could have been of more help.  Hopefully, some of the "pros" will chime in with more relevant ideas.  
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-14 04:30
Sorry, wish I could have been of more help.  Hopefully, some of the "pros" will chime in with more relevant ideas.

I see that I didn't say thank you, but I'm grateful for you sharing what you did have!
2022-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:38
I see that I didn't say thank you, but I'm grateful for you sharing what you did have!

No probs Dark Horse.  Have a wonderful day.  
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 04:27
Yup. Maybe you are right about that.
I'm just an enthusiast.

I'm just an entusiast still myself, but I'm studying for the part 107, I'd like to have a reason to buy more expensive, more featured drones. It will be a while after I'm actually making some I come to talk the Mrs into agreeing to a $4k-5k expense, but if it earns money, it's like any other tool I purchase for construction. If it earns its keep, then I can provide it a home.
2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:51
I'm just an entusiast still myself, but I'm studying for the part 107, I'd like to have a reason to buy more expensive, more featured drones. It will be a while after I'm actually making some I come to talk the Mrs into agreeing to a $4k-5k expense, but if it earns money, it's like any other tool I purchase for construction. If it earns its keep, then I can provide it a home.

She will need some good reasons for allowing that
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 05:09
She will need some good reasons for allowing that
That's the challenge
2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It always is.
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dark Horse Posted at 11-14 04:10
I'm not sure that having a Pro Page would negate that mission.

Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for the reply. No, it would not however, we believe that there are already a lot of online sites where you will see those kinds of jobs. But don't worry I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-14
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 22:08
Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for the reply. No, it would not however, we believe that there are already a lot of online sites where you will see those kinds of jobs. But don't worry I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Gamora.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. You're welcome. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions.  Thank you for your valued support. Happy Flying!
2022-11-15
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

I put laughing emojis on that last post but they didn't show up. OH, I see, I have to use the ones provided.
2022-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dark Horse Posted at 11-15 18:05
I put laughing emojis on that last post but they didn't show up. OH, I see, I have to use the ones provided.

Yup. Otherwise they won't show
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules