Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair Time Questions
1705 22 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightOwlsMedia
New

United States

Hey everybody!  
So 3 months back I had to do the firmware update on my Inspire and it bricked it.  After a few phone calls withthe tech support and the online support I was finally told to send it in to get fixed.  they say it could take up to 6 weeks, which I thought was a very long time. However, the 6 week mark is coming up in 2 days and I have not hear anything from anyone other than they have received it (and they didn't even tell me, I had to get that from UPS).

They also said in the paperwork that if I attempt to contact them about an update, it will take longer to get the drone back.  very threatening.  Has anyone else sent their drone it to get fixed and gotten it back?  This is already losing me a ton of busines.  I've had to refund 3 people so far. If I get it back on the date they promised, I shouldn't lose more money, but I am think DJI really doesn't care about their customers, more and more.
2015-8-13
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

Coming up on 7 weeks waiting for my broken bird...Got the same threat, other than that...no word
2015-8-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

2 months typically, you will most likely receive no updates or info during this time.  their customer service process is very slow with no updates on what is going on.  they must be severely understaffed and have tons of them to fix because many people have reported getting them back after 2 months with paperwork that says they spent less than an hour working on it.  some people have reported getting a message that theirs was fixed and on the way back about a week after they already got it back, very poor customer service.
2015-8-13
Use props
jystorey
lvl.1

United States

Mine was received May 26th,  checked in on Jun 8th. I will be approaching 12 weeks without my machine. They sent me an invoice on Aug 3rd. showing it needed 2 hours worth of repairs. Almost 2 weeks since then and I still have no idea. The information I have, stated if I do not receive any info  after 8 weeks , that I can call. I have called but receive a verbal summary of what I already know. The people on the phone are very nice but absolutely no help. They claim they have no idea either and that they have no way to find out.  Hopefully you will have better luck than I.
2015-8-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

jystorey Posted at 2015-8-14 11:23
Mine was received May 26th,  checked in on Jun 8th. I will be approaching 12 weeks without my machin ...

yikes, so its getting worse then it seems.  not surprising the guys on the phone have no clue, typically large companies outsource their tech support and depending on needs could have people in 5 different call centers in different parts of the world.  Almost never is tech support actually in house from official company employees.  Most tech support call centers hire average people off the street and give them a week or two of training depending on product which is why they are usually unable to do anything or tell you anything.  Frankly you are quite lucky if you get someone who speaks english you can understand. many call centers are in india and other such countries where english isnt the first language.
2015-8-13
Use props
jbscroggins21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was just shipped back to me, after being repaired. 9 WEEKS later.
2015-8-14
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3103881 ft
United States

jbscroggins21 Posted at 2015-8-15 07:27
Mine was just shipped back to me, after being repaired. 9 WEEKS later.

9 wks from check in or shipped to DJI?
2015-8-14
Use props
jbscroggins21
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-15 07:40
9 wks from check in or shipped to DJI?

They checked it in June 12th. They just shipped it out Fedex TODAY. 9 weeks from check-in to ship out. Ridiculous!
2015-8-14
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3103881 ft
United States

jbscroggins21 Posted at 2015-8-15 07:55
They checked it in June 12th. They just shipped it out Fedex TODAY. 9 weeks from check-in to ship  ...

If you don't mind me asking, what was repaired?and cost? Was it repaired under warranty? Looks like 8-9 wks is average repair time for the time being which means I will have to wait  another 3-4 wks. This is crazy!
2015-8-15
Use props
jbscroggins21
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-15 22:41
If you don't mind me asking, what was repaired?and cost? Was it repaired under warranty? Looks lik ...

He's my post about it from yesterday. At that time they were telling people 4-6 weeks turnaround. Yes it is crazy that's why I plan on selling it.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 36&page=1#pid193171
2015-8-15
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
United States

They checked it in June 12th. They just shipped it out Fedex TODAY. 9 weeks from check-in to ship  ...

Still waiting for mine after 7 weeks.  One week after sending my Inspire to DJI I bought another one and have put over 100 flights in. If I waited I would have no airtime.  This either is the smartest thing I have ever done or the dumbest.  I am getting nervous with all the various problems that keep getting posted about the Inspire on the Forum because I am certainly invested in DJI with two birds, three RC's and six batteries.  Any good news out there.
Bright side.....only problem encountered...blacking out of the slave RC ...Wow I guess I should be happy!
2015-8-15
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
United States

Still waiting for mine after 7 weeks.  One week after sending my Inspire to DJI I bought another one and have put over 100 flights in. If I waited I would have no airtime.  This either is the smartest thing I have ever done or the dumbest.  I am getting nervous with all the various problems that keep getting posted about the Inspire on the Forum because I am certainly invested in DJI with two birds, three RC's and six batteries.  Any good news out there.
Bright side.....only problem encountered...blacking out of the slave RC ...Wow I guess I should be happy!
2015-8-15
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
United States

bob.northland1 Posted at 2015-8-16 10:21
Still waiting for mine after 7 weeks.  One week after sending my Inspire to DJI I bought another o ...

Sorry about all the replies...new at the Forum
2015-8-15
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

bob.northland1 Posted at 2015-8-16 10:53
Sorry about all the replies...new at the Forum

You can remove the duplicates.

For each post you want to remove, click on EDIT, then ADDITIONAL OPTIONS, then DEL THIS POST.  Poof.  Gone.
2015-8-16
Use props
gmklinefelter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804058 ft
United States

I sent my I1 in for a repair and accepted by BBOBBY on July 2.  It was placed in the queue on July 9 and has been sitting there for over six weeks.  SOOOoooooooo frustrating!!!!  I have posted a request for an update, but have not heard anything back.  This really sucks.  I have so many things on my list to shoot with the I1 and cannot do anything.
2015-8-16
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

I lost my link to the Zendesk to login and check my status can anyone help with that?
2015-8-16
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got an email confirmation from DJI that they received mine on June 14th - haven't heard a word since i'm in my 8th week
2015-8-17
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

This ALL sounds so comforting as I prepare to send my bird today..
2015-8-18
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

My "support tech" didn't mention sending in the Batts.. Do I need to send those too?
2015-8-18
Use props
bob
lvl.1

United States

Don't send your batts.  

8 weeks here an no contact.  I'm considering filing a police report for theft.  
2015-8-18
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Two days away from 8 weeks now, have not heard anything from DJI, Very poor customer service!!!!! I just want my F'n bird back my vacation time approaching!!!!
DJI,  where's my bird?????????
2015-8-19
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

"They also said in the paperwork that if I attempt to contact them about an update, it will take longer to get the drone back."

If that is factual; it's a great way to run a railroad eh?

1 day short of 12 weeks from me shipping it to them to me getting it back.  Pretty sad....
2015-8-20
Use props
marshalloyd007
lvl.1

United States

50 days, 7 1/2 weeks and still waiting... no contact what so ever..  all attempts to call on phone result in "high call volume, call back later." then hangs up..
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules