Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daxmon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 397162 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello,

I have Mini 3 Pro and a Air 2S drone, that I use depending on where and how I want to fly.
To control both drones, I'm using the RC Pro remote.
Since the last update on the RC Pro, every time when I change drone in the app, I have to do a firmware update.
So when changing from Mini 3 to Air 2S I get the message that I have to update my firmware. And when changing back from Air 2S to Mini 3, the same thing happens.
I've tested it multiple times here at home, switching between the two drones, and every time I need to update the firmware.
This quite annoying, especially when you're on location and operating on an mobile data connection.

Is this problem/behauviour allready known ? Are there other pilots, facing the same problem ?

grtz

Patrick
2022-11-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The RC Pro has to change firmware between the two because each drone uses different commands and parameters.
2022-11-14
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

Yes it needs to reconfigure the remote, but I don't think that requires mobile data.  It's only a guess, but I would think that it is reprogramming a FPGA (field programmable gate array) chip from info already in the remote.
2022-11-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The first time, it does require data. After that it is just switching from one set of instructions to the other.
2022-11-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wouldn't you think the word 'switching' is more appropriate, and less confusing than the word 'updating'??? But after all, the 'updating' process is reasonably quick and smooth.
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Daxmon. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify if it's switching the drone or updating the firmware? If it's updating the firmware, kindly send us a video while doing the operation so that we can further check it. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 19:47
Hello, Daxmon. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify if it's switching the drone or updating the firmware? If it's updating the firmware, kindly send us a video while doing the operation so that we can further check it. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.

I also think that the term "updating firmware" doesn't quite capture the fact.  
It's a switching of operating parameters of different drones, but it confuses the user when he reads "updating firmware" on the display...
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 11-14 23:19
I also think that the term "updating firmware" doesn't quite capture the fact.  
It's a switching of operating parameters of different drones, but it confuses the user when he reads "updating firmware" on the display...

Hi, frankymusik. Thank you for your insight, that could be what's happening with Daxmon's DJI RC Pro. Hopefully, he can check it again and update us. Thank you for your support and have a safe flight always!
2022-11-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes, it is correct but this firmware is internal no need to download and takes some seconds. The same is in RC.
2022-11-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After the first switch/update, "switching firmwares" might be a better combination of words.
2022-11-16
Use props
Daxmon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 397162 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 19:47

Sorry for the late answer. But it is when switching drones on the same controller

grtz

Patrick
2022-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Daxmon Posted at 11-17 07:39
Sorry for the late answer. But it is when switching drones on the same controller

grtz

Hi, Patrick. Thank you for the update. If you will change from a different drone to another, you will really need to undergo that switching phase for you to be able to use the RC with the drone. The firmware update should be only done once there's a latest release from DJI Fly. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules