Zenmuse L1 issues
1366 3 2022-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans67d1432e
New
Uruguay

Hey everyone,

I´ve workt in photogrametry for quite a few years now, and started to work with the L1 Lidar a few months ago. Last week i did a flight over some forestry fields and did a double grid over some area to study the point density, etc.

when i see the results i find this images i´m attaching, i'm open to theories, what could have  been wrong, or whatever you feel to say, i am in need for answers really

This is what the point cloud looks like:

Thanks for reading and for helping
2022-11-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
I can't see your picture. But with a LiDAR you don't need to make a double grid. It all depends on what you want to do but 150 points/m2 is fine. In general with the L1, for the forests, you can set all the settings to minimum, triple echo, 50% overlap @100mAGL.
2022-11-14
Use props
fans67d1432e
New
Uruguay

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-14 14:48
Hi,
I can't see your picture. But with a LiDAR you don't need to make a double grid. It all depends on what you want to do but 150 points/m2 is fine. In general with the L1, for the forests, you can set all the settings to minimum, triple echo, 50% overlap @100mAGL.

Hi, thanks for answering, yeah, it's not for sure yet if we are still going to be flying with double grid, but this could happen in any configuration I think.

I'm adding more images, let me know if you can see them

2022-11-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Difficult to give a precise diagnosis from these images. The DJI Terra viewer is misleading, it seems that there is a line of demarcation, but to be sure you have to perform a sectional view of the point cloud on suitable software. An elevation difference in several trajectories may occur if the accuracy of GNSS is not great, so it is recommended to use PPK.
It is also very important to systematically activate the calibration of the IMU in flight.
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules