Antenna update for FPV Goggles 2 (with 2 antennas)
6146 16 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I'm flying the out-of-the box Avata with the new Goggles 2. It works flawless, despite some bad reception when the Avata is flying behing me. I use the standard antennas.
I read some antenna upgrades for the Goggles V2, but not for the Goggles 2. Maybe I missed something, but anyone some tips to extend my range on the Goggles 2?

Thx!
Alex
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, DJI has not released an official upgraded version for the DJI Goggles 2 Dual-Band Antennas. We can only recommend using the antennas that come with the Avata package at the moment. We hope that you can get some helpful recommendations here from your DJI Forum co-users. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
fans952a73d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 21:41
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, DJI has not released an official upgraded version for the DJI Goggles 2 Dual-Band Antennas. We can only recommend using the antennas that come with the Avata package at the moment. We hope that you can get some helpful recommendations here from your DJI Forum co-users. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thx Tony, can I in the meanwhile use the ones from the V2 goggles?
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans952a73d7 Posted at 11-15 02:57
Thx Tony, can I in the meanwhile use the ones from the V2 goggles?

You are most welcome. However, we regret to inform you that the antennas from the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are not compatible with the DJI Goggles 2. But, it can be used with a third-party antenna that comes with an MMCX connector. Hope this helps! Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

from what I can find not many aftermarket antennas for the googles 2 my setup for the fpv v2 goggles are truerc xrc2 and stubbies
2022-11-16
Use props
ImJustDave
New

United States

Anyone know if you can replace the original ant, on the 2?
I lost one and online support is telling me I have to send the entire thing back to them to have it fixed...   That seems a bit excessive for something that I can plug in.
2022-11-20
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ImJustDave Posted at 11-20 12:55
Anyone know if you can replace the original ant, on the 2?
I lost one and online support is telling me I have to send the entire thing back to them to have it fixed...   That seems a bit excessive for something that I can plug in.

You can get from DJI.  $7.50 + shipping. Better take more than one for both sides, they just keep disappearing lol.
Just tell the support to talk to DJI service. Keep telling until they understand that you only want to get new antennas. Might take some time depending on the level of intelligence of the support person.
2022-11-20
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-16 03:59
You are most welcome. However, we regret to inform you that the antennas from the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are not compatible with the DJI Goggles 2. But, it can be used with a third-party antenna that comes with an MMCX connector. Hope this helps! Thank you for your continued support.

Not MMCX, but MCX. Big Difference!
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansebae Posted at 11-20 18:20

Hi, fansebae. We will have it coordinated with our related team for confirmation. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansebae Posted at 11-20 18:20

Hi there, fansebae. We have received a confirmation from our engineers. The antenna interface of DJI GOGGLES 2 is MCX. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day!
2022-11-26
Use props
devintegengmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1415016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know the type of antenna connector on the goggle 2? I have some old crosshair antennas i'd like to try. I just need to know the connection type to sma to make them work.
2023-1-12
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

devintegengmail.com Posted at 1-12 17:44
Does anyone know the type of antenna connector on the goggle 2? I have some old crosshair antennas i'd like to try. I just need to know the connection type to sma to make them work.

read post #11 just above you :-)
2023-1-31
Use props
Howdy1836
lvl.1
United States

ImJustDave Posted at 2022-11-20 12:55
Anyone know if you can replace the original ant, on the 2?
I lost one and online support is telling me I have to send the entire thing back to them to have it fixed...   That seems a bit excessive for something that I can plug in.

To me, this is a design flaw. For a combo unit that cost $1400 with tax and the antenna easily fall out is absolutely absurd. Mine has fallen out and I can’t find a way of getting it. At this point they want to charge me but don’t have any in stock. Ridiculous.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

devintegengmail.com Posted at 1-12 17:44
Does anyone know the type of antenna connector on the goggle 2? I have some old crosshair antennas i'd like to try. I just need to know the connection type to sma to make them work.

Hi there. It's using an MCX connector. Please let us know if you have further inquiries. Have a nice day!
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Howdy1836 Posted at 2-7 10:40
To me, this is a design flaw. For a combo unit that cost $1400 with tax and the antenna easily fall out is absolutely absurd. Mine has fallen out and I can’t find a way of getting it. At this point they want to charge me but don’t have any in stock. Ridiculous.

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. As for your purchase, may I ask if you've contacted our support team?
2023-2-8
Use props
Howdy1836
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-8 00:35
Hi there, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. As for your purchase, may I ask if you've contacted our support team?

Yes. It is currently in the process of being escalated from a supervisor escalation to a manager escalation.

They want me to send my unit in. I stated just grab any pair of Goggles 2; 2 antenna (Not to be confused with Goggles v2, 4 antenna, very poor naming conventions). Any pair of Goggles 2 you can simply pull the antenna right out with nearly zero resistance. Meaning they can easily fall out.

They 2nd thing the support stated is that I should wait until a new design is generated before they send out a new pair (this could take months).

This is the worst experience I have had with DJI since my first purchase nearly 8 years ago. I would not recommend purchasing the AVATA at this time.

2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Howdy1836 Posted at 2-8 07:40
Yes. It is currently in the process of being escalated from a supervisor escalation to a manager escalation.

They want me to send my unit in. I stated just grab any pair of Goggles 2; 2 antenna (Not to be confused with Goggles v2, 4 antenna, very poor naming conventions). Any pair of Goggles 2 you can simply pull the antenna right out with nearly zero resistance. Meaning they can easily fall out.

Sorry for the late reply. We are deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. We notice that our team is following up on your case and the package has been shipped. Please check if you received the email update with the tracking number. We will keep improving our service in the future. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules