Notification "Battery capacity not updated for extended period"
15856 95 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrockB Posted at 12-30 19:16
All three of my batteries are giving me the error message... I see no update for the firmware... This is a year later from my first post....

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried using the DJI Assistant 2 to check for the firmware? You can download it to your computer here https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series. Have a nice day.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_gZqC2FyL9Roz
lvl.1

Thailand

With new firmware updated, the issue is still remains with my 3 batteries out of 4.  I updated the new firmware which was just released recenly, useless.
1-10 02:43
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-25 21:15
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try discharging the battery to less than 10% and let the battery sit for an hour, then fully charge and let it sit for 1 more hour. If the issue persists. Please insert the battery into the aircraft and refresh the aircraft firmware again via DJI Assistant 2. https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Thank you, DJI Tony!

I was finally able to go out and fly my Avata to discharge the battery and followed your instructions.

Worked perfectly with no need to refresh the firmware!
1-11 01:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DJIFlyer Posted at 1-11 01:51
Thank you, DJI Tony!

I was finally able to go out and fly my Avata to discharge the battery and followed your instructions.

Awesome. I'm glad it worked on yours. You can always reach us if you need further assistance. We appreciate your valued support. Have a nice day.
1-13 02:52
Use props
djiuser_s64sZfjbugOH
lvl.1
Austria

I have the same problem as well. I get the error message on one of three batteries I own.
I did everything as mentioned. Discharged the battery to under 10%. Let it sit for more than half an hour and then charged it again fully and let it sit over night. I as well refreshed the firmware off the drone with the battery installed with the DJI Assistant 2 before I discharged the battery as well as after i fully charged it again. Nothing changed. I still get the same error message.
Is there anything else I can do? Or is the only option left to send the battery in to be repaired?
3-6 00:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_s64sZfjbugOH Posted at 3-6 00:54
I have the same problem as well. I get the error message on one of three batteries I own.
I did everything as mentioned. Discharged the battery to under 10%. Let it sit for more than half an hour and then charged it again fully and let it sit over night. I as well refreshed the firmware off the drone with the battery installed with the DJI Assistant 2 before I discharged the battery as well as after i fully charged it again. Nothing changed. I still get the same error message.
Is there anything else I can do? Or is the only option left to send the battery in to be repaired?

Hi there. If the procedures were already followed, I'm afraid the best option is to send the units back to DJI for further diagnosis. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
3-6 01:59
Use props
LuckyBastd
New
Flight distance : 77336 ft
United States

What a generally terrible update procedure and support.  Not to mention you have to update the drone over and over. Im done with DJI too much hassle to just use the product.
3-6 05:58
Use props
LuckyBastd
New
Flight distance : 77336 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-25 22:19
Hi there. We're sorry to hear that. We understand that the batteries are updated, but have you tried refreshing the batteries through the DJI Assistant 2 software? If not yet, please refresh them first. Please keep us updated.

You can't see BATTERIES in the DJI app. Why are you posting this?
3-6 06:00
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

DJIFlyer Posted at 1-11 01:51
Thank you, DJI Tony!

3-6 21:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LuckyBastd Posted at 3-6 06:00
You can't see BATTERIES in the DJI app. Why are you posting this?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. You will not see "BATTERIES" in the DJI Assistant 2 but you can ensure to update or refresh it by putting the battery into the drone and connecting the aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. If you need assistance, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.
3-10 02:59
Use props
Ruan Carlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674511 ft
Brazil

I got the same messages here with two batteries. With me, doing exactly as the message says, worked.
3-11 05:52
Use props
fans765cef41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407024 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-11-14 19:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Considering the error message, may we confirm if your battery level depletes as you use the drone or stays the same? Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi the battery depletes for me but still get the message.
Thanks darran
4-12 03:11
Use props
fans765cef41
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ruan Carlo Posted at 3-11 05:52
I got the same messages here with two batteries. With me, doing exactly as the message says, worked.

Same here .
I updated my avata for the first time and the battery i had in updated but my 2 spare ones have not updated.
4-12 03:13
Use props
fans765cef41
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also have the same problem.  I updated my avata for the first time and the battery that was in it updated .
But when I put the other 2 in it says they need updated.
Yes when I fly they appear to be going down in power both on battery and inside the goggles.
Guess I have to wait for more updates?
4-12 03:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans765cef41 Posted at 4-12 03:17
I also have the same problem.  I updated my avata for the first time and the battery that was in it updated .
But when I put the other 2 in it says they need updated.
Yes when I fly they appear to be going down in power both on battery and inside the goggles.

Hello there. We do apologize for the trouble. Kindly connect the two batteries on the aircraft one by one then connect the aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software and try refreshing the firmware using both batteries individually. Hope this helps.
4-13 01:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans765cef41 Posted at 4-12 03:11
Hi the battery depletes for me but still get the message.
Thanks darran

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to DJI Paladin's suggestion in reply 95#. Please feel free to keep us posted if the issue persists. Have a nice day ahead.
4-13 03:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules