15239 95 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I keep getting a notification message in my googles screen "Battery capacity not updated for extended period".

Q1: Does anyone know what this message mean?
Q2: When I check the status the tip is to decharge the battery <10% (by flying the drone), wait 30 mins, charge and wait before use again 30 mins. I did this a couple of times, but the message is still there. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for the effort!
Regards, Alex
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Considering the error message, may we confirm if your battery level depletes as you use the drone or stays the same? Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 19:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Considering the error message, may we confirm if your battery level depletes as you use the drone or stays the same? Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi Tony, thx for your quick reply. Do you mean the start level of the battery? The start level is not 100% (after I guess around 7 flights) but 99%.
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans952a73d7 Posted at 11-15 02:56
Hi Tony, thx for your quick reply. Do you mean the start level of the battery? The start level is not 100% (after I guess around 7 flights) but 99%.

Hi there. To clarify, at the time you received the error message and were prompted to fly your drone, did the battery level deplete as you used the Avata, or it stayed on the same level along with the error message? We want to confirm if the battery itself is discharging as you use the drone. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-15
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 21:29
Hi there. To clarify, at the time you received the error message and were prompted to fly your drone, did the battery level deplete as you used the Avata, or it stayed on the same level along with the error message? We want to confirm if the battery itself is discharging as you use the drone. Thank you for your valued support.

Yes, I get the message direct when I start the Avata with a fully charged battery. The message does not disappear during the flight.
2022-11-16
Use props
fans5a9bcb3f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've got the exact same problem.-Battery fully charged, but only shows 99%.-Message doesn't go away, but drone flies fine, and battery power diminishes normally
2022-11-16
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans5a9bcb3f Posted at 11-16 11:12
I've got the exact same problem.-Battery fully charged, but only shows 99%.-Message doesn't go away, but drone flies fine, and battery power diminishes normally

Yes, exactly, that's the case...
2022-11-17
Use props
fans5a9bcb3f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Anybody out there have a solution to this?-Could it be a problem with the drone, and not the battery?
2022-11-17
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Anybody out there have a solution to this?
2022-11-17
Use props
fans5a9bcb3f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Solution is to upgrade to the latest firmware.(Should have known!)
2022-11-17
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans5a9bcb3f Posted at 11-17 11:37

I upgraded to the new firmware and this seems indeed the solution. Thx
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans952a73d7 Posted at 11-16 00:13
Yes, I get the message direct when I start the Avata with a fully charged battery. The message does not disappear during the flight.

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. We are pleased to read that it has been resolved by updating the firmware. Should you have other concerns, please reach us back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_5w2t8R7Cq1RP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194324 ft

Vietnam

my  drone  is  up to  dete , but i see the message :Battery capacity not updated for extended period:
2023-2-6
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I've got the exact same problem
2023-2-6
Use props
BrockB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have this problem on one battery... Would like to know the answer... Thanks!
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrockB Posted at 2-7 20:48
I also have this problem on one battery... Would like to know the answer... Thanks!

Hi, BrockB. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing the same errors. We recommend you update or refresh the firmware of the battery using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Place the battery into the aircraft and proceed with the update/refresh. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 21:25
Hi, BrockB. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing the same errors. We recommend you update or refresh the firmware of the battery using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Place the battery into the aircraft and proceed with the update/refresh. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.

Yes  it  working  well  thanks  a lot . Do  not update  the  drone   with phone but  with pc only  , Problem is  in the battery not in the  drone , I have 3  battery  I have to  update  all
2023-2-7
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mate  ,it works  for  me only until  the  first  flight  , then it  show  again the message ,  is the battery  fail ?
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tenor sax Posted at 2-8 04:35
Mate  ,it works  for  me only until  the  first  flight  , then it  show  again the message ,  is the battery  fail ?

Hi there. We're sorry that the error reappeared. In this case, we recommend you send the batteries back for further checking. You may contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) and submit a repair request. We understand that this is not the answer you hoped to hear, but this is the best resolution we can offer for this kind of error. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2023-2-8
Use props
BrockB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you .... will do....
2023-2-9
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 23:38
Hi there. We're sorry that the error reappeared. In this case, we recommend you send the batteries back for further checking. You may contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) and submit a repair request. We understand that this is not the answer you hoped to hear, but this is the best resolution we can offer for this kind of error. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

I  buy  it  in Vietnam , here  Dji  care  is not  supported ,  they  say  drone and battery  are under  garancy , i  will try to  bring  to  the  shop ,  Thanks a lot  for your  support .
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrockB Posted at 2-9 10:37
Thank you .... will do....

You are most welcome. We hope this works for you.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tenor sax Posted at 2-9 17:41
I  buy  it  in Vietnam , here  Dji  care  is not  supported ,  they  say  drone and battery  are under  garancy , i  will try to  bring  to  the  shop ,  Thanks a lot  for your  support .

We understand. We recommend you contact our Customer Support directly so you will be guided in your next actions. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-10
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 00:06
We understand. We recommend you contact our Customer Support directly so you will be guided in your next actions. Thanks for your understanding.

all : finally fix . Take your battery, make sure it discharges to 5 to 10%, wait a couple of hours, recharge it and wait an hour and then use it again. The problem is solved
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tenor sax Posted at 2-10 00:25
all : finally fix . Take your battery, make sure it discharges to 5 to 10%, wait a couple of hours, recharge it and wait an hour and then use it again. The problem is solved
[view_image]

That's great news. We appreciate you sharing the troubleshooting you performed to resolve this concern. We hope that the error does not reoccur. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-13
Use props
wooshdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290725 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 22:38
That's great news. We appreciate you sharing the troubleshooting you performed to resolve this concern. We hope that the error does not reoccur. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi, I'm getting the same issue and I've updated the firmware and recalibrated the battery. The issue doesn't seem to inhibit flying, but it is worrisome nonetheless. What should I do?
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wooshdog Posted at 2-22 16:06
Hi, I'm getting the same issue and I've updated the firmware and recalibrated the battery. The issue doesn't seem to inhibit flying, but it is worrisome nonetheless. What should I do?

Hi, wooshdog. Thanks for notifying us about this error. And we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. If the firmware refresh/update and calibrations did not eliminate the error, we're afraid you may consider sending the batteries back for further checking as previously recommended to other DJI Pilots with the same issue. You may submit a repair request at (repair.dji.com) directly, or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com). We appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-2-23
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

fans5a9bcb3f Posted at 2022-11-17 11:37

it true - when you have multiple batteries you need to connect each one and allow the bird to sync up and then the firmware update pops up. the you update it (At least that is what I have been lead to believe)

I have a new fly more pack so I will be upgrading all those batteries one by one.
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Tenor sax Posted at 2-8 04:35
Mate  ,it works  for  me only until  the  first  flight  , then it  show  again the message ,  is the battery  fail ?

one thing you can do is upload the flight log and lets look at the battery metrics.

There is a ton of good info there I promise you........

Let us know.
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Tenor sax Posted at 2-10 00:25
[view_image]

hmm, it's a "Smart Battery" so maybe a balance issue......again I think this may just be a glitch or only happens with firmware version X or something, but could be just a battery issue.

the flight log from a full flight with the message should help......at least let us know if the pack is suffering a lot of voltage sag or if one cell is out of balance or going bad.

Will also be nice to see if it comes back after you cycled the pack down and followed the instructions.

Wondering also how many minutes of flight you got taking the pack down to 10% - I have never been below 30% on my first and only pack after about 20 flights.

watching this thread as lots of folks affected........
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-24 14:28
one thing you can do is upload the flight log and lets look at the battery metrics.

There is a ton of good info there I promise you........

Here is an example of something we would look at and it would likely be worse if it is a bad battery.

2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_lm9tuDTJ7u6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1792943 ft
United States

I had the same battery error message.  The solution I was given was to discharge (fly the drone) battery to at less than 10%. Then wait at least 30 min and charge battery fully.  It worked for me.
2023-2-24
Use props
ObiWanKenobi
lvl.1

Norway

Hi, I have tha same problem with my 2 batteries. I have tried many times to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drone Series), I have also tried to fly below 10%, waited 2 hours, charged it to full, waited another hour and flew again, but still same error message, on both batteries: Battery capacity not updated for extended period
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ObiWanKenobi Posted at 3-22 23:47
Hi, I have tha same problem with my 2 batteries. I have tried many times to refresh the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drone Series), I have also tried to fly below 10%, waited 2 hours, charged it to full, waited another hour and flew again, but still same error message, on both batteries: Battery capacity not updated for extended period

Hi there. We're sorry you encountered this issue as well. If none of the troubleshooting worked, we regret to inform you that you will have to send the batteries back for further checking. You may contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for instructions on how you can submit a case and send the batteries. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-3-24
Use props
Kees360
lvl.1
Netherlands

Same her with my 3 Avata battery's:  "Battery capacity not updated for extended period"
Latest firmware and all up to date.
Solution?
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kees360 Posted at 3-25 03:09
Same her with my 3 Avata battery's:  "Battery capacity not updated for extended period"
Latest firmware and all up to date.
Solution?

Hi there. We're sorry to hear that. We understand that the batteries are updated, but have you tried refreshing the batteries through the DJI Assistant 2 software? If not yet, please refresh them first. Please keep us updated.
2023-3-25
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here since battery firmware update today.
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... in addition, cycle count is now reset to 1, which is not true. Used these batteries several times.

There may be something very wrong with this batterie firmware update.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SeehawerB Posted at 3-26 12:45
... in addition, cycle count is now reset to 1, which is not true. Used these batteries several times.

There may be something very wrong with this batterie firmware update.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you try refreshing the firmware and check again? Please keep us updated.
2023-3-26
Use props
cristo2241
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4553182 ft
  • >>>
Greece

BrockB Posted at 2-7 20:48
I also have this problem on one battery... Would like to know the answer... Thanks!

is it maybe a battery that was involved in a colision?
2023-3-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules