Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What to Do If My DJI Drone Flew Away
16637 20 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

If you’ve ever experienced a drone uncontrollably flying off into the sunset, you will know too well how this makes a pilot feel.

Fortunately, most of the incidents are preventable if you follow some simple and straightforward guidelines. Please click “Tips for your flight safety~” and help you prevent flyaway from happening.

However, the unexpected can happen at any time. If you are faced with such a situation, what should you do?

Following the steps below give you a good chance of recovering your drone.
In the first place. you should know about the following process after flyaway occurs.
1.png

In this article, I will be explaining them in detail and covering how to synchronize flight records and create a flyaway case.

How do you find a drone that flew away?

Searching the drone is the first step in the efforts to retrieve your flyaway drone. Most pilots search for their drone in that last known location. Be sure to be careful and remain calm. If the aircraft is lost in a dangerous environment such as sea, mountain or cliff, etc., safety is always the first!

The “Find My Drone” feature on the app may be the first choice to help you get the opportunity to retrieve your drone.

If using with DJI Fly, please click ↓
How to Use the Find My Drone Feature in the DJI Fly App?

If using with DJI GO 4, please click ↓
How to Use the Find My Drone Feature in the DJI GO 4 App?

Note:
If DJI FPV or DJI Avata is flown away, please synchronize flight records in the goggles to DJI Fly first:
Connect DJI Goggles 2 or DJI FPV Goggles V2 to DJI Fly, go to “Profile” on the home page and tap “More”. At this time, a “Sync flight data to the cloud automatically over Wi-Fi and view it on other devices.” prompt will be displayed at the upper left corner. Tap to enable it and “Synchronizing flight records from goggles to your local device. x% complete” will be shown. Then the flight records in the goggles can be viewed after synchronizing.

Besides, you can find a flyaway drone by checking its last known coordinates.
This will give you the flyaway drone’s exact location or, at least, vastly narrow down the area you need to search.

How to check the last known coordinates?
DJI Fly: Go to “Profile” on the home page and tap “Find My Drone”. Then the coordinates where the drone was last connected can be found at the lower left corner.
how to find coodinates in DJI Fly app.png

DJI GO 4: Tap “Me”, “Flight Records” and enter the corresponding flight record. The latitude and longitude can be found in the upper left corner of the playback bar. Pull the progress bar to the end and the last known location can be found.
how to find coodinates in DJI GO 4 app.png

Then you can enter latitude and longitude coordinates in Google Earth or other map to locate your drone.

You will find that understanding how to read the flight record will be helpful for finding your drone.
Check How to check the flight record DJI Fly & DJI GO 4

If you find or retrieve your drone while the drone is damaged, please submit Online Repair Request and send the drone back to DJI for diagnosis to avoid unnecessary danger on the next flight.

But most of all, if you lose your DJI drone, don’t panic. Please refer to the following steps and contact DJI Support for assistance.

Synchronize Flight Records

If you have experienced a flyaway, we recommend that you sync the flight record in case DJI may have to access to your flight records to determine what happened with the drone. Please refer to the following tutorials to learn how to synchronize flight records.
Click→ How to Sync Flight Records in DJI Fly/DJI GO 4? (iOS/Android)

Tips: In some cases, more information such as flight record files, cached videos, etc. may be required to further locate the issue. If necessary, our technical support will contact you to follow up your case for details after the flyaway case is created.

Contact DJI Support & Create a Flyaway Case

Once flight records are synchronized, you can report a flyaway case via Flyaway Reporting or contact DJI Support to create a flyaway case.

Method 1: Flyaway Reporting Service
Flyaway reporting service is now available in many countries and regions for some products. Please click here to report a flyaway case, or visit DJI official website, go to Support, then click the “Support” button, scroll down the page to find Flyaway Reporting and click “Report Now”.

If DJI Care Refresh is purchased and bound, as well as flyaway replacement service can be provided, you can simply choose to use flyaway coverage when reporting a flyaway case and obtain a replacement product. After the case is created, please produce a DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report.
Click→ How to Produce a DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report?
Producing a DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report in advance can double the efficiency of applying flyaway replacement service.

Tips:
In order to use Flyaway Coverage, your DJI account and remote controller must be bound with the drone using the app. If this binding operation has not been completed prior to experiencing a flyaway incident, Flyaway Coverage cannot be used.
It is recommended to carry out the binding operation after DJI Care Refresh activation, tap here for the binding guides.
To learn more about Flyaway Replacement Service, click this link.

Our technical support will contact you in about 1-2 working days after your flyaway case is created.

If flyaway reporting service is not supported in your country or region, or your drone is not covered by the service, please refer to method 2 and contact DJI Support to create a flyaway case.

Method 2: Contacting DJI Support to Create a Case
Contact DJI Support at this page and get technical help via chat or email to create a flyaway case.
It is more efficient to prepare the following information in advance:
- Serial Number of the Product:  
- App Account:
- Date and Time of the Incident:
- Flyaway Location:
- Description of the Incident:  

Notes:
Before a flyaway case is reported and solved, you should not delete the app or clean up the app data. Otherwise, the case processing and solution may be affected due to data loss.
Once the flyaway case is created, our technical support will follow up the case till the case is ended.

Although flyaway still happens and is not a nice experience for pilots, thankfully, there are a handful of different ways that you can prevent flyaway or retrieve your drone. We genuinely hope that you never have to go through such an experience.

2022-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good info!
2022-11-14
Use props
djiuser_Q6XIfGbUPEO6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552372 ft
Switzerland

Maryann78 Posted at 11-17 05:44
Buy fake canadian dollars online,

Wtf bro! @dji wtf is this!
2022-11-17
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

nice theard
2022-11-22
Use props
Timothy Love
lvl.1

United States

Good Information
2022-11-23
Use props
Alex _ Leipzig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9057175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you, hope will never need this info
2022-11-23
Use props
Ooh matron….
lvl.1
Flight distance : 936325 ft
United Kingdom

Ive found the “last bit of vid prior to whatever” really useful. A really stupid mate who forgot that the 400’ needs updating as you fly uphill found turtle mode really useful and saved a long climb. Ok it was me guv
2022-11-24
Use props
splits
New

Germany

can I download the video cache files from the remote control Mini3 Pro? I lsot the mini 3 pro and the cached files are better as nothing :-)
2022-11-28
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

I need the Mavic 3 Classic
2022-11-30
Use props
Omar_Khalid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32326 ft
Saudi Arabia

Great information
2022-12-2
Use props
fans0a1da545
lvl.1
Flight distance : 770472 ft
United States

This is not always the case and especially for me with the flyaway I experienced.  Here’s what happened to me and you will see why I’m hesitant to ever really fly my drone like I used to. Only worrying about crashing it but I am a good pilot and after a few years I wasn’t worried about crashing.Mr drone: DJI mavic pro.  So I’m at a local park I’m filming the sunset and I get a warning on my controller so I quickly glance down to see what the warning was , it was strong magnetic interference land immediately, ok so I look up to acquire my drone visually and it’s not where it was a second ago. And then I get the next warning notification gps off, and the next compass off. And then it was disconnected, gone.  So you can can use the goto last location or find my drone and it’s gonna show u the point that the gps and compass disconnected but thats usually the beginning of the flyaway so without those crucial systems working it’s off the grid and clearly not done flying away.I was distraught
2022-12-4
Use props
JJBarnes_0101
lvl.1

United States

Very helpful
2022-12-6
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

Thanks You!
2022-12-31
Use props
STS_Operator_ES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962136 ft
Spain

I was wondering how the DJI Care (with Flyaway include) coverage works in this case:

1. I purchased my Mavic mini 3 Pro in Spain
2. I go to Switzerland and my drone flies away because of a sudden strong wind. I can't find it.
3. I go back to Spain and report the Flyaway case.
4. When sending the flying map to DJI, they see that the drone was flew away in Switzerland.

Will the coverage still work for me?

Thank you.
2023-2-1
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks a lot.
2023-2-9
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

Thank You! I will keep that in mind!
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_YY6SVOTmOGXN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44124 ft
Italy

Hi everybody, how should I know if my mini2 is registered on care refresh also for flyaway substitution? That’s what I can read on app /profile management. Many thanks for any feedback
154BE45E-3A73-4B7E-8B95-DD4F332F4D9F.png
2023-3-11
Use props
Tungsten
New

United States

Very god info
2023-4-27
Use props
djiuser_E6Zv4lTJEJWJ
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing.
2023-5-11
Use props
BradM05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191178 ft

United States

Super helpful.
2023-5-30
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

The mere thought of a drone flyaway fills me with anxiety! Thankfully, DJI has taken precautions to address such situations. Thank you for sharing this information, but I sincerely hope that neither I nor anyone else ever experiences a flyaway incident. Let's continue to fly safely and enjoy our drones without any unexpected mishaps. #flysafe
2023-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules